Chapter 350 – Not a special chapter (unrelated)
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Kid felt a sense of kinship coming from within the crater- His beast resonated- Recognizing the creature within, and calling to it. It did the same.

Mad Beasts seldom met each other in the wild, save for certain pack creatures. Even then, plenty found themselves entirely capable on their own, often taking the initiative to consume their companions.

When Mad Beasts did near each other, it was understood that they would distance themselves. The old instincts told them to spread far and wide, to leave no space untainted for long. But the old instincts had little purpose any more. 

There was once something that beheld the beasts to these rules, but they have been long since consumed into nothingness. The Kid had his own theories, but the Beasts don't remember, and even if they did, they wouldn't be much for conversation.

Today, certain Beasts will seek out their kin, with intent to consume. A challenge that was rarely declined, for it is not in the nature of the beasts to not kill, not die. 

The Kid grinned, and hid behind no pretense. Beast would be met with Beast. He fell to all fours, his limbs covering with a thick layer of fur, his hands and feet became clawed and padded. His eyes widened with hunger and ferocity, and his mouth bared fangs.

He salivated as he peered down the dark crater, darkness seeping all around him. 

Curved and several feet deep, the dirt within rarely seemed natural, most of it was covered in splotches of black, sizzling ooze, which coalesced in the center. In the center, of course, sat the other Beast. There was a sense of surprise when it first saw the Kid, but its eyes soon mimicked his own.

The beast had the form of an oversized boar, though it lacked a natural layer of fur. In its place was smooth yet poriferous flesh, beet-red in color. Which itself was covered in a layer of a clear, oozing, almost gelatinous liquid, with bits of inky black coursing unnaturally within. Even the normally wrinkled snout of the creature seemed smooth to the touch.

Its secretions were like that of a slug, placed upon the shape of a boar.

The Kid really wanted to see what its skin felt like. But it felt like a bad idea. Which made him want to do it all the more. He'd do it after he killed it, he decided.

The thing stood firm, and seemed to beckon him into the pit. He was more than happy to oblige.

He charged in on all fours. His legs called for him to pounce, but that would limit his maneuverability. His foe was standing its ground confidently, in its own familiar space. It was prepared for his approach. The Kid would have to remain light on his paws. 

His foe wasted no time attempting to gore the boy with its smooth, goo-covered tusks protruding out of its maw. The Kid was light on his feet, avoiding a majority of the attack by dodging to his right, small droplets of goo flew off of the creature and onto his arm. He shook it off before it reached his skin, but the sleeve of his tan trenchcoat was left with a small hole.

What an irritating ability. Its whole form was covered in this fast-acting corrosive substance. Any attack he'd get off on the creature would result in his own body being hurt in equal or greater measure. And that's before considering the blood his own attacks demand as sacrifice. 

Its times like this that the Kid regretted not investing the time into a proper ranged attack. Like a claw-projectile launcher or something. But it felt like it was against his nature to be so far from his prey. He wanted to hear the screams and see the pain in their eyes. He needed to be absolutely certain that, even though he works fast, his enemies suffer as much as possible. It is what they deserve. 

No matter. His fur would be thick enough to protect him. Pain had never dissuaded him before. This was no different. 

Its attack was overconfident- Slow, and sloppy. That would be the last mistake it ever made.

"FALL WITH ME!" The Kid screamed at the top of his lungs as he raised his claws high over his head. With a single strike, he would cut the abhorrent creature open eight different ways. And he would watch casually as the helpless creature slowly drained. 

And then, oh, and then he'd-

He- He'd- He'd leave.

Yes, he'd almost forgotten. The girl- The angler. He still had to find her. Shit. Okay, he couldn't stay and watch. He'd leave once-

"RUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAHH-" 

Unfortunately for the boy, his thoughts were cut short, as his claws disappeared in an instant, and his paws began to melt away. 

They had not made contact with its body. 

0