Chapter 68 – Shopping trip begins.
119 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It didn't take all that long for S and I to clear out the rocks and pebbles that remained of the stone golem. We just had to warp to them, gather them up, and send 'em back to the ruins through a hole. Very simple, took just a few minutes. Man, could you imagine having to do that without superpowers? Geez, that'd take ages. Those rocks were heavy, man. 

Well, I guess we were only in that situation because of the same superpower that fixed it... Still rad, though. I took a sip of my drink as I asserted this. 

"Right, now that that's over with, what's next?" S said.

"Good question." I said. I went to scratch my head. I guess I angled it weird, because I got a sharp, shooting pain in my arm. "Ahk.-" I involuntarily let out. 

I instinctually lowered my arm, and got a good look at it. Ah... I guess I've been putting that off for long enough. I oughta do something about that before it gets any worse.

"Right, we should probably get you to a heal-"

"Gotta fix my clothes before they tear any more." 

S stared blankly at me, for whatever reason. 

"Seriously?" he said.

"Yeah. It was a nice change of pace for a while, but these are clearly in no shape to wear right now. I mean, what if it rains?" I explained. 

He stared at me blankly for a little while longer. He put his hand to his forehead.

"Why not just buy new clothes? We have the money."

After he said that, for whatever reason, I couldn't help but look out at the clouds, at the sky over the horizon.

"I'd... rather not." I just... I can't part with these. Not yet. 

S returned to a normal stance. "Right... Sorry." 

"I mean, we don't have a closet to store clothes in, after all." I explained.

"Oh, yeah. Guess we don't. Huh." 

"So, know any good clothes shop-places?"

"Yeah, I know a guy back in Starsford, he'll hook you up." That's a weird way to talk about the repairing of clothes, but alright.  

"Alright, that works." I said, opening up the holes, one here, one... How about... Up on the rooftops. Yeah, that'll probably work. 

"Oh, and, afterward, we can eat at my cousin's place." S said. Oh yeah. Her inn's got some pretty good food. 

"Sure." I said. "But, in the mean time, clothes." Can't show up looking like this, obviously.

"Right." S said as we stepped through the holes.

In an instant, we were back in town, all the hustle and bustle of town-goers just below us. 

"Ahhh, man... Feels like it's been a while, hasn't it?" S said, looking around, taking everything in. "Though, it's been, what, a day?" He joked.

"Well, I was here earlier." I mentioned. "But yeah, it does feel like it's been a bit since our last proper visit." 

"Oh, yeah, right..." S said. 

We sat there and gazed out at town for a while longer. That creepy tentacle monster poster caught my eye again. I'd hate to be the guy that runs into that thing, that's for dang sure! 

Well, I'd hate to run into most anything while dressed like this. Clothes!

"So, where we headed?" I asked.

"Oh, r-right. Well, it's across the street and a couple stores down from Maurices place. I should be able to get us there. Just put us in that alley by the 'smith." 

"That was the building with the green roof, right?" I said, making a square with my fingers. Y'know, green's a weird color for a blacksmith, right? From up here, you'd think that place was, like, a gardening shop or something. 

"Right, think so." S said. "Hope there isn't anyone getting mugged or kidnapped this time." 

I chuckled. Yeah, this is where we met Amelia, the duke's kid, wasn't it? That was a very weird, like, 15 minutes. "Y'know, if that dude with the sickles shows up again, I oughta ask him for pointers." I said, as I opened the holes and quickly peeked through. I put the hole in the alley a little ways above the ground, so I could get a better look. 

Yeah, looks like the alley's empty right now, everything's fine. 

I enlarged the holes- 

No, no that sounds weird. 

I made the wormholes large enough so that we could reasonably step through. We did, and S led me through town until we made it to the shop. 

The shop looked basically like any other on the outside, except for the huge glass display outside, which featured some... Unique looking cloaks and robes, placed on mannequins with some... equally unique poses. It's difficult to describe, but it was kinda like those weird poses from those eastern cartoons. The ones with all the punching, and stuff. Those were cool. Kinda wish I was able to get into them before I, well, y'know... Pop.

Oh, and the shop had a weird sign above the door. I couldn't read it, obviously, but the font caught my attention. Some sort of stylized cursive, looked very fancy, very nice indeed. The door was odd, too. It was this deep shade of brown, with a gold colored handle. That, too, was very nice. This place was weird. See, this half of the front looked very nice, very fancy. Look, like, 30 degrees to the right, however, and suddenly you're in la la land. Do I just not get exterior design? 

"You sure this is the place?" I ask S.

"Right, don't worry, guy who runs this place is a bit odd, but he'll patch your stuff up right good." S said.

"Well... if you say so." I said. 

We stepped through the door. The store was huge, and packed full of robes and cloaks of all sorts. Seems that's what this place specializes in. Most of them had weird patterns and designs. All the colors in the room almost made my head spin. 

Beyond just the cloaks and robes, this place also has a corner dedicated to belts. 

Cloaks and belts, huh. What, did S design this place himself?

"YO, HEREMAYS, YOU HERE?" S shouted. I guess that's the guy we're here to see. That's a weird name. Sounds like someone spelled 'Hermes' wrong. Though, I'm hardly one to talk about weird names. 

"Ohoho, is that you, S?"

Seemingly appearing from out of one of the racks of clothes was this incredibly tall, skinny dude with a very bright blue robe, with, like orange accents, some green a bit of gold, and... With all sorts of weird, nigh indescribable patterns on it. I could also see a bit of a bright purple undershirt, and I imagine that's that also had some weird as heck pattern and coloration, too. I would've mistaken his hair for a helmet had it not been so vibrantly blonde. His face was incredibly long, and he had a chin that looked it could cut. His ears looked sharp too, like knives.

Holy crap, this dude's an elf. Yeeeeeeep, 100%. Elf. 

"Here for another robe?" He said to S, before turning to me. "Ooooh, and who might this new face you've brought me be?" He said.

He squinted his eyes, and began studying me, carefully. 

Hooh boy. This'll be fun. 

7