Chapter 114 – Finally, the guy says the things he was supposed to say ages ago.
88 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Though our conversation took more than a little longer than I had anticipated, it mostly went off without a hitch. It's a bit of a shame that she found about my teleportation thingy, 'cus, y'know half the appeal of the aesthetic of having superpowers is the secret, y'know, the masquerade and all that jazz, but, at least I cleared the air and, hopefully, made things a little easier for Zramazos.

At any rate, I think I made it pretty clear to Charolette that this whole thing is supposed to be a secret, and she doesn't strike me kinda person that would spill the beans. At least, that's what I'm gonna be telling myself. That said, I am gonna need to be more careful how I use this. Like, over half a dozen people know my secret at this point... Maybe I oughta develop a secret identity, or something. Then I could start being doing cool stuff in public, and not have to worry about accountability.  

I'll keep that in mind for the time being. Though, there's no way I'm wearing tight spandex or whatever. 

Anyways, we returned to Zramzos and Sis. While Zramazos still kinda looked like someone who's done nothing but vomit blood for the past half hour, it seemed that Sis had done a pretty good job convincing him that things aren't catastrophic. 

Oh, and I made sure to run up and dispose of those flowers before Charolette got too close. Not gonna go through that whole thing again.

Once we properly returned, Sis and I quickly left the scene, figuring that Zramazos has had some time to collect his thoughts and actually do the thing. Though I did give him a little extra reassurance as walked away. 

Of course, by 'walked away' a mean we ducked behind a building a short distance away and continued watching the thing unfold. 

"So, what was that about?" Sis asked, quietly, once we were in position. 

"She knows about the teleporty-thing." I explained. "Nothing important, other than that. And the blushing thing was-"

"Yeah, the 'flower.' I knew I recognized them from somewhere. She's allergic to them, as I recall."

"Oh, uh, yeah." Forgot, she's a 'fan' (borderline stalker) of Charolette, I guess she'd know about it.

"I did some reading about those things once. Apparently, like, 10% of this worlds population is allergic to 'em." She explained. "Though, most people don't got it as bad as Charolette does. "

"Really? 10%'s a lot of people." I said, putting my hands together.

"Yeah. Enough that nobody really grows them on purpose. But they still grow a lot 'cus bees love 'em." She explained some more. Yeah, I imagine bees would like the smell. "They're technically classified as a weed instead of a 'flower."

"Huh. Neat." I said. "Why couldn't you remember any of this earlier?"

Sis shrugged. 

I see.

I pulled my fingers apart, and created a small hole over here, by us, and another over by Zramazos and Charolette. Eavesdropping again. 

"So, as I understand it, you've got you wanna ask me, right?" Charolette said, my knack for consistently starting to eavesdrop at the perfect moment making itself apparent once again.  

"O-oh, uhm, y-yeah." Zramazos began. "A-are, uhm, y-you, uhm, uh, food, uh," He paused for a bit, probably trying to collect his thoughts. Man, this guy's got it bad. "Y-you busy for dinner?" Eyyy! He did it! Wording was pretty poor, but, hey, he said the thing! Or, at least, part of it. He's halfway there.

"Hmmm... No, I suppose I'm not. Why? Want me to make something?"

"N-no, uh, he or, I mean, I-I can take care of that." He said. Alright, seems like he's getting into rhythm, he's getting the hang of this. "I was wondering, if, uh, y-you and I, uh, wanted to have a, uhm, picnic, or somethin', uh, over there." He said. Hmmm, crap, now that I'm thinking about it, a picnic might come off as a little juvenile, without the romantic context, at least, which is something Charolette seems to be lacking in. I'm not sure if she'll go for it. 

"A picnic, huh. Gee, been a while since I've done one of those! Sounds novel! I'm down!" Charolette said. Oh, never mind, then. It was always a great idea, and one would be a fool to even suggest otherwise.

"Uh... Nice, yeah. I'll, uh, I-I'll come get you when dinner rolls around." Niiiiceeee work dude! Whew! Success! Well, almost. Still a bit of work to do on our end. We'll reconvene with Zramazos in a bit.

"Alright, lookin' forward to it! Oh, but in the mean time, I've gotta go and finish up that, uh... Thing... Crap, what was I doing before this? Eh, I'll probably figure it out. Anyways, later!" Charolette concluded, speeding off towards her house.

"Uh...

...L-Later." Zramazos said, though, given the half awkward half dramatic pause, I'd guess that it came out a little late.  

I peeked through the hole, to make sure Charolette was actually gone. Then, I closed them, and Sis and I quickly made our way over to Zramazos.

"Nice work, dude." I said as we got closer. 

He said nothing in reply, and instead just kinda stared over at Charolettes place, all flushed and stuff. Man, this guy is unwell. Gotta work on that. 

"Dude?"

. . .

I'll give him a minute.

. . .

"Uh, huh, wha?" He said, blinking a little bit.

Ah, there we are. "Uh, nice work back there." 

"Oh, uh, y-yeah."

"Anyways, you've done your part, now, I get to have fun." I said. "Okay, so, what're your sizes?" 

"W-What?" He said, seemingly a little embarrassed, for some reason. 

"Y'know, clothes. Shoes, too, actually." His shoes weren't bad, per se, but they were clearly worn down. 

He looked perplexed. "Uhm... Big?" 

"Well, obviously, but, like-" Oh, yeah, I guess clothing size numbers might not exist yet. And even if they do, he probably wouldn't know 'em, since there's no clothing shop here. "Hm... Is there anything you're, like, roughly as big as?" Other than a friggin' barge. It's easy to forget how buff this guy actually is, given his personality. Now, he's not, like, pro wrestler or body builder buff, but he's got the muscle of the working man. Which makes sense, because, as I understand it, he's a farmboy, which involves a lot of physical labor. 

"Uh... I g-guess if you stacked up a c-couple chairs?"

Yeah, that's not gonna work. Hmmm...

Well, desperate times. 

Ok, so I know I just decided to be careful about this, y'know, not use it for stupid stuff as much, but... Well, I mean, c'mon, what's one more?

"Alright, stand still for a sec." 

"Huh?"

"Don't worry about it."

I peeked around for a while. Really making sure nobody's looking at us.

Actually, better safe than sorry.

"Actually, let's go behind the cola thing for a bit. Then stand still." Seems like a good spot for secret things to happen, I think. 

"Uh, wuh, alright?" 

Thus, we went over there, and he stood still. Nice.

I created a hole behind him. I spent some time fenagling with it, making sure it's just about his size. Figure this is a good a measurement tool as any. It took some time to get it right. Since the hole's kinda ovular, it was kinda hard to make the thing the right size...

Well... I guess... I mean... does it gotta be an oval? I can change the size however I want, right? Maybe I can...

I squinted harder than usual, put my thumbs and index fingers together, and just started... Kinda wriggling 'em. And I though really hard about making the hole man shaped.

"Uh... W-What're you doing?" Zramazos asked. 

"Don't worry about it." I said.

Sis seemed to find the situation amusing.

After a little bit of work, much to my surprise, it actually kinda worked. I was able to make the hole roughly man-shaped. Looked kinda like those body sketches in crime shows. Now, it took a bit, but... Yeah, cool. Didn't know I could do that. Pretty sweet upgrade. 

Not sure what I'm gonna do with it, other than this, but...

Neat, I guess.

4