Chapter 158 – A lot of ellipsis between long time coworkers.
57 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I slammed my hands together. While I think my haste could be forgiven in this case, considering S literally projectile vomited blood, the fact that I did it right after I realized that it was a bad thing to do is pretty crummy. Now, I could wax poetic about it for a while in a silly long-winded monologue, but, since I already did that earlier, I will refrain from treading on old ground. I'll just skip right to the action.

I reached into my pockets and pulled out one of those shower-can thingies. Huh, looks like this is my last one. Well, maybe there's another one deep in there somewhere, but I ought to buy more of these either way. 

"You have a sister? That's surprising. How'd that happen?" Catface asked.

What? What could you possibly mean by that?

"Uh, y-yeah, uh, kinda-" I began as I sprayed the can around me. 

"What's- hey!"

I didn't really stick around for questions, as I put my hands together and created a hole in the floor, which brought me to the woodsy area where Sis was. After I dropped in, I made sure to bring over S's corpse, too. No sense leaving that behind, right?


"What's- hey! What the heck are you- aaaaand he's gone" The cat faced individual said to themself. "Man, why's that guy always gotta leave the show before it finishes? Ah well, 'least he's close this time."

"The hell does he do that?" Knives asked himself as he watched the boy disappear into thin air for the third time now. 

"Anyways! I got places to be." Announced the cat faced individual, as they began to rise off the ground and into the air.

"What in the-"

"Au revoir!" The cat faced individual said as they began flying up out of the arena, deftly maneuvering into the staircase entrance and out of sight. "And sorry for using you guys as props! Was pretty fun though!"

And they were gone.

The stone prison around Knives fell soon after the cat faced individual left the room. Despite that, he found himself standing still in a stunned silence. A lot of strange things happened rather quickly; he needed a moment to make sense of it all. 

"The heck is an oliveare?" Pinkie asked aloud.

. . .

"Not sure." Knives said.

"I guess they were talking fast, maybe they just jumbled their words?"

"Maybe so."

. . .

"So... Is this it? What the hell are we supposed to do next?" Pinkie asked.

"I... I don't know. I... Really don't..."

"Huh."

. . .

"Say, Pinkie..." Knives began. "I know I really shouldn't ask you this, but... I gotta know. Do you believe them? Do you think he's, y'know..."

. . .

"Yeah. I do." Pinkie said. "And I don't want to let myself think otherwise."

Knives nodded. "I underst-... No. I don't."

. . .

"What do you think?" Pinkie asked. "You spoke in a lot of hypotheticals, but the way that conversation was flowing, it was kinda hard to tell."

. . .

"Do you think Noble was telling the truth?" Knives said. "Think he believed a word of what he said?"

"... Those are two very different things, aren't they? Especially with that guy."

"True enough."

"Come to think of it, he's the reason we started using these silly code names, isn't he?" 

"Yep. Rat bastard wouldn't tell us a thing about him. Especially not his name. Eventually we decided if we were gonna have to call him somethin' stupid, we may as well just call everyone somethin' stupid." Knives said with a chuckle. 

"Uhuh! I swear, that guy had more names and backstories than the, uh, a-amount of times most dudes j-jerk off in their lives!"

"True enough." Knives said, utterly unfazed. "Ya know, now that it's over, I can't help but wonder if any on 'em were the real one. Just sprinkled in there, like all the rest." 

"Certainly seems like something he'd do. I wonder if anyone knows? I wonder if he knows?" Pinkie said with a laugh, though she did seriously consider the possibility. "Come to think of it, he seems like the kinda guy who'd kill anybody who did find anything out."

"Heh. Maybe so. Though, I'm sure somebody knows. Someone way up there. 'Least, someone up there thinks they do."

Pinkie laughed.

Knives laughed.

. . .

. . .

"So... This is it." 

"This is it." 

. . .

. . .

. . .

"What're you doin' after this, Pinkie?"

"Me? Well... I think I'm just gonna do whatever for a while. I've always wanted to travel. Think I'm gonna take some time to think about things. Or maybe I'll just try to stop thinking. I guess I'll think about it."

"You gonna keep stealin' everything that ain't nailed down?"

Pinkie shrugged. "Guess I'll think about it. What about you?"

"I'm thinkin' I'm gonna look for 'im."

"Think you'll find him?"

Knives shrugged.

"Do you even know how you'll go about it? Where even to start?"

"Nope. Not a clue." 

. . .

"How 'bout the last place where you're sure we saw him? Y'know, him him, not whoever the heck that was." Pinkie suggested. 

"That ain't bad. Think we was getting the hell outa Starsford, right? I know he sent me here to see whatever, so he might've been close, but I know he prolly moved while I was here, and however long I was out after I met that... Boy."

"Both true. I think. 'Least while you were unconscious. I was also out during that first bit." 

"On top of that, we moved plenty afterward, too, and I got no way of knowin' when exactly that cat kid replaced 'im. So... He could be anywhere between here and Starsford."

"So... half the country?"

"Yep."

"Welp, good luck with that."

"You too. You'll need it just as much as me."

"True enough."

Thus, the pair sat in silence for a while, thinking about what is, what was, and what is to be.

And then they heard a giant explosion. 

2