Chapter 188.5 – Flight
63 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The cat faced one, effortlessly carrying the girl on their back, shot off into the sky as soon as they left the arena. They didn't pay any mind to witnesses or passerby, their only objective being getting to Starsford as fast as possible. After a mere moment, they were in the clouds, and it wouldn't be long until they arrived.

The cat faced one could feel the girl's heavy breath on their back as they flew. After a short while, they could also feel moisture build up on their shoulders.

They said nothing, and kept their eyes forward.

Until they felt the snot dripping down their back and realized they were gonna have to change costumes once they got back home.

They sighed as they realize they were gonna have to slow down a bit.

"He'll be alright." They said. 

"W-wha?" The girl said with a sniffle.

"I said he'll be fine. He's safe."

"That's not... It's... H-how do you know?"

"Because I do. He's safe." The cat faced one reiterated. 

. . .

"Breeze up here feels good, doesn't it?" Spoke the cat faced one.

. . .

The breeze really did feel nice.

. . .

"I-I-If you hur-" The girl began.

"Don't worry pumpkin, I won't." Quickly spoke the cat faced one, having seen that phrase coming from a mile away.

". . . Then... W-when?"

"Huh?"

"You s-said you want to... But you keep not doing it. W-why?" 

The cat faced one laughed, briefly. "Because I'm a bad person." They stated.

"Wha?"

"I'm selfish. I don't want him to just run away. I want to have most fun possible. Ideally, I want him to want to kill me. But, I'd be willing to settle for maiming. It wont happen today, it wont happen tomorrow, and it might not happen anytime soon, but it'll happen. And it'll happen a lot."

The girl said nothing for a while as they processed this. 

"Isn't... This counter productive?" The girl said, as the cat faced one noted that their voice was getting progressively more stable. That was good. 

"Think so?" Was all they said in response.

. . .

Soon enough, they began their decent to Starsford, and the cat faced one cleared their throat. 

0