Chapter 203 – Broken title name convention. Crusaders.
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oi, Hook." Parrot began in a low monotone as he wiped a bit of loose cream cheese from breakfast off of his beard. "Little girl with a fishing rod approaching. Weird."

"I concur." Hook said in a similar tone as he stopped the horse and kept a close eye on the rapidly approaching fishing rod child.

"Surrendering?" Parrot said with a muffled voice as he lapped the old cream cheese off his hand.

"Hard to say. I certainly don't want to say that I feel threatened, but I also really don't like that look in her eyes. And she just muttered something about a 'perspective change,' which is confusing."

"Confusing indeed." 

"I concur. Think I should run her over?" 

"Could break something. Let's just violently take her stuff. We are land pirates after all."

"I concur. Ah, 'tis a morally dubious life." Hook said with a satisfied smile. 

"Tis a morally dubious life indee- AUGH-" Parrot found his self satisfied musings interrupted by a sudden significant blunt force blow to the back of the head and the muffled sound of metal clanging. "FFFFFFFFOW-" He shouted, understandably dropping the monotone and clutching the back of his head.

"Ah." Hook exclaimed in surprise. "What was that?"

"Appears that something heavy struck the back of my head somehow." Parrot explained, swiftly regaining composure and getting back in character. He was certainly hurt, but he'd suffered far worse.

"Ah. Might that be what that clanging sound was?"

"Unsure. Quite creepy- OUGH-" And then it happened again.

"I must say, I really don't like how that girl is looking at us." 

"Is now really the time to be concerned with- EUF-" 

"Ooh, that one was had several different letters." Said the rapidly approaching fishing rod child. 

"What is she talking about?" Hook asked. "Also, did that thing happen again? I didn't hear the sound this time." 

"No, actually. Seems that I was only lightly shoved. Barely moved. Mostly just surprised."

"Oh. Well, that's goo-"

"Still, rather unsettling, I distinctly felt hands on my side. Let us circle back to the boss, I am quite creeped out by this." 

"I concur. I really don't want to get within that girls range- Oh no, she's starting to swing the fishing rod. That's probably not-"

"Just start moving the horse, dumbass." Parrot said with an uncharacteristic amount spice in his monotone. He would later apologize for this behavior as the two of them nursed their wounds together, blaming his outburst on the fact that he had recently suffered repeated blunt trauma to the head and was coursing with adrenaline and, naturally, a splitting headache. But that's not really all that important.

"Capital idea."

Unfortunately, due to their bumbling, the girl was already mostly done with her swing. Or cast, I suppose. It is a fishing rod, after all.

In a matter of moments, the hook soared through the air, and as it descended, just before it hit the ground, the girl swung her arms once again, and the line wrapped itself around the horses hind leg. The creature let a brief huff of pain as the hook sunk deeper into its flesh.

Unfortunately for the girl, she vastly underestimated how strong horses are, and as she pulled back on the rod in an attempt to fell the beast, only fell flat on her face herself and found herself being dragged along the ground by the horse.

The two scoundrels on horseback chuckled at this in a morally dubious way. 

"Wh-why is the fishing rod not broken?" Hook said, his laughter growing slightly uneasy, turning instead of keeping his eyes up front. Which was morally dubious indeed.

"S-sis." Shouted an unfamiliar voice that was seemingly coming from the girl, though it was obvious that she wasn't the one making the noise. The laughter grew uneasier still. "A-are you ok-"

"Obviously." The girl interrupted this mysterious voice with her own ominous laughter, looking unamused as she pushed herself up from the ground and started running and jumping along, practically flying with the horse as it dragged her across the large, open field beside the road. 

The boys weren't laughing any more, as they found this to be downright terrifying. They attempted to speed up their horse, though, ultimately, their efforts proved fruitless. 

"Wh-why'd you have to go after the horse? It didn't do anything wr-" 

"It's just a horse. Who cares?" 

"It's the principal. Oh, and your dress is all-"

"I don't care." The girl said with a hop, skip, and a flying leap as she soared through the air, her free shoulder aimed squarely at Parrot's back. 

This was, obviously, quite terrifying for both of the men on horseback, but they took some solace in the fact that since she was coming from behind, the damage they'd collectively receive was limited. And, surely, the two of them thought, the girl would be in far more pain then they would. Surely.

And then, suddenly, the girl disappeared.

As if a hole in reality had opened up in front of her and swallowed her whole. 

Only to spit her out right beside them.

"Fall off your horse." The girl said with a maintained ominous laughter.

And so it was. Collision.

In an instant, the boys found themselves plummeting towards the ground. 

At the speed they were going, this was gonna be one hell of a fall. Though, since they were landing on the soft grass, they thought, there was a good chance they'd get off with minimal injuries. They weren't sure what exactly was attacking them, but, if they were lucky, they might be able to run away without further conflict.

Unfortunately,

they didn't meet earth, nor any soft green grass.

Somehow, by some hopelessly cruel twist of fate, they collided with the cold, hard wooden floor of their cart. 

And it hurt. Far, far worse.


Ah, there we go. I saved them the trouble of having to keep fighting us with their injuries. I know they attacked us first, but I didn't want to have to hurt an already injured dude. I'd have felt terrible.

Alright, moving on to something more important, let's get Sis back in here so we can get her cleaned up. Think I still got those shower can thingies somewhere around here... 

. . .

I wonder how S's thing went?

0