Chapter 212 – Waow! How adOOOOOOrable!
53 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With that, we said our goodnights headed to our rooms, closest to the stairs with S's just across from ours.

I wasn't as tired as I was earlier, but I still wanted to get to sleep quickly so I could wake up early and make sure everyone's outfits were perfect and clean and such. The actual event was tomorrow, after all.

"Sorry this room's so small." I said to Sis as I got under the covers of the surprisingly uncomfortable bed. 

"I don't care." She said with a shrug.

"You can sit on the bed if you want." I said, feeling kinda bad 'cus the room was pretty cramped. "Though, I guess you probably won't be in here too long." I imagine she'll be heading on out when the lady downstairs leaves for the night.

". . . I'll pass."

"Okay." I concluded with a yawn. I kinda felt like I should say 'goodnight', but we already did that in the hall outside. So instead I just quietly got comfortable in my little bed and listened the increasingly heavy thumping of rain.  

It was getting pretty loud at this point. I'm not sure if it was just 'cus of the material of the building or something, but it was louder than any other storm I could remember. Though, for some reason, thinkin' about other storms is a little... Fuzzy. Except that one from when we did the thing with the spikehorse. Weird.

Anyways, on one hand, all this noise meant that it might make it harder to sleep. On the other hand, this meant that a storm was basically on for sure. Which meant that something good might happen. 

I was incredibly excited. The timing wasn't great, but the atmosphere was absolutely perfect. This place was already dark and creepy, and really far away from anything familiar. Which meant that if one was afraid of storms, they'd be utterly and inconsolably terrified.

WHICH WOULD BE ADORABLE!

This is literally the peak cartoon cliché waiting to happen! An ordinarily tough or strong willed character is horrified by a storm, meaning they have to be comforted by they other character(s) they're normally stronger than, creating a wonderfully adorable role reversal and bonding experience! Especially if they're embarrassed about it while still clinging super hard! That's the best!

What's really great is that BOTH of my travelling friends are very much tough and strong willed, meaning the chances of this happening are MUCH higher!

Of course, there's a possibility that neither of them care and I'm just getting excited over nothing, and that even if something like that does happen, it probably wouldn't be anywhere near as fun as I want it to be, but pessimism never got anyone anywhere, dangit! 

I'd much rather be thinking about who it might be.

Obviously, it'd be very adorable if it were Sis, who normally doesn't seem to be at all afraid of anything. Which is fair, because, y'know, immortality and all that. Maybe all the lightning and the thunder and stuff could spook her because she's never heard anything like that from "Up There?" I can see it now, she'd be acting as if everything's normal, like she's not scared at all, but every time there's a flash or a crash she jumps and runs up to beside you with a whimper, while still trying to act totally aloof and calm, maybe even weakly making fun of you for even insinuating the possibility that she's frightened. Adorable.

Then again, it'd be great if it were S, too. S doesn't seem to fear much of anything because, y'know, he's nuts. And tough as heck. His constant positivity is almost intoxicating, and he always seems to know what he wants to do and doesn't let anything stop him, whether it be man or nature itself or even basic logic. It'd be really exciting to see him all spooked. Maybe after the first crash you hear a yell, and the door would explode open and he'd get super embarrassed and say something like "c-c-c-can I stay in here for a bit? Please?" while shivering intensely, and he'd try to cover his ears and close his eye but it never works and he screams at every sound, and he's super apologetic and embarrassed about the whole thing- dawww!

Man, I'm getting excited just thinking about it! My heart's racing!

"What are you smiling about?" I could barely hear Sis say over the heavy rain.

"Oh, uh, n-nothing." I said. 

Aaaaaaaw man! I wonder who it'd be? I get the feeling the lightning bit's about to start soon, so I guess we'll find o-

*craBWOOOOOOMsh*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH FORGOT, IT'S M-

-

.- .-.. --- -. .


Beyes's upper half immediately sprung up in the bed as he screamed, which both sounded and looked quite odd considering his usual monotony and face.

"A-Are you okay?" The immortal exclaimed, her hands glowing as she leaned over the bed. Though, after a quick examination she came to the conclusion that there wasn't anything physically wrong with him, save for his breathing speeding up, and promptly calmed down.

"Oh. Just freaked out by the storm." She said as she stood straight up again. "So freaked out the friggin' perspective changed. What are you, a cat?"

Beyes continued sitting up, maintaining his speedy breathing pattern.

"Nothin'? Huh. Alright." The immortal said with a shrug.

"Wh... What..?" Beyes said, as he raised his right hand to his forehead. "Wha-"

And then came *BruBRUUUWOOM* following a white flash from the window. 

And then he screamed again, erratically slamming his hands against his ears and hunching over. It still sounded and looked really strange.

"Holy- A-are you alr- Oh yeah, it's just the thunder." The immortal began. "Man, you're really-" She began with a chuckle. 

Beyes did nothing, maintaining his position and breathing even faster.

Her laughter went from novel to nervous rather quickly, as she inspected his body in the darkness. She thought it looked kinda weird, but she couldn't quite place it.

The immortal placed her hand around his left arm, and gave it a quick little shake. 

Beyes didn't respond, evidently more keen on breathing and practicing his upward cinnamon roll impression. 

"Huhooooh... Oh shit." The immortal said as she looked up at him with wide eyes. Which was accompanied by a wonderfully dramatic flashing of white light and a 

*bwwrwrwBWWOOOOOMmmbm*

In the brief spat of light, the immortal got a clear view of the boy's face. It looked like he was standing beneath a raging waterfall, with streams pouring down his ever-frozen eyes and his cheeks, seemingly dragging all the blood away from his face with it. His breathing continued to get ever faster. And he gagged a lil' bit.

"OH SH-SHIT, HE- Y-YOU'RE HYPERVENTALATING." The immortal said, stating the obvious. Hey, callback!

Immediately, she leapt onto the bed in front of him as her hands began to glow like a bad Christmas decoration.

"SH-SHI- Wh-whwhado I heal?" She said as her arms began to shake like a cat left outside in the cold. Speaking of, as white light once again seeped into the room the boy started gagging once more and leaned over even further, as if he was spitting out a hairball. 

"A-a-are you still b-breathing? Wh-wha-" The immortal attempted to say, though it was a little hard to tell with the deafening noises all around and the rivers forming on her cheeks. "DAMNIT, HOW DO I HEAL THIS? WHY DIDN'T HE SAY ANYTHING?" She shouted to the world, trying to look Beyes in the eye in the darkness, though the darkness made it pretty hard to tell. "I-I CAN'T CURE FEAR!"

"DAMNIT! IT CAN'T HURT YOU!" She attempted to say to him.

Fruitlessly of course, as Beyes was, understandably, not really one for conversation at the moment.

"DAMNIT, WHAT DO I-"

Another flash*BwwawBWOOM* from outside. 

And the immortal once again got a glimpse of the boy's sorry mug as he screamed and he bawled and he heaved.

"DAMNIT- A-ARE Y-Y- CHOKING? WH-WHAT DO I-"

As ever, his face was as cold and unfeeling as the emptiness of s-

"H-h-how-wha- Bro- DAMNIT-" 

The immortal leapt, and wrapped her arms around the boy. 

"Damnit..." She whispered, weakly. "Please... Say something..."

He blinked.

"Wh..S-sis?" He began, through his weak and shallow breath, slowly moving his arms away from his ears "What's-"

Lightning and thunder struck again.

His hands hit his ears, and he started to scream and ache again.

"It's fine... It can't hurt you." The immortal said, with a slight whimper.

His gagging eased somewhat, despite his breath.

"I... I... I'm here." The immortal said.

The boy blinked heavily, and his breathing began to slow.

And things stayed like that for a time.

Lightning would strike, and thunder would sound.

And she would repeat herself.

Though it couldn't be seen, the boy's eyes began to focus out of dilation, as if coming out of a dream. 

"S...Sis?" He said again.

"I'm here." She returned.

And thunder crashed again.

"Sis..." He said. His eyes drawing in and out of focus.

"I'm here."

. . . 

"I... If..." 

And thunder crashed again.

His breathing was labored and heavy.

"If only you really... were my sister..."

. . .

. . .

Thunder.

He screamed, and his eyes seemed to remove themselves from reality entirely. Still, his breathing managed relative normalcy, and blood continued to flow back into his face.

"If only."

 

 

The deafening storm would continue for a while.

Eventually, the boy would rest. 


In case you were wondering, as soon as he realized the storm was coming faster and harder than he expected, S darted out of his room and walked the old lady back to her house. What a guy.

Todd, of course, didn't even realize there was a storm at all. 

 

1