Chapter 18: The Moira Witch
139 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Fenris heard me say I loved him, his eyes glossed a bit. He seemed like he wanted to say something to me once again, but did not. Instead, he bit his lip, glancing away from me before cursing under his breath. For a moment, I thought I had messed up. Bothered him with my feelings somehow.

Every fiber of my being told me to run away and hide, but against it all, I stood firm. Eventually, his eyes of conflict slowly turned into ones of determination. Pushing me down onto the bed, he tossed Shade, who had been in the middle of the bed, basking in its comfort. Luckily, she did not complain about this rough handling, heading to her tower instead.

For a moment, his amber orbs gazed at me, trying to say the words he wanted to convey to me.

"I... You..." Fenris bit his lip once again, not wanting to say it like this.

I reached to touch his warm cheek. I had not said it for him to struggle to answer me. He did not have to say anything if he was not ready. The last thing I wanted my feelings to do was put him on the spot. I just wanted him to be happy.

To smile for me... Eventually for me alone.

"You do not have to say anything. I... I know I don’t deserve... I..." I tried to stop myself from saying what I always resorted to.

In response, he sighed before kissing me again. That was not what he wanted to hear, either. Pulling away from the brief kiss, he undid the buttons of my dress.

"You understand nothing. But you will... soon... just give me more time. Meanwhile... I’ll make you mine, over and over, until you finally realize what you are to me. Without me having to say it so." Fenris murmured into my ear.

I simpered in return. Hearing him say that made my heartbeat rapidly too, but there was something he got wrong. Something I had to correct.

"I am already yours alone," I assured, triggering him to smile.

He seemed bewildered by my sudden openness. I was determined to change, to escape this cage I was in. I did not want him stuck in here with me, too. For that, I would have to learn to live. And for me... the only way to live was with him. I had nothing else but him, after all.

"Where are you getting this cheekiness from? Melody?" Fenris finally questioned, perplexed by my sudden change.

"Maybe... Is it bad?" I mumbled.

He peeled my dress off, leaving me only in my underwear. He had done this so many times before, but this time... I felt more exposed than the last time we made love. Tracing his fingers on my bare skin, he chuckled a bit. He closed his eyes before slowly opening them, meeting my alluring gaze.

"Bad? No... I am just remembering that time you got angry at me for letting you win. I want you to be like that. Be more honest and happier." Fenris simpered, remembering a happier time.

Seeing him smile was everything I wanted to. Perhaps I had a chunk of this wolf's heart.

"I see." I smiled back.

My expression triggered him to grab onto me, kissing me lightly on my lips before going down to my neck, coming to a stop. His fingers traced my chest to my navel, pondering something. Though his touch left me quivering in anticipation.

"Hey, you know... you are beautiful, right?" Fenris suddenly declared in a gentle tone.

I did not know what eyes he looked at me with, but they were not normal. My body was unattractive to anyone else. His words warmed my heart.

"I... only to you," I whispered without realizing it.

In response to my out-loud thought, Fenris grabbed onto my hand, placing it on his groin area. There was something hard in his pants. His...

"You’re the only one who can make me like this. Not Layla, or anyone else, can get me to feel this way." Fenris declared, triggering my cheeks to turn into different shades of pink.

Flustered by his words, I tried to pull away, but he did not let me escape. His words and actions were stirring me up to no end, too. Upon seeing my reaction to his confession, he chuckled before sweetly blowing on my ear, making me shiver a bit.

"Fenris, wait," I called out to him, wanting mercy.

He huffed up a bit in response. My heart could not take much more of him right at this moment. It felt like it was going to explode. If this continued…

"Why are you being like this? You already did so many things to it a few days ago. And now you are shy from just touching it through my pants?" Fenris purred before kissing me once again.

Letting go of my captured hand, he placed his on the back of my head to secure the kiss so I could not pull away. Not that I wanted to. Returning the kiss, I hesitantly stroked him through his pants, causing him to release a slight moan. He thought I would retreat away from him after my previous reaction.

Separating from me, he licked his lips before unbuckling his belt. I continued to touch him. The hunger in his eyes was alluring to me. I was about to be eaten once again by the big bad wolf that towered over me, but before I could touch him any further. From the corner of my eyes, I noticed the bags that he and Liam have brought in.

If it were food in them, they would spoil if not stored correctly.

"Fenris... The bags..." I pointed towards them, trying to remind him they were still there.

Even though I did not know what they held within their confines. Following my gaze, Fenris rolled his eyes, annoyed by the interruption. A sigh soon left his lips, too.

"Shit... Do you think the ice cream will melt if I make love to you first?" he pondered, triggering me to pinch his cheek.

A slight groan came from him, wincing in pain. It probably had melted somewhat already. Food... was something not to be forgotten or wasted.

"Put it away. Do not waste food!" I scolded, not being happy about the thought.

It instigated a light growl to come from his lips before he sighed again. He was not happy about me stopping our time together for food. In his mind, he could just go buy it again if needed.

"Fine... But after I’ll make you senseless." Fenris teased, licking my lips.

I pulled him into a light kiss, much to his surprise. That was something I would not mind at all. In fact, I welcomed it.

"Promise?" I whispered, hoping he would keep his word.

My wolf smiled, assuring me of that fact by pulling me into another kiss. After I dressed, I went to help him put the items away. Apparently, me dressing myself to do so was much to his disappointment. He would have rather me help him with little clothes as possible. My mind could not comprehend how he saw me as attractive compared to the other ladies in his life.

Layla, Kira, Melody, and even Cora were all beautiful women compared to me. My body could not be set against them. Even if it did... I was a witch. One that loved him with all her heart. Because of this alone, the Lycan elders would not accept our relationship.

Our room was small, but it came with everything needed for us to live here. There was a small stove, microwave, storage, fridge, and a bathroom within the confines of this room. The wolves had devoured everything when they were here, though.

After we put away everything, Fenris made do on his word. He dragged me back onto the bed, where he made love to me repeatedly until I could not think of anything else but him. The next morning when I woke up, he was still on the bed asleep. Kissing him lightly on his cheek, I went to stand up, only to be pulled into the bed once again.

"Where are you going?" Fenris mumbled into my ear.

I lightly kissed him again, this time on his lips.

"I’m going to the library. There is something I want to look up." I informed.

My beloved wolf seemed disappointed to hear that. If it were up to him, I would stay with him on the bed all day and night.

"Why not stay here with me?" Fenris asked, tracing his fingers down my curves to tempt me back into his arms.

It would have been a hard urge to ignore, if... Sadly, much to the detriment of quenching my desire for him, I had more pressing matters. If I ever wanted to understand that dream that haunted me every night, it would be something that I had to research. Being in the room with my beloved would not help me save my light.

"Because I can’t be productive if I stay here." I pointed out.

My words triggered his tail to wag, enjoying the challenge that I was posing. It was cute.

No... don’t sink in again. Be strong, Lilith.

I had to be strong, but he was just... too much to resist.

Why were Lycan ears and tail like fluffy clouds?!?

"Is that so bad?" Fenris teased.

Using the opportunity, I was gazing at him to grab my hand, placing it on his chest before trailing it down to his abdomen and into his... The warmth his skin gave me could last me a lifetime.

"Yes!" I squealed a bit.

In response, he laughed, enjoying my reactions to his playful attempt to get me back into the bed.

"Fine. I’ll go with you then, Lily." Fenris announced.

I tried to hide my displeasure. It was not ideal to have him tag along, but I would have to make do. If I rejected him flat out, it would have made him suspicious. The reason I wanted to go to the library was to research Lycans and what the red moon meant to them. Witches and warlocks... would know at least something.

If not, perhaps another book from the library could have more information on it. Even though it was mostly grimoires, it also held research about everything in the world. I also wanted to see if I could get Melody alone once again, to ask her about what she knew about the moon festival.

However, under Fenris's watchful eyes, I could not do that to the extent I wanted to. I did not need him to worry or think about anything else.

"I can go to the library by myself," I mumbled, trying to keep it as usual as possible.

In return, he licked my cheek, causing me to flush pink. He was such an unpredictable wolf.

"I won’t bother you," Fenris reassured, even though that was not what worried me.

I knew he would wait for me for as long as I needed it. I did not want him to know what I was going to do behind his back. But I guess the best way to hide things was to be open about them.

"Fine..." I grumbled, not too happy about Fenris coming along, yet I could not tell him why he could not come either.

It was a losing situation no matter what I tried. Giving up on the thought of him staying behind, I went to take a shower, only to be joined by him not too long into it. Not that it bothered me. I always welcomed his touch. After a steamy shower, we got ready to go.

On our way out, though, Fenris picked up his phone from the table next to my bed, only to be alarmed at how many times Liam had called him. Taking the opportunity, I headed out ahead when my wolf called Liam back to see what had happened. It was sneaky of me, but I had to do it.

If I wanted to protect my light... from that weird dream that left me chilled, I had to change. I could not depend on him or anyone else to find out what I needed to know. Little did I know... hours after I had lived instead of waiting for death, that my resolve was about to be tested.

Walking down the hall, I could feel more glances than usual on me. Comments surrounded me as I tried to ignore them as best I could.

“Is that her?”

“Oh god... It’s her.”

“Shameful little thing.”

“Can't believe she can just walk around here like it is nothing.”

The gossip piled up when Fenris yelled my name from behind me. In his voice, there was pure desperation as someone finally commented on something that made everything so clear.

“She is a Moira witch, careful with what you say.”

Ah... This will complicate things.

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath. When Fenris reached me, he grabbed me by my shoulder. His hands were trembling. The news that Liam had told him had frightened him.

"Lilith, we have to go," Fenris growled, glancing at his surroundings.

Something caught Shade's eyes beside us.

'Lily, look,' Shade pawed at my cheek, wanting me to look at the billboard next to us.

Fenris tried to pull me away before I could look, but it was not fast enough. On the board was an alarming article, published by a news company in Silverant, plastered on it. They wrote the headline in bold letters.

'There is a Moira Witch in Cerberus Custody And No One Was Told!!'

Below was the sentence that followed that headline was 'What happened to the justice for all those who died?!?'

Even without fully reading the article, I could see it was a hit piece on me for being associated with the sisters of Moira. Fenris did not let me stay a moment more, dragging me back inside the room. He seemed furious at the whole situation. Liam promptly arrived with a paper in his hands moments later.

It was the same article plastered all over the boards in the building. Not only that, but it seemed they had spread it all over town and on blogs in the computerized applications. It was everywhere. Upon reading the article, Fenris's rage seemed to hit a boiling point. His eyes glowed brightly, scaring Liam, who seemed to be the bearer of bad news.

Without a warning, Fenris ordered the brown wolf to stay with me while he went to see Ryker, but before he could leave. A knock came from the door. It was Melody, who had come running, worried once she saw the article about me during her break. After Melody came in, Fenris left to confront Ryker about what had happened.

Once Fenris was gone, I turned to Liam, who seemed troubled by the entire event. Melody ran to me and hugged me tightly. However, I could not respond to her embrace. My mind had turned into a storm, wondering what else they wrote in those pages.

I did not own a phone, so I had no way of seeing the article unless Liam handed me the papers or a phone. Luckily, in anger, Fenris had returned the paper to the brown wolf before storming out. I had to see them. I had to know what they wrote there.

"Liam... May I see it?" I asked Liam.

He instantly hesitated to give them to me.

"I don’t think that is a good idea, Lilith." The cautious wolf argued, not wanting to upset me, but I already was.

The article would not make me explode. At least I thought… I just needed to see what they had written and if my name was on it. If it was, then Stella...

"Lilith... It’s just a one-sided hit piece. It’s trash." Melody tried to convince me not to look at it.

But I did not care. I wanted to know. Eventually, I would know either way.

"If it is about me. I need to know. Please." I begged Liam, not wanting to take it by force, but I would if I had to.

For a moment, he glanced away from me, only to sigh before handing them to me. I thanked him only for him to avoid my gaze. Was it that bad? Melody sat beside me as Liam stood by us when I read the article written about me. They based it on files that were dropped by the news company on what had happened, leaving out crucial details.

It made me seem like I wanted to be a terrorist and willingly gave my body and life to their cause. It stated everything that had been done to me by the sisters. But instead of the batter of a child, I was back then; they said the sisters had brainwashed me. That I had willingly allowed them to do all the things they had done.

The article called for justice even if I was just a child when it happened since I had helped bring the end of Silverant. It named me a murderer and monster, just like every other Moira witch. It informed the world that the nether portal was opened because of these bodily sacrifices made by me.

Thus, I was responsible for everything, even though I was just ten. At least it did not call me the vessel of the gate. Instead, it said Ben Silver Fang had saved them all when he captured me. That did not shake me much, even though it was full of misinformation, but as I continued to read... I saw something written there that sent shivers down my spine.

The writer never named the child until the end.

'The witch's name is Lilith, granddaughter of the head of Moira, Stella.'

The moment I saw my name in there, all I could feel was dread. If this were spread everywhere, like Liam had said, then... Stella would know I survived the sacrifice. If she knew, I lived. She would let nothing stop her until I was in her hands once again.

Last time... she killed Fenris's family. My dream replayed in my mind as I crushed the papers in my hands. Would she kill Fenris this time? Standing up from my bed, Liam and Melody both followed me as I headed towards the window, before Melody quickly grabbed me by my waist, preventing me from reaching it.

"You can’t!" Melody tried to persuade me.

I glanced at her, bewildered by her words. Did she think I was going to commit suicide?

"What?" I muttered, utterly baffled.

Her hands trembled. She was terrified of something happening to me. It somewhat warmed my heart.

"There is so much to live for!" She continued.

Ah... She misunderstood.

"Melody..." I tried to explain to her what I wanted to do, but instead of letting me speak, she grabbed onto me tighter.

Any more and she would have merged into me.

"There is!" Melody continued to hold on to me as I lost it.

I could not handle her anymore. She was just something else.

How can she care for me so much? Silly girl.

"I was not going to jump off." I laughed, unable to understand her.

Why did she always have to be so robust and random? How could she think I would kill myself and damn everything around me? I would never do that while Fenris was alive.

"What?!?!" she spluttered, surprised by my sudden burst of laughter.

Liam chuckled on the side, sitting on Fenris's bed.

"I won’t kill myself because of this." I chuckled, unable to stop myself.

Her reactions were tickling me too much.

"But you were going for the window," Melody asked me, puzzled by the situation she had brought up.

"Yeah... I just wanted some fresh air." I assured her.

She slowly released her grip on me.

"Oh..." she mumbled, embarrassed by what she had done, glancing towards Liam who just smiled at her.

He was enjoying the moment as much as I was. In response, she melted right where she stood. Stepping away from her, I headed back to the window before opening it. Melody's randomness lifted some of the desperation that had been swelling within me.

She prevented me from going into a spiral of chaotic emotions. I did not know if I would have come back from that. Glancing towards the crumpled paper in my hands, I sighed, throwing it out of the window. Somewhere out there, Stella was waiting in the shadows. And it would be a matter of time until she knew I was alive.

The explosions and purple liquid that made Lycans go mad. Were the Moira sisters behind those as well? If they were. I would stop them and cease everything they had planned. I needed to find out what it was. All I required was to steady my heart and fight, no matter what the cost.

The clogs had moved, and I had to do everything to stop my dream from becoming a reality. Even if it meant turning into what society saw me as.

Perhaps I was never meant to be a force of good.

 

5