Chapter 21: No turning back… It begins…
100 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day was nerve-racking, waiting for Melody to come with the supplies. All while Fenris never left my side. Ever since he woke up, he had not let me out of under him. It was almost overwhelming. It felt he was holding me like it was the last time he could.

Something must have happened when he was out the day before, and he was again hiding it from me. Although I did not mind his touch, all I could do was worry about what was to come. It meant I was not really enjoying him like I would have liked. Part of me wanted to forget what was coming, but I could not truly accomplish it.

Even if it was to enjoy the moments when we made love. Everything I was about to do or that was about to happen kept playing at the back of my mind. It was eroding my senses, leaving me only with the fear of losing what I held dear.

When Melody finally knocked on the door, Fenris's mood quickly soured. He was unhappy about the interruption. It seemed he planned for us to be alone for the rest of the day. However, with the slight interruption, I tried to stand up from the bed, but my legs seemed to fail me.

It caused me to fall straight into Fenris's arms. A chuckle raised from his lips, releasing me onto the bed. I could not help but pout at his enjoyment of my current predicament. After all, he caused it. However, my expression simply slipped by when he patted my head, smiling at me gently.

"Stay here. I’ll tell her you aren’t feeling well." Fenris simpered, feeling accomplished by what he had done.

I growled in return.

"But I-" I tried speaking up but instead of letting me speak my mind.

Fenris came down towards me, softly kissing my lips, pushing me down onto the pillows behind me. There he traveled to my ear, triggering a shiver to run through me.

"Listen, today I’ll have you all to myself. Nothing else matters." Fenris purred into my ear, swiftly silencing any protest I might have had.

The tone of voice he used when he spoke worried me about what he meant. After all, he had never said something like that to me before this. Before he opened the door, he clothed himself. I could not help but bury myself on the bed and under the covers.

Once covered from head to toe, Fenris opened the door to reveal Melody, patiently waiting. She stood there in silence, intimidated by his presence. Although I could not see her face, the atmosphere felt heavier than usual. She had always respected Fenris. But was firm when confronting him, too.

Something was off about her. Before he could ask her why she was here, she swiftly handed him the bag of the things she had gathered for me.

"This is for Lilith!" Melody announced, jolting off.

The sudden of it all, cause me to poke my head out of the covers. She seemed extra jumpy and aware of her surroundings than the day before, too. I mean, Fenris did not seem pleased by her interruption, but he was not rude to her when he answered the door.

He had not even said a word to her before she abruptly left. The previous night, she had left with Liam.

Has something happened between them?

Part of me wanted to run after her, find out what was wrong, but my legs or Fenris would not allow it. Out in the halls was dangerous for me since the person who stole the files and made them public was still unknown. Confused by the entire event, Fenris closed the door, placing the bag next to my bed.

Covering myself with the thin sheets, I glanced at him. He seemed utterly bewildered by Melody's demeanor, too.

"I thought she was going to nag at me for making her wait not to cry," Fenris noted, shaking his head.

I fought the urge that came through me to go find her when he said that. She had always been wary of Fenris, but never to that extent. Had Liam said something to her? Or someone else? My wolf, though, did not give me a chance to think of it much. He shrugged in return.

"No matter. I won’t allow it to affect today's outcome." He commented, peeling off all his clothes.

Watching them hit the floor caused my cheeks to burn. Though, when he climbed into the bed with me once again. The moment he connected with me again, he did not let me think about anything else.

No, he filled all of me with himself. Even when my consciousness waned, he did not let me rest or think of anything else but him. For the entire day, I felt my body grow overly sensitive to his touch.

The only times he let me be was when I had to relieve myself or eat. Otherwise, he filled me up with himself until I was over the edge. I never lost consciousness, even though I was close. He made sure that I would remember every hour I spent with him, giving me just enough room to breathe.

By the time the moon was out, Fenris helped me into the shower, where he continued to make love to me. The hot water splashing over us did not help me keep a leveled head. I was utterly addicted to him, to where, when I was with him, nothing else mattered. Perhaps it was my current mental state, but all my worries from before vanished.

All that mattered to me was if he felt the same. His eyes were full of desire for me, even though he had me in his arms. I had lost count of how many times I had told him I loved him, but every time it escaped my lips, he would kiss me profusely. It was almost as if he wanted to rob me of my breath, leaving me light-headed.

He thrust deeper into me, marking even my deepest realms with his warmth. I had never felt him like this before. Sometimes we would do it for the entire day but never this feverously. Though, it reminded me of nights with a full moon.

Maybe this happened because I told Fenris about my feelings. Perhaps he felt the same. Could I believe I was more than just his duty? When I finally found my release inside the bathroom, I could feel my consciousness waver.

My wolf grabbed onto me to prevent me from falling into the tub below. Worried, he pinned me against the wall, grabbing my face with his hand, forcing my dazed gaze into his.

"Hey... are you okay?" he panted for air.

He licked my lips lightly, grinding himself inside of me. A whine escaped my lips instead of an answer, placing my hands on his chest. I could barely keep my mind straight, but the heat was getting to be too much for me.

"It’s... hot," I mumbled, energy waning.

I had never felt this tired before.

"Okay... hold on to me as hard as you can," Fenris whispered into my ear.

I clung to him on command. My arms and legs trembled, though. I could barely feel them anymore. It was almost as if my body was not mine anymore. Turning off the water, Fenris took me out of the bathroom and onto the bed once again. The chilly breeze from the night quickly cooled me off.

On the other hand, the heat from Fenris warmed me right back up. With little thought, he thrust himself inside of me once again, causing me to lose myself again. My voice was hoarse and raspy. I felt like I was floating in the air, unable to tell what was real anymore.

I tried to clasp onto the sheets only for Fenris's hands to find mine, intertwining with them. Each thrust felt like it was pushing towards the edge I was about to fall from, but his hands kept me anchored to him and this reality.

Even though his mouth robbed me of every breath I could take, I never felt more alive. His desire for me made me feel invincible, even when the slight aches in my body tried to twist me back from the high I was on. Even though with each climax I felt numb, I was consumed with pleasure soon after.

Fenris was my anchor to this world, that much I knew. Even though my voice did not sound like my own anymore, he enjoyed it. I had never felt more his than that day. He had never filled me so much before. Everywhere he touched felt raw and ready for more, even if my body could barely keep up.

Fenris's eyes had been shining since we had begun, but seemed more visible at night with the lights turned off. His wet hair trickled down onto my skin, leaving a trail of cold where it was once hot. It had always surprised me how gentle Fenris was with me, even though he had the strength to snap me like a twig if he wanted.

Every time he held me, I had no bruises or any type of pain after my nights with him. Well, other than the playful kiss marks he left on me. The worse I ever I felt after being with Fenris was sore. But after a workout, anyone would feel like that. It truly amazed me how gently he always treated me. My heart ached because of it.

Part of me wondered if I ever satisfied him. After all, if I were a Lycan like him, he would not have to hold back for my sake. Perhaps it was the exhaustion taking hold, or something else, but my insecurities grew until a boiling point.

"Fenris..." I panted for air, clasping his hands tightly in mine.

In response to hearing his name, he kissed me, leaving me breathless yet again. My head felt like it was spinning out of control while our tongues intertwined. Yet I somehow found it within myself to lift my body lightly, kissing him back. I softly nibbled on his lower lip, causing him to pull away from me slightly.

Am I good enough? Is this okay for him?

Somewhat avoiding his gaze, I struggled to sit up. The feeling of him still in me was a bit overwhelming.

"Am I enough?" I mumbled, trying to catch any air that came my way.

My gaze traveled away from him, only for him to grab my chin, pulling it towards him. He seemed confused and alarmed by my question.

"What do you mean by that, Lilith?" Fenris asked, out of breath as well, bewildered by my question.

Especially after all we had been doing all day today. A normal person would have taken it as if I were enough, but was I? Did he want me as I did? Did he love me? I wanted to know. No… I needed to know. Was I his duty or... something else?

"Is this enough?" I asked, firmer, placing my hand on his warm cheek.

"Of course, why would you think you aren’t?" Fenris questioned.

In a couple of weeks, they would force him to marry Layla, and I could not have her take him away from me. If that were to happen... I would...

"But... you hold back with me, don't you? Wouldn't it be better with another of your kin?" He did not let me finish.

Instead, he suddenly thrust himself within me, closing the gap that he had created when I bit his lip. I could only yelp, noticing his eye glow brighter.

"Where are you getting these ideas from? I’m only with you, Lily.” He growled, pushing within me again.

Another whine left me.

“I’m a little too rough with you sometimes." My wolf reassured, kissing me deeply once again, before moving once again at a steady pace.

The moment he pulled away from my lips, I finally broke.

"Liar!" I mewled loudly.

He let little space in between his thrust to let me speak though.

"That’s because... you’re used to it, silly girl." He huffed.

But I was having none of it. I did not know what came over me, but I wanted a better answer.

"I don’t believe you," I rumbled, trying to keep my mind in one place only for Fenris to fill me up with himself.

Making sure my sight was back on him, he forced me to face him while he made love to me by placing his hand behind my head. It was almost as if he tried to engrave his expressions into my mind.

My wolf's face was full of pleasure, causing me almost to freeze on the spot. Usually, he would let me glance at wherever I wanted usually. But with his hand on my head, he firmly fixated my gaze on him.

There, I saw where we were connected. Even though the lights were off, my eyes had adjusted to the dim light. He pushed himself into me repeatedly.

"I’m utterly addicted to you, Lily," Fenris assured in a raspy voice, not stopping for a moment.

Seeing him like this, it was almost as if something within me broke wide open. I kissed him, not being able to hold myself back anymore. Separating from him for a breath of air, Fenris took the chance to continue making love to me.

"I love you!" I whined.

My confession triggered him to kiss me again lightly before licking his lips.

"Hah... I molded you to my liking. Even your..." Fenris smirked, placing his hand on my abdomen.

Before he kissed me deeper than previously. My wolf pushed into me, filling me up once again with his seeds. For a moment I could see a hint of sadness as Fenris gazed at me, still connected to me.

"You’re mine, right?" he whispered, seemly sad by what was going through his head.

Was he thinking about the festival and everything that came after it? Would it change everything for me and him? Questions bombarded me too. I grabbed onto his cheeks, kissing him. He responded by deepening it before continuing. Throughout the night, he made love to me until the early hours of the morning. At that point, my desire to be with him no longer could keep up with my body.

The next morning, I woke up to a loud knock. Shade cursed under her breath from her tower, annoyed at the sudden interruption in her slumber. Fenris was still in bed with me, much to my surprise. It seemed he was watching me sleep before whoever came knocking. He was already dressed and ready to go.

Much to my surprise, so was I. And I was not on my bed, but his. He had changed the bedding of mine all while I was asleep. Before I could ask where he was going, he grabbed onto my chin, pulling me into a kiss.

"Be a good girl and stay in here, okay? Melody will be here, and Liam will check up on you if you need anything. I have to be elsewhere today." Fenris suddenly announced, getting off the bed, heading towards the door.

For a moment, I struggled to process everything while I saw him turn his back on me and open the door. Even though my mind raced, I could not figure out what was happening. But what I knew was that my heart felt like there was a wrench being torn into it.

I could not figure out why I felt this way. Even though I needed Fenris to leave for my plan to work, I never thought it would have happened this fast. Especially after the day we had experienced. Instead of relief, I felt anxious about the thought of him leaving me.

Melody came into the room, avoiding Fenris's gaze. He left the room without saying a word to her. I wanted to scream at him not to go, but I could not. Trying to shake the thoughts away, I glanced towards where my original goal was.

The bag seemed to be in the same place he left it the day before, much to my relief. Somehow it had passed by him. Slowly getting up, I struggled to get to it with my wobbly legs. Melody quietly sat down on a chair next to the table I usually drew at. It was so out of character for her I could not help but worry.

Even though Fenris had consumed most of my thought the day before, I had not forgotten what had happened when she came. Part of me wanted to run into the bathroom and cast the spell, but the other part wanted to ask Melody what was wrong. My morality seemed to be at a tipping point.

Did I care enough to want to help her emotionally? Or would I be a monster like every other witch? Taking a few minutes to listen to her would hurt no one. I could gain some humanity points if I did so too. Taking a deep breath, I sat next to her, grabbing onto her hand.

It caused her to glance towards me. Her whole demeanor seemed off-putting.

"Are you okay?" I asked Melody.

It was not like her to be put down like this, yet here she was, depressed about something.

"What, oh sorry. I just... have a lot in my mind." She tried to dodge me.

Somehow, this black-haired Lycan claimed a part of my heart. Something that I thought only Fenris could do. She had always been kind to me, so if I could ease her pain. I thought it would fulfill her in some aspect. Especially after using her for my dirty needs.

It was probably my guilt consuming me.

"I can’t do much, but maybe I can listen to you. That’s if you want to open up to me." I tried to be there for her like she had done for me.

In response, she shook her head. Those amber orbs got glossier.

"Lilith... I don’t know. You already have so much to deal with." Melody tried to shut me down.

It was true I had a lot to deal with, but helping her seemed more like a bonus than a delay.

"I want to be a friend if I can, even if I don’t know how to do so," I assured her, causing Melody finally to break.

"Lilith..." she called out, tears falling down her cheeks.

It almost seemed surreal when she wrapped her arms around me, letting go of what bothered her. I would soon learn that the night she left with Liam. She had planned to confess to him, even if it was a train wreck. After seeing Fenris with me, her hope of being with Liam blossomed a bit.

But before she got him alone… before she could say a single word, Kira found them. She seemed to have been waiting for Liam to come out of our room. Fenris had forbidden her from being near me. For a moment, it left Melody puzzled by the entire event.

That was when Kira threw herself onto Liam with what she said was cheerful news. Out of nowhere, the female Lycan announced to Liam that the elders had ordered them to be wed after the festival. The same day Fenris and Layla would marry.

The brown wolf seemed shocked by the whole thing. While Melody stood there stunned to hear the words that the viper spewed out. However, that was not what hurt her the most, since it was obvious Liam was not happy about the news.

What did hurt her was what came next out of Kira's mouth. She claimed to be pregnant with his child, much to the amazement of everyone around them. Bystanders said many celebrations, while Liam seemed too shocked to even refute her claims. Not wanting to hear any more, Melody ran away from them.

After the next morning, when she went out to grab the things I had asked for, Kira was waiting outside of her dorm room. She made damn sure to let Melody know she did not want a runt near her future husband and child. Liam tried to find Melody, wanting to explain himself, but she avoided him like the plague.

She even asked Fenris for a favor if he wanted her to stay with me. She told him she would stay only if Liam would come if there was an emergency. Not before. Melody never let being a runt ever bother her, but after the events that took hold yesterday. She hated what she was.

I had seen her rub-off comments and other things that were thrown her way, but this time, it concerned Liam. However, what bothered me most was what was about to leave her lips.

"Possibly, if I was normal. Maybe then I would have had a shot. But now, I am just worth nothing to him. I can’t do anything if he’s about to have a child!" she tried her best not to sob loudly.

But tears refused to stop rolling down her cheeks. Instinctively, I tightened my grip on her hands tightly, pulling them towards my bosom. Close to my heart.

"That isn’t true!" I shouted, without even realizing how much her pain riled me.

Shade, who was on her tower, jumped onto my shoulder, interested in the new emotions that were surging within me. This was probably one of the few times I had ever raised my voice to someone other than at Fenris. Even so, Melody still had hope. I... could...

"You can’t say that. You’re in the same boat as me! So, you know more than anyone how I feel right now! We’re nothing to them!" She snapped, feeling everything she had pushed aside for years.

All the comments, hatred... It all came boiling down to the moment she lost the one she loved. The anger, her words... They were not for me, but I accepted them either way. They needed to reach someone, and I would be that person for her, just like she was for me.

"That’s true about me, but not for you." I opened myself to Melody, causing her expression to turn into one of dismay.

Unable to believe my words, she pulled away from me, standing from where she sat.

"You don’t know what you’re saying!" she argued.

She was lashing out, which was something I could deal with. Stella made damn sure that a couple of loud words would not scare me even if they came from a Lycan.

"But I do... You still have hope." I tried to convey this to her, but it only led to more heartache.

All her life, she was told there was no hope. And here I challenged that. Of course, she would not believe me, yet I... could not hold it any longer.

"Lilith, this isn’t funny." Melody got defensive.

I realized I had no choice but to tell her the truth. There was no use in trying to use her without her knowledge anymore. In fact, it would be better that way. She... would become... what I needed. With the right push, she could become the anchor I needed for the spell.

It would increase my chances of it being successful. While reducing the possibility of getting stuck in the dream realm.

"I’m not trying to be. You have hope. I can..." I paused for a minute, knowing that there was no turning back after I said what was coming next.

Even so, it was the easiest thing ever to roll out of me. "I can change this for you."

"Impossible! I was born this way." She threw back at me.

I shook my head in response.

"No, you weren’t born this way, naturally. It has nothing to do with your genes!" I tried to explain to her.

She took a few steps back, away from me.

"Lilith, I don’t understand. Why are you lying to me?!?" Melody got even more defensive; ears slanted back; tail tucked between her legs.

It was almost as if a threat intimidated her, me. I was pushing all the wrong buttons, yet I... did not know of any other way than to continue forward. I did not want to hurt her more than she already was.

"Melody... I don’t have a reason to lie to you." I sighed, glancing away from her and towards Shade, who seemed to know what I was going to do next.

For a moment, we stood there silently. I undid one of my inhibitors on my wrist.

"Do you trust me?" I voiced slightly, trying to ignore every warning bell that was going off in my head.

It made my previous question somewhat ironic. I did not trust myself, yet I… What I was about to do was incredibly stupid, but perhaps this was the only way for her to believe me.

"Yes... I do... but why are you saying these things?" Melody questioned, not realizing what I was doing.

She glanced away from me, trying to find it within herself to trust me. Taking that opportunity, I continued forward. There was no looking back anymore. Whatever happened after I took them off would be my choice.

"I promise I won’t hurt you," I whispered, not knowing if it was true or not.

All I could do was believe; I could control it long enough to have her see what I wanted. I took a few steps towards her, removing my second wrist inhibitor. It would be the first time I had ever done this. The rush of magic that ran through me was enough to make my body glow blue.

In the reflection of her eyes, I could see my eyes slightly give off a blue hue as well. They soon would turn deep blue. With a brief hesitation, I handed them to her before clasping her hand in mine.

"If I am right, then I can show you what I see if-" I tried to explain, but the moment I removed the second bracelet, the whispers had become louder than my thoughts.

Even so, I held onto her hands. My touch caused the dark aura of her curse to become visible to the naked eye. This was done by feeding it with my magical power. This was how witches could tell for sure if the person was cursed. Unlike me, they did not have the eyesight that was gifted to me by the other world.

However, this did not work on every curse, and the amount of magic used to reveal them varied. This was an ancient curse made by an eternal witch. It could be why they never told her about it, too. However, her race was probably the biggest factor.

No witch would risk angering an elder, either. Yet I was no normal witch. I did not care what the elder wanted or achieved by punishing a girl she never met. If... I was right. Her curse was new, but the moment I felt it up close, I knew it was ancient. Probably a generational curse from an ancient witch.

An eternal one, one older than I first thought.

"What is this?" Melody asked, surprised at what was coming out of her.

The aura was thicker than smoke, almost darker than the night sky itself. However, the whispers prevented me from answering her. I could not separate my thoughts from theirs.

"It’s what Lilith sees when she looks at you with the eyes of what you call the nether realm," Shade spoke, causing Melody to pull away from me, startled by her sudden ability to speak.

The more magic that flowed through my body, the more it allowed Shade to interact with the world we were in. Just like when she warned Ben about killing me back all those years ago. However, upon pulling away from me, I fell to my knees. The whispers were drowning me.

'Kill her... She is just another enemy... She is a sin! A Lycan! Enemy!'

I hyperventilated, triggering Shade to act over a mortified Melody.

"Girl! Quickly place the bracelets back on Lily!" Shade commanded a stunned Melody, who heeded her words, swiftly placed both inhibitors back on me.

The whispers slowly died down, allowing my thoughts to become clearer. However, the toll that it took on my body was another story. I was not used to the amount of power that suddenly coursed through me.

"Lilith, what’s all this? Are you okay?" Melody worried, bombarding me with questions.

I ignored her. An invisible clock ticked, and my time was running out. The spell would be impossible without an anchor, and here was the only shot I had of having one. Without a second thought, I stood up, wobbling my way towards the table where the ingredients were.

Melody was right behind me. My head throbbed while I wobbled my way to get a pot. Then back to the table. The lights were even becoming bothersome, too. Melody carefully watched me, utterly bewildered by everything.

I prepared the ingredients, knowing full well my body was going to fail me soon. Closing my eyes, I tried to ready myself for what was coming next. Melody was not in the dark anymore about her curse. Perhaps it would have been easier if I had hidden it from her. But seeing her as she was when she first came into the room.

I... just could not bear it.

"Melody, you’re cursed. One that I can break if..." I could not finish my thought thanks to my head suddenly becoming lightheaded.

Everything I did with Fenris the night before came back to haunt me. I was weaker than I thought. Even though the magic had not surged out of control, my body was not ready for the sudden burst without a full release. Perhaps all of this was a mistake, yet I... pushed forward.

I could feel my body grow hotter by the second. Noticing my discomfort, Melody touched my forehead. The heat that she felt coming from me freaked her out enough to reach for her phone. Instinctively I grabbed onto her hand, preventing her from doing anything to stop this.

Shade faithfully grabbed the phone from her pocket and ran towards my side.

"Don’t... call him," I muttered, noticing there was no going back anymore.

If Fenris found out... it would be the end. I could not allow him to prevent me from casting this spell. He would be more than infuriated if he found out what I had been doing, too.

"But you are burning up. We can figure this out another day." Melody tried to argue, not knowing that if she called anyone, it would spell doom for me.

The only person who knew how to take care of me when this happened would end my attempts to save them. Even though a part of me wanted her to alert him. After all, I wanted Fenris here to hold me. This was utterly terrifying for me.

Even so... He would not allow me to continue if he was here. And I had to go forward. Not only for my desires anymore. I did not want anyone else to feel like I did with their unfulfilled love, especially her. Perhaps I was pushing my emotions into Melody, but was I wrong? Did she want to be cured? Did she want to be free?

I would not know unless I inquired.

"Do you want to be free, Melody?" I asked, noticing the slight fear in her eyes.

After all, I was a witch. A menacing witch... And the most dangerous witch in this era. Or perhaps she was scared for my safety. I could not tell anymore. For a moment she stayed there silently, not knowing how to answer. Noticing her hesitation, I pushed forward once again.

"Do you?" I asked again, clasping her hand that slightly trembled, tears rolling down her eyes once again.

I did not know what my expression was, but I needed to hear her decision. After all, the spell would not work on the unwilling. It had to be consented to.

"Yes, I want to be cured!" Melody responded, leaving me with little doubt to do what I was going to do next.

"Then... as payment, I’ll have you be my anchor to this world for this spell," I announced.

I pulled her hand, nipping her finger a bit with a needle I had at hand. With the fall of a single droplet of blood into the cauldron, I let go of her hand. Everything had to go back quickly. Grabbing a small knife, I sliced my palm with it. I could hear Melody squeal, running to find a cloth. Ignoring her, I clasped my hands together, allowing the blood to flow into the pot below.

I could not help but chuckle slightly, closing my eyes, casting the spell.

'Are you sure about this?' Shade asked me.

Her question triggered a smile to rise on my lips. Her concerns... were unneeded. There was no turning back anymore.

"Dulce somnium dicam tibi futurum ostenderet praeter me ducat." I chanted, turning the blood that flowed down to the cauldron black, shifting the liquid inside the same as well.

A white light blinded us when the spell took hold. All that was left was to ingest the potion I created. I glanced around the room to see Melody running towards me with a cloth to cover my wound. She was blessed to not be fully connected to her wolf state.

The strength of the spell alone must have sent any nearby Lycan's ears ringing to no end. Well... if they weren't wearing their nullifying earrings. Fenris never did… It was quick enough for it to not be identified or located. But I imagined complaints being filed to the magic department of the building because of it.

Wrapping my hand in the cloth, Melody scolded me harshly, pleading to Shade to give her phone back.

"Melody... don’t let go of my hand." I struggled to serve the potion into a cup with my free hand.

My body quivered slightly. I was about to shut down.

"What?" she questioned, confused.

I suddenly chugged the liquid without giving the taste a second thought, causing her to gasp. A soft chuckle left my lips after I gulped.

"I’m going to relive my past. So, please don’t let go." I whispered.

Everything began to become blurry.

"Wait what? No, you can’t do that!" She tried to plead with me, but it was too late.

The spell was already taking hold of me. My eyes felt heavier than ever before. It caused Melody to grab onto me before carrying me over to the bed. After placing me on the soft surface, she glanced towards Shade, who still possessed her phone.

"Why aren't you saying anything now?!?!" Melody yelled at Shade, who tilted her head in response.

"Meow,” she replied.

It triggered Melody to groan, annoyed. She stopped over to the cauldron, making her way towards me with it before grabbing onto my hand.

"Why are you so selfish?! I may be stupid for witchcraft, but I’m not letting you do this alone!" Melody chugged whatever liquid in the pot.

Her action alone stunned me to my core.

"Melody..." I called out to her, amazed she was this bold.

She laid next to me, still holding my hand in hers.

"Together." Melody smiled, closing her eyes, feeling the spell coming into effect.

'What a stupid girl... Do you think she’ll handle it?' Shade commented, jumping onto the bed with us, placing the phone down next to us.

I never expected Melody to do anything like this, but it was so like her. Just like when she jumped in front of me and Layla, considering nothing else that may happen to her.

"I... don’t know," I muttered, falling into a deep slumber.

A place where my dreams would take me back into the past I so dreaded.

6