Chapter 31: I want to be more!
116 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next time I opened my eyes, I found myself in a bed. Someone searched around the room for something I had no awareness of. My vision seemed to be clearer than before, allowing me to see it was not someone I knew. At least Fenris seemed to be beside me, asleep.

Under further inspection, the unsuspecting intruder was a female sun elf. She had blond hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. Seemed younger than most elves I had seen, too. Though she wore a Cerberus uniform. Grumbling to herself, she picked up a kit and placed it on the table. That was when she noticed I was closely watching her.

"Oh, you are up, that is good." The sun elf said, closing the gap between us, carrying her kit.

She instinctively reached for my head, only for me to slap her hand away. I did not know this woman. Or trusted her, for any matter. Especially after Cora, I did not know who to trust anymore.

"Ah... sorry. I have a nasty habit of acting before introducing myself." She apologized, clasping onto the hand I had rejected.

 A groggy Fenris slowly raised from his slumber. The sudden jerk woke him up, since his arms were around my waist. However, instead of being surprised by the intruder, he seemed to know her.

"Oh... Amara, what are you doing?" Fenris yawned, wiping his eyes.

She turned to him, seemly annoyed by something that had happened. But it was not because I rejected her.

"Checking on my patients! What else do you think? No one told me she was awake until an entire day later! Even though I was the first one to tend to her! The nerve of these people!" Amara huffed, glancing back at me with those blue orbs of hers.

‘I am her patient? Is she the reason I am feeling better?’

My head still throbbed, but not as bad as the day before. Sun and moon elves both possessed the ability to heal with their magic. Although they could not do miracles, they could save lives with their it.

"Does your father know you are still here?" Fenris asked, knowing something about her I did not.

It was almost as if he wanted to avoid a scolding from someone.

"He has nothing to do with what I want to do! I choose my patients and I picked her!" Amara grumbled, grabbing onto a stone from her kit, handing it to me.

I remained puzzled by the entire event. Just who was she? From what Fenris said, she seemed important to someone he knew.

"You are a medic?" I questioned, trying to understand what was happening and just who she was.

"Yes, a pleasure to meet you. My name is Amara." She announced, smiling at me.

Although all I could feel was distrust towards anyone new. Even though it was not her fault.

"She is also Ryker's beloved daughter." Fenris pointed out.

She huffed at him again, not pleased by his revelation. It was almost as if she did not want anyone to know her connection to her father.

"Do not tell her that! She does not need to know that to be treated!" The beautiful elf pouted, turning back to me, grabbing onto my hands.

"Treat me like you would another medic!" Amara worried I would see her any differently.

She was always fighting for her merits thanks to the ranking of her father. The elf did not want to live under anyone's shadow. I could relate somewhat.

"Well... at least you are not like him," I mumbled.

She seemed nicer than her father, to some point. Although I was not willing to trust her just yet.

"Nor do I want to be. Although, no one is better than me in this field." She boasted, full of herself.

Sun elves and their egos… Fenris rolled his eyes in response. Maybe they were alike, after all... Although all sun elves were like this.

"You just started not too long ago." Fenris pointed out, smirking.

It seemed they were old friends. In response, she pouted, not liking his tone of disapproval.

"I am the best! Now stop hugging my attention and let me work!" Amara huffed, turning back to me, and speaking in a language I did not understand.

The stone she handed me that was transparent glowed yellow before shimmering different colors. It was almost as if she could read the lights that came through the stone.

"Hm... it seems I healed most of the damage, but you should rest. As well..." Amara trailed off, glancing around herself before shaking her head.

"Never mind, it is probably nothing." She concluded, grabbing the stone and placing it back in her kit.

"What?" I mumbled, confused by what she meant in the last part.

Instead of answering me, she changed the subject slightly. She did not know it would trigger a change in events that I did not precede.

"Although, I need to ask you. The maid who changed your clothes last night reported something that intrigued me. I want to know how your body changed so much from what we have in the medical records." Amara asked, sitting in front of me.

I had not noticed that I was not wearing the garments I had come with. Instead, I had a long sleeve shirt that seemed to be big on me as well as baggy pants. Before I could answer Amara's question, her words triggered something in my wolf.

He grabbed onto my shoulder, pulling me down onto the bed next to him. It was the first time I had seen his face clearly since everything began. The injuries that he had the previous day were all gone, much to my relief, but what he was after was something else.

Shade jumped onto Fenris's head as he undid the buttons on my blouse. It mystified him to hear the change that had occurred in my body. It made me realize he did not know how it had happened. The day before, he probably slept next to me the entire time. Instead of investigating for himself, but there was no holding back his curiosity anymore.

After opening my shirt, he reached with his hand into my blouse. Amara sat there, stunned by his action. She never expected him to do that in front of her. The moment he touched my skin, he glanced over to the wolf, whose cheeks were a deep red color. The rough skin he remembered was no longer there.

"Leave," Fenris ordered.

Amara seemed to not quite believe him. After all, she had not finished her assessment. In response to her hesitation to go, he growled at her. That was when she finally received the message and ran out of the room, promising to come back later to check on me. The moment the door closed behind the startled elf; his gaze set back on me.

All I could do was wait for him to undo my blouse fully, exposing my upper body to him. His eyes studied every part that was in his view, tracing my newly formed skin with his fingertips. It was all a new territory for him. He did not recognize my body anymore. The moment his crimson orbs met with mine once again, all I could do was try to glance away.

He climbed over me and tugged me by my chin to face him. There was no running away.

"I..." I began.

Words were short, though. Even though I had so much to say the day before. Fenris licked his lips, not knowing what to say to me, but it was not long until he broke his silence though. He was collecting his thoughts, trying to remember the night when he lost control of himself.

"Liam had made me think I was going crazy. That the moon played a trick on me, but that night was real, wasn't it? You really came to me during the crimson full moon." Fenris started tracing his fingers through my bosom, almost as if assessing their new volume and tendency to jiggle a bit.

It was embarrassing, although I did not mind it if it came from him.

"Yes..." I mumbled, trying to keep my embarrassment in check.

Shade jumped onto Fenris's back to make him into her bed. He could not care less.

"Why would you do something so stupid?" Fenris growled, cupping my right breast in his hand, squishing it slightly.

It sent shivers down my spine. Even though he appeared annoyed, he also seemed like he was enjoying himself. I did not have any volume or form to them before. In fact, my body was horrendous before that night. However, maybe the reason he was teasing me was more to get back at me like a punishment of sorts.

After all, in his eyes, I was always beautiful, or at least he had told me so. Even though I did not believe him fully. Even with the change, my body could not compete against those who surrounded him.

"Because I wanted to help Melody." I continued to mumble.

Fenris tilted his head, confused by why I mentioned her. Unlike Liam, my wolf knew nothing about Melody and her curse. It seemed his faithful friend had not told him about it, either. It was not his story to tell.

The tilt of Fenris's ears, though, was rather cute. I wanted to reach up and grab them. Slowly, I was becoming bolder with my desire.

‘Maybe I can grab them...’

"Help her?" My little wolf echoed my words, not knowing a thing.

However, that was an issue that I gladly filled him in with ease. Just one of the many things I had to tell him, but all-in sweet time. I did not want to overwhelm him with all the information, either. After hearing about it, he seemed to understand why I acted that way. But he was not happy that I placed myself in such danger, even if it were to help another.

"Even so... you could have been hurt, or worse," Fenris growled, placing the hand that was caressing my chest next to my head.

He held himself above me. Shade still was on his back, although he did not mind her using him as her bed. Taking the opportunity, he was studying me. I reached over to his shoulders and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Fenris... you did not hurt me. Instead, you did this to me." I simpered, trying to reassure him.

He had healed me in a way we never expected. But instead of understanding that, he seemed to get lost by what I said to him.

"I did this to your body?" Fenris questioned, glancing down again to inspect me.

"Yes... you did." I confirmed, slowly nodding.

He bit his lip again, gazing back at me with those orbs that I adored.

"How?" He asked a question I did not know how to answer.

Even so... I... would try to explain to him what I thought it could be.

Although...

"I do not know, but it seems the red moon gifted you with some unique abilities. Ones only accessible to Lycans born under the blood moon. It seemed like it allows you to control magical energies, including my own, to some extent." I replied, not really understanding much about his new abilities.

The only one who did was looking forward to killing him. Another thing I had to tell him in due time.

"I do not know how to do anything like that. Even last time when you lost control, I just wanted to save you." Fenris mumbled, feeling a bit overwhelmed by his own newly gained capabilities.

It was hard to believe that his immunity to most magic had evolved to control it at a whim. Everything that had happened was a lot to take in, and he did not even know most of it.

"I know, but we will figure it out. Together." I nuzzled my nose into his.

My action triggered him to kiss me in response. Separating for just a slight moment, he smiled playfully.

"I guess I have to make you mine all over again." Fenris purred.

Shade took the note in his tone to jump off his back and onto the bed. Before laying down on the pillow where he had rested before. She wanted no part in what was about to follow.

"Make me yours again?" I whispered, tugging him down to another kiss.

It would be a short one. I pulled away before he could respond with a deeper kiss.

"Silly, I have always been yours. I love you, Fenris. From the moment, I saw you. I have been smitten by you for who knows how long." I professed my love for him.

He smirked, tugging the covers over us all the while, leaving Shade on the pillow undisturbed. Licking his fingers, he trailed his hand down my pants and into my underwear, gently caressing my most sensitive area. A low mewl left me before being met with his lips once again. After a breathless kiss, his fingers found their way inside of me. I grabbed onto his shirt. Unlike me, he seemed to have more energy. Fully refreshed after a full day of rest. Well, mostly.

Even though my body still felt awful, Fenris's touch was welcoming. Pulling his fingers away from me, he licked them clean before undoing his pants slightly. He tugged down my pants and underwear, tossing them aside from the bed. My eyes followed their fall to the floor before I felt him hover over me. I turned to face him, only to be met with a kiss again.

His tongue explored my mouth while his member gently rubbed against me. He was not ready to enter me just yet. Instead, he teased me, leaving everything he touched tingling. I could not help but murmur his name, feeling impatient. He chuckled in response. My legs rested on his hips while he did so. He was being more upfront, and little did I know I would melt soon after.

"You know, I wanted to tell you so many things after the festival, but now that you have set your claim on me so publicly. I guess I have no reason to hold back anymore." Fenris began kissing my forehead.

It felt so warm. He pulled away from me and met my gaze again. I could not help but stare at him with hopeful eyes. Even though I already knew how he felt about me, I could have never expected what he was about to declare.

"I was so smitten by you the moment I met you in that alley," Fenris announced, gently sliding himself into me.

I gasped in response to his heat entering my walls. Even though it hurt a bit from the previous time we had been together, it also felt tender. He was being so gentle with me, compared to the last time. Instead of moving right away, he hovered over me, waiting for me to get used to his shape.

Fenris gently caressed my cheek, causing me to get even warmer. My body slowly twitched in response to his member being inside of me. It was almost frustrating how gentle he was being, but in his eyes, I was brittle. I mewled his name again. Hearing me caused him to kiss me in return. It was another short one. He pulled away, tracing my lips with his thumb.

"Patient, little witch. I have a lot to tell and show you." My playful wolf smirked.

I tugged him into another kiss and gently bit his lip in protest. Almost as if to respond, he shoved himself into me all the way to what felt like my womb. It was a bit discomforting, but it quickly turned to pleasure when his heat kissed the entrance. Taking the chance, I was out of breath. He continued to speak about what he desired.

"You know, my mother used to tell me this stupid story. It was about a bond that happened in Lycans when they met the person destined to be with." Fenris started slowly making love to me, keeping to the same gentle rhythm as before.

It was gentler than any other time he had ever held me, but satisfying. He focused on all the sweet spots that he had memorized over the years.

"Like... soulmates?" I murmured, trying to control my voice.

I wondered what Fenris was going for, but I was slowly losing myself in his touch. Instead of the usual playful caresses, this time he was facing me straight on. He pinned my head in between his arms. Another mewl escaped my lips as his mouth covered mine to muffle me. The walls here were not like the ones in our room, and there were no sigils in them, either.

However, even knowing that, his movements did not stop. I had never felt this intimate with him before. He slowly parted from my lips.

"Try to be a bit quieter. I do not want them to hear your voice like that. That is for my ears only." Fenris licked my lips.

I bit into them, trying to quiet down. However, it was difficult because of how he was being.

"That's... I can't." I tried to keep my voice down, but Fenris was being unreasonable.

He was more interested in hitting my sweet spots than pleasuring himself. Thrusting deeply into me, he kissed me to avoid my voice escaping the room. My body found its release in response to his loving soon after, though. It was almost as if he knew how I would react, too. He chuckled, pleased by what he had accomplished.

Although he was far from done. He was trying to fill my physical and emotional needs. Even though my mind was barely keeping up anymore, he was intent on making sure I knew what I meant to him.

"When my mother told me that, I thought that was a myth. I told her it was stupid; I was just a kid, being a kid. But instead of just writing me off, she insisted I would know my soulmate when I met them. Dad, though, had different plans. He wanted to marry me off to a high-born Lycan once I gained the powers from the moon." Fenris sighed.

My body shivered. I could barely follow along, but I was listening to him. Giving me a light kiss, he continued.

"Dad told me most Lycans never meet that certain someone. But then when I met you back in that alley. I felt my heart stop. It was as if lightning had struck me right where I stood." Fenris panted, watching me, waiting for me to react to his confession.

My cheeks turned a shade of pink. I could not help but simper in response to what he had just said. He could not possibly mean... No...

"But you... said nothing about it." I tried to say, struggling for air.

In response, Fenris kissed me and moved again. I tried to hold back my mewls. Although most of that escaped me, he would try to silence with his mouth. Licking my lips, he simpered before kissing me deeply. It left me without a breath to hold on to. Before pulling away, enjoying how he had left me a mess.

"No... I did not, but that was why I gave you the bracelet back at the beach. I just knew you were the girl that would make me what I am. But most importantly, I knew you would be my world." Fenris whispered into my ear, thrusting himself all the way in once again.

A slight moan left his lips while I called out to him, feeling overwhelmed by everything he was saying. His response to me mewling his name was to meet me with another brush of the lips. For a moment, I thought he would release within me. But he did not.

Instead, he waited to calm down again. It was usually what he did when I had a sweet smell coming from me, and he did not want to use protection. Though, he would usually finish outside after a couple of times, not like this. His words were exciting to me, making me even more sensitive to his touch. Every time he stopped would be a time I found my high. Taking the opportunity that I was in ecstasy, he continued to speak.

"Hey... I want to go back there with you. And when we do. I want to ask you something I hope you will agree to." Fenris announced, panting for air.

It left me puzzled by what he said. I mean... why could he not just ask it? Why did it have to be in that location?

"Can't you ask it now?" I asked, dazed by his touch, puzzled by what he meant.

I could barely catch my breath. Instead of letting me breathe freely, he denied me the opportunity when he kissed me in return, pushing into me again. The only reason he separated from me was to make sure I would not pass out due to lack of air. He smiled ever so brightly. His expression of pleasure and happiness was one I wanted to engrave into my mind.

"No... not now, but..." Fenris trailed off.

He focused on sending waves of pleasure through my body. All I accomplished was burying my face in his chest to calm myself. In response to hiding from him, he grabbed onto my hair and tugged me back to face him.

The intimacy was overwhelming me. He had never been direct before. I already knew how he felt about me. But it would not stop him. No... Unlike the night of the blood moon... My wolf was in full control, making me feel in ways I thought I would never feel. Or deserved to feel.

"Oi... don't hide. I was planning on telling you this after the festival, but like I said. You threw my plans out of the water." Fenris teased, locking eyes with me once again.

The crimson eyes matched him so well. I felt like I could drown in them. Unable to answer him coherently, I mumbled his name, unable to withstand his caress anymore. I was about to lose control, and I wanted to lose it. Part of Fenris wanted to lose it at well. If only we were not surrounded by so many unknowns.

"I lo..." Fenris began, only to be interrupted by Liam slamming the door open.

It startled Fenris and me. They completely caught us off guard. While we were in our world, Fenris was hyper-focused on me. He had not heard Liam arguing with Amara outside the door. Shade had not cared to warn us, either. She always loved the chaos. Though I could not help but feel bothered about how she was snickering on the side.

"Oi Fenris! I heard about Owen. I needed..." Liam announced his presence.

Before stopping right where he stood, realizing he had just made his grave even deeper than it was. Behind him were Melody and Amara, who were trying to stop Liam from barging in. All of them seemed like a deer caught by a big bad wolf. The interruption caused Fenris to become furious.

At this moment, it was obvious how little control my wolf had over his power. It responded to his anger. A red aura radiated from him soon after the interruption.

"Oh, fuck!" Liam muttered.

Fenris growled louder than I had ever heard him do before. He slanted his ears back as his tail had fluffed up. Covering my chest by tugging the ends of my blouse together, he sat up and glared at Liam. The alpha froze the beta where he stood. Shade was quick enough to hand me the clothes that had been thrown to the side. I used the cover Fenris provided to place them on. He also fixed his clothes, waiting for me to clothe myself well enough.

Once I was decent, Fenris fully turned to Liam and company, who stood there frozen. It was almost as if the alpha had glared at them, paralyzed. For a moment, he almost seemed like he was about to pounce on them, but before he could take that leap. I hugged him from behind. The last thing I wanted was for him to lose control because he wanted to protect me.

"Don't, it is okay," I reassured Fenris.

Liam and the rest seemed to be statues. My legs trembled in their effort to hold me up from the ground. Turning back to me, Fenris grabbed me by my chin and kissed me deeply in front of the crowd. Amara covered her eyes before running out of the room. Melody and Liam waited for the judgment, instead of running for their lives. My legs gave out only for him to grab hold of me, preventing me from going down onto the floor.

"Okay... I will see myself out." Liam turned for the door, taking the opportunity Fenris had focused on me.

However, the moment those words left him, Fenris pulled away from our kiss, picking me up in his arms.

"No... We have a lot to speak about since you are finally here. And since you were eager in interrupting us, might as well stay and get what is coming to you." Fenris growled.

Liam could only follow along with his alpha's request. Turning back to Fenris, Liam swiftly closed the door behind him. My wolf sat me down on the bed. Sitting beside me, he glanced over to Liam, who seemed to not be ready for what was coming next. However, he would try his best to overcome his friend's rage.

"I am sorry for not being here." Liam apologized, knowing it was more than just that.

Fenris sighed in response.

"You went to help Lilith. It is fine." He breathed, trying to not allow the anger to win.

Luckily, I had told him about everything that had happened in the room. How Liam had saved us before he got to the brown wolf alone. It saved Liam from that one mistake, but there was a reckoning coming. Taking the opportunity that we were alone, Fenris informed Liam of everything that had happened. Even though I had theorized what had happened before, it seemed I was right about most parts.

An elder had started a toast to Fenris and the prophecy that was to come. Ezra, Fenris, and Owen were by the older Lycan, who continued to do his speech before he finally declared the toast. Some of the Lycans became impatient with the senior when he ranted off. They drank their drinks before the older man finished his monologue. Owen...

'If he is going to keep ranting off, I would rather be drunk!' Owen had said, chugging the drink down.

Luckily, my wolf and Ezra did not touch the liquid. The reaction was almost instant. For a moment, Fenris thought his friend had gotten ill, or drunk. But it quickly changed when Owen grabbed onto Fenris and tore into his face. Luckily, Owen missed his eye when he slashed through the flesh with his claws, but chaos rapidly broke out. Ezra got Owen off Fenris before another Lycan attacked Ben, damaging his mechanical arm.

Amelia took the crazed Lycan off Ben. While Layla helped Fenris up from where he was. That was when the corpses came into the barrier before it randomly vanished. Soon after, I came and did my part. After the Cerberus corps came into the scene, they found the unknown substance laced on most if not all the cups that were supposed to be used for the toast. They did not identify the unknown substance. But seemed to have similar effects to wolfsbane.

Fenris had been so close to being killed by that attempt by the rogue witches that it sickened me to my core. The moment that Fenris finished his report to Liam, Melody glanced at me, assuring me it was time for me to come clean. Even if it meant that it would be harder for them to escape Fenris's anger.

The boys were still speaking when I grabbed onto my wolf's shirt and tugged on it slightly to grab his attention. For a moment, I hesitated before he tilted his ears back, not knowing what to expect. But it was nothing good.

"What's wrong?" Fenris worried.

I knew whatever I said would awaken his rage once again.

"I..." I hesitated before letting go of everything that I had done.

Everything that had happened. Everything that I had hidden from Fenris. I held nothing back, recounting everything. Even though I avoided his face, not wanting to see his expression. His anger resonated with his power. That much was certain when he glowed like a decorated tree when I told him about the lucid dreaming spell, as well as what Alijah had declared and done.

Once I finished, I closed my eyes, preparing to receive the scolding of a lifetime. Instead, Fenris took a deep breath, slowly letting it go. For a moment, I thought I was scot-free, but it would quickly change.

"I feel stupid. Here I was, being gentle with you. How silly of me." Fenris began.

His tone sent shivers down my spine. I could not even imagine the expression he had. However, he would leave me for last. He glanced over at Melody, who froze right where she was. It was almost as if she had seen death coming towards her.

Before I knew it, she was on her knees, begging for forgiveness. Poor Liam glanced around the room, worried he was next. After all, he knew about the curse and had asked me to help, even though I had previously declined. And when I confessed, I admitted to everything. Dooming the two. They were sweating profusely.

"Ah... do not worry. Now that you are a full-grown Lycan, I will make sure you know your chain of command. Although... I know this little witch can be tricky to deal with." Fenris responded to Melody's futile attempt to apologize, walking over to them.

She could almost see flashbacks of her entire life from the moment the big, bad wolf stood in front of her. It left me helpless to help them. All I could do was watch while Shade got up from the pillow to observe what was happening. Her tail swayed in excitement. Even though it would spell certain doom for Liam, he stood forward to help his beloved.

"Don't go hard on her. She just wanted to be free, Fen." Liam tried to help Melody.

It caused Fenris to grab onto his friend by the throat in response. Effortlessly, he held Liam up and onto the wall behind them. The sheer power my wolf possessed was looming over me. Alijah would be ten, if not a hundred times worse.

"Oh, that I understand fully. But you... I expected better from you. I forgive you for leaving me stranded in this wretched festival alone, going to help Lilith as she needed it. But I do not forgive you for hiding the fact that Melody had a curse. And that my charge knew about it." Fenris growled at his friend.

Liam professed forgiveness. It was incredible how Fenris could lift the wolf with one arm alone, even though they both shared similar body types. His power, compared to one of a normal Lycan, was already excelling. Alijah... would surely be...

However, even though Fenris's anger was valid. He was not a saint in all of this, either. The only reason I had gone behind his back. Was because that he always wanted to keep me safe, no matter what happened. He would do anything to accomplish that. And that alone would have prevented me from being anything but a weight on his shoulders.

Something I wanted to overcome no matter the cost and to do that, I had to face him. He would not know how I felt unless I spelled it out for him. To do that, I had to gather the courage to face my beloved angered wolf. Easier said than done, but it had to be accomplished.

"Enough. If you want to be angry, then turn it towards me." I worked up the courage to face Fenris's rage.

He turned to me. His expression was not one he had ever expressed to me before. It was almost as if I had betrayed his trust in more ways than one. Which I had done. I never thought it would have hurt him this much, though. Because I never thought he loved me as much as he did. I had always thought of myself as nothing more than his duty, but I was much more than just that. I had always been so blind to it before.

How come it took me to hear the words I thought I would never hear him say. For me to realize his feelings for me when he had always said it in different ways. The way he held, spoke, and looked at me. All yelled that he loved me. But all that stared at me now was sorrow, and I realized I hurt him. I never... wanted to do that.

"Oh, little love, you do not even know what is in store for you. Everything you hid from me. Everything you denied me of knowing!" Fenris growled, letting go of Liam.

He slumped onto the floor, terrified. My angered wolf took a step towards me. Just like I did with the others, I had to fight him. He would listen to my reasoning. After all, he was the one who pushed me to the edge. All I felt was the guilt from hurting him, but nothing else. I would do it all over again if the same events played out.

"You did the same to me! Kept me in the dark about so many things!" I argued back.

Fenris was having none of it. After all, he had his reasons. The excuse he always brought forward.

"That was to keep you safe!" Fenris confronted me.

I leaned on his excuse as well. After all, it was my reason too.

"I wanted to keep you safe, too! Do you not realize it?! I cannot... I will not live without you! You are my world too!" I yelled at Fenris.

It caused him to stop right in front of me, surprised by my outburst. Usually, I would crumble under him, but if I wanted to be his equal. I needed to be just like the alpha he was.

"Lilith..." Fenris called to me, reaching towards my cheek.

I pulled away slightly from his touch. My wolf would not crack me. He had to hear me, or else it would never change. Slowly, I reached for his hand, only to grab onto it. I face him head-on. He was born to be a leader, and I... If I wanted to be with him. I needed to be the same. Just as strong, just as fearless as he was.

"I want to be your equal, not your burden or duty! I want to be much more than just that! Please, let me be more than a load for you to carry!" I continued to let go of my emotions.

Fenris enveloped me in his arms. Tears had rolled down my eyes without me even knowing it. We had both hurt each other, that much was clear. And all of it was for the same reason. Yet he never knew that I only saw myself as a liability to him or anyone else.

"You have never been a burden!" Fenris reassured me, holding me tightly in his arms.

I buried my face in his chest.

"Then why do I feel it so?" I sobbed, tears streaming down my cheeks.

I was holding myself bare to him. Even though anger pulsed through every part of his being. He could not take it out on me any longer. He knew he was part of the issue, too. My wolf had failed to show me how important I was to him once before. And that I was more than his duty. No, I was much more.

"Lilith... I am sorry." Fenris apologized, shaking his head a bit.

"I did not know you felt this way. I love you.” He began holding me closer.

His voice seemed brittle.

“Fuck! I have always loved you! You are my world!" Fenris professed, noticing I would only know if he told me straight on.

Even though I already knew, it felt liberating to hear him say it. The biggest smile broke on my lips. I never knew I could be so happy before this moment.

"You big stupid wolf," I mumbled.

He sighed and said it again, pulling me up to a tender kiss.

"And just like that, the witch tamed the big bad wolf." Shade snickered on the side.

Fenris growled at her as he held me close to himself. I had narrowly escaped his rage, but only for the moment. What would come next would change us and everything we fought for.

In a month's time, I never knew I would love someone more than I did Fenris.

Hm... I wonder what she means...

6