29
9 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
With her back against the soft mattress, she stared at the hand that she was holding up in the air. On her ring finger, she wore a ring that had a blue gem carved into it in the shape of a rose.
Her head was filled with thoughts. Was the story deviating from the original plotline, or was it always like that? She didn’t know because Arcane was rarely mentioned in the story or there was scarcely any information about her, Her character would only appear to torture Soarsa. Her head was a mess but the fact that Vasilias cared for her made her feel warm and happy. It was a feeling of being cared for that made her feel content.
“How long are you going to stay like this?”
Arcane jumped up, There was an intruder in the room. Just as she sat up she came face to face with the black-haired guy from the library. Her eyes widened and her ears turned red because she was way too close to him. Arcane pushed him away with all her might and shouted.
“Why on earth are you in my room?? Above all, what are you doing on my bed?” She grabbed the blanket and covered herself with it.
“Tsk...Look at her, Just yesterday you were kissing me and hugging me to sleep, and now?” He made a disappointed sound.
Arcane’s face flushed when she thought of what he had just said.
“Whatever it is...just...just stay away from me from now on,” Arcane growled.
There was a mischievous smile on his face, He looked at her with his deep red eyes, the smile he had on his face was that of a playboy, HE slowly walked towards her, Arcane wrapped the blanket around her while trying to shrink in as much as possible.
“What if I don't want to stay away from you? WHat if I want to sleep with you? What if I keep on appearing like this when you are asleep.`` He had his one knee on the bed while the other was in the process of doing so,
“Stop right there! I will scream!” Arcane warned him but he didn’t listen and licked his lip slowly while grabbing a handful of Arcane’s long hair.
Arcane wanted to cry as the guy was in no mood of getting out. He slowly bent his head and sniffed her hair like a cat before rubbing it against his face.
Arcane stared at him with utter shock. Her face was red as a tomato. ‘Is he a psycho?’
“I have missed this so much.” He spoke in a husky voice and kissed her hair strands.
“Master! I want to sleep!” In a seductive voice, he whispered. Arcane almost had a nosebleed, He slowly lowered his head and plopped his head into her lap and purred like a cat, and closed his eyes.
Arcane had stopped breathing for a while, she was petrified by the current situation she was in and dared not look down at her lap. After ten long minutes, Arcane got back her senses and looked down at her lap, and saw the black cat sleeping.
“Fuu!...” she breathed out heavily, the cat was no longer a guy. She slowly lifted it up and placed it on the bed and crawled out of the bed sneakily.
“What on earth just happened? Why was he speaking like that?” Arcane mumbled. And slowly approached the couch with weak legs, she had lost all her energy and felt like she was about to pass out. She sat on the couch and curled up her legs. She looked cautiously at the bed where the cat was purring happily.
“This is bad… How did this end up like this? What if he is also a hidden character in the book? Is he also one of the ML’s I mean I am sure there were many men that were in love with Soarsa apart from those three.” Arcane thought with a tired brain and didn't realize when she fell asleep.
The nights in Ohearia were cold and sleeping on the couch was a bad idea and that without a blanket, BUt still she was comfortable for some reason.
The sun rose slowly and the light fell into the room through the windows. Arcane rubbed her face with the warm pillow beside her. Oddly enough the light didn’t fall on her face today like usual and made her want to sleep a little longer.
“MAster...Is it comfortable in my arms?” HE whispered in her ear, As soon as the warm air blew against her ear her eyes opened and saw the cat from yesterday staring intently at her with a playful look. “Agh!!” She screamed. “How did I?” SHe soon realized that she was holding him tightly.
“Was it comfortable?” HE teased her. Arcane let go of him and backed off. “I am sorry...I didn’t mean to stick to you like that,” she shuttered.
“Princess!! What happened? I heard you scream!!” Blanca broke into the room with a colorless face. Arcane almost had a heart attack at the sight of Blanca.
“It’s not what you think! I was just cold, that is why…”
“Princess!! You were cold? I knew I should have placed a few more blankets around you.” She scolded herself. Arcane realized that Blanca wasn’t even looking in the direction of the cat man, and he winked at her. “Yes...she can’t see me,” HE grinned. “Only you can see me.”
Arcane gulped in heavily,
“Blanca...could you leave me alone for a minute? I have something I need to do.” Arcane didn’t take her eye off the guy and asked Blanca in a lifeless manner.
Blanca did feel a little odd but she bowed and left the room.
“Please! Tell me who exactly you are? And why are you sticking to me like that?... In the library, I thought you were just another creature from the book that I didn't read about but your existence keeps on bothering me.”
“Zeus...I am Zeus. You named me.” His playful grin vanished and he looked disappointed, “Have you really forgotten me?”
Arcane could see that he was hurt, But why was he hurt? She had no idea. “I named you?”
‘He means Arcane names him… By the looks he is giving me, I can tell Arcane has a mysterious past but the story isn’t about her so I don't know anything about her. To think that every character has a past even without a special role in the story gives me chills.’ Arcane shuddered.
“Hah!” He gave out a dry laugh and covered his eyes with his hand sadly. His low laughter gave out the feeling of distress. “To think that I gave up three of my lives to a master that doesn’t even remember me...I must be a fool.”
‘Three lives?’ Arcane looked at him blankly. His eyes looked in her direction and then moved down to her neck where she wore the timepiece. He gritted his teeth angrily and got off the bed. Through the open window, he jumped off and disappeared from the sight leaving Arcane dumbfoundedly staring into the thin air.
2