23
46 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Stop!...” A deep voice called out from behind Arcane. She could see the palace in a distance and wasn’t very far away. Arcane stopped with a heavy heart, She heard the footsteps grow louder. 

Iroas slowly approved her and finally stood before her with a firm expression, His hand on the sword that was dangling down his waist, while his eyes looking down upon Arcane’s sorry state.

“I see that the princess has recovered, I was on my way to meet you.” Said Iroas in a deep tone. 

“I did, Thanks for asking.” She replied sarcastically. Her eyes continued to slip towards his hand that was resting on the sword. Her throat felt dry suddenly and the already healed wounds on her neck started to sting. 

Unlike the time when he was with Soarsa, Iroas seemed to be ready to pull out his sword at any moment. 

Iroas tapped his foot and looked around a bit, he couldn’t bring himself to say what he wanted to say,

“I appreciate that you didn’t disclose my identity in front of the lady.” This time a little too much coldness was added to the tone, He made it sound more like a threat than thanks.

 

Arcane wanted to kick him hard but held her desire, 

 

“I will ask the Emperor to reconsider his decision. You can get engaged to Lady Soarsa instead of me.” Without getting to act like a pure innocent girl, Arcane decided to get over with Iroas once in for all now that he had come to talk to her himself.

Iroas’s eyebrow lifted, he acted as if he didn’t hear her right, Arcane had brought in the topic out of nowhere.

 

“I think you misunderstood something,” Iroas’s voice grew a bit colder, and his grey eyes darkened, “I don’t have that kind of relationship with the Lady.” 

Arcane felt her heart feel uncomfortable, She licked her dried lips and spoke again, 

‘This is your chance! Say it!’

 

 Arcane clasped her trembling hand behind her back and looked into Iroas’s darkened eyes, She sucked in the air and spoke in a loud voice. “I don’t think I misunderstood anything. As you can see I have two very healthy eyes and I am not a child anymore!” She paused.

 

Iroas clenched his teeth and gripped around his sword, Arcane noticed his motions and prepared herself to say the next sentence. “There is no shame in admitting your mistake! I know you wanted to propose to the 40th candidate and you accidentally said 41st!...”

 

“Huh?” Iroas’s eye twitched when he heard her next sentence. 

“Yes! And if you think I will be heartbroken after the annulment of the engagement...You don’t have to worry about that as I already have someone I wish to marry.” Arcane spat out those words in such a hurry that Iroas didn’t get time to retaliate. “Just like you, I too am suffering because of the misunderstandings caused due to the engagement.” 

 

“You…”

“If you don’t have anything else to say, then I will head back to the palace because I am not properly dressed.” Arcane wrapped the jacket around her body and brushed past Iroas. Her legs were shaking because of the dark aura surrounding Iroas, which she desperately wanted to escape. 

 

Clasp’ 

Iroas grabbed her wrist with his hand, The sudden motion made the coat slip out of Arcane’s hand making the jacket slide off her shoulder and exposing the thin fabric of her nightgown, 

“GAsp!” Arcane jumped in fright, Her hand-formed into a tight fist as she looked at Iroas like a scared rabbit. 

“The person you like...Who is he?” He asked in a curious tone.

“Huh?”

 

‘Why? Are you eager to know if I have made any progress with the crown prince? Do you think I don’t know what stupid and useless plans you are cooking up in your head?’ 

 

She thought to herself while she struggled with pulling her hand out of his grasp.

“I don’t think that is related to you in any manner, So if you would please let go of my hand because you are hurting me,”

‘Gosh! Let go already!! What’s with your hands? Did you stick sandpapers to your skin? I can feel my skin peeled off,’

“Who said it’s not related to me? I am your fiance.” Said Iroas in a hoarse voice.

‘Hah! That is the joke of the century! Just say that you don’t want the animal you chose to slaughter to run away,’

“It was a misunderstanding, and I said I will ask the Emperor to annul this engagement!” Arcane jerked off his hand and wrapped the jacket around her once again. She rubbed her wrist that was grabbed by him with his rough hands. When Iroas didn’t say anything for a few seconds and only glared at her Arcane decided to flee, 

“I don’t agree with that, I don’t want to annul the engagement.” Iroas acted like a spoiled brat.

“I don’t think it’s about you, I don’t want to marry someone I have no affection for, so it’s my side of the decision and I hold the rights to stand for them,” Arcane spoke with confidence as she hated the fact that only the MAle side could decide for themselves. 

‘If I was outside the palace he would have already sliced me, I am glad that he can’t do things like that inside the palace.’

 

She hurriedly ran towards the palace under his piercing gaze. 

“This...This feels familiar.” He narrowed his eyes onto Arcane, “Very familiar,” 

3