Kamen Rider Seir – Chapter 6
60 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6 - Fever

 

This one is different from the last…

Seir thought as she dodged another claw swipe from her adversary.

What she’s facing this time was strangely not humanoid in shape. It was something full on the bestial side of form. Incapable of communication, unlike the previous two greater demonoids she had encountered.

A wolf.

A black gigantic wolf with sharp bones protruding out from random spots on its huge body. It lashes out with its deformed claws and bite with impunity as if it’s perpetually in a berserk state.

Kimaris said that the demonoid's power corrupts the mind the more one devours the other… but I don’t see this one has extra heads like he did. So how come it acts like a rabid dog already?

But while fast and fierce, its attacks were way too straightforward. It didn’t take long for Seir to get accustomed to dodging them. And apparently it’s incapable of doing anything else. In comparison, Kimaris had that wide area gravity attack, while Valak… she couldn’t remember, but she had a feeling that even the giant lizard had a special attack of sorts.

The rubbles and debris around, probably the aftermath of the giant wolf’s rage, posed little problem for Seir to navigate around. She could easily leap through the smaller ones, while the larger one could still be easily demolished with her strength. 

Her only problem for now, perhaps, was the greater demonoid’s protruding bones that seemingly could automatically shift place to protect itself from Seir’s spear attack. And when one was broken off, a new one simply protruded out of its body to replace it. But it was just annoying at best. 

Then it happened.

Right when Seir figured that she could just use an attack that is capable of simply bypassing the bone defense—the attack she used to vanquish Kimaris– something unexpected happened.

What…?

Before she knew it, the right hand she’s been using to hold her crimson spear was flung into the air, along with the crimson spear. Only by sheer luck that she managed to avoid getting beheaded by the attack that followed.

Its attack…. It’s changing!

As Seir hurriedly retreated to make distance between her and the opponent, she realized that it’s not only the way her opponent attacks that was changed. Its entire shape had also changed!

Gone were the wolf with its deformed claws and protruding bones. In its place now stood what appeared to be a giant insect with a pair of scythe at the end of its two forelegs.

…a praying mantis.

The change happened almost instantly, it caught Seir off guard. Its scythe was so sharp it could cut through her armor and body. The same armor suit and body that refused to break under Kimaris’ gravity attack with ease. 

But as soon as it's about to attack again, its lower body seemingly boiled and bloated, before it once again changed shape. This time into a quadruped creature that chose to flee instead of attacking.

It’s a shapeshifter. It has no extra heads because it can shapeshift into what it has devoured… perhaps its mind has already deteriorated and it simply acts upon instinct now.

Finding the reprieve she needed to recollect herself, Seir used her remaining hand to reach out to her belt. She may not know yet what releasing more locks in her belt would do, but if it’ll give her a much needed power boost like before, she might as well try. Against such a volatile and unexpected enemy that could pierce through her armor like it’s butter, she needs all the power she could get. 

The first lock she already knows will strengthen her legs. The released lock immediately dissolved into liquid and flowed into her shins, then reforming back into a pair of shin guards. At the same time, Seir could feel power welling up on her lower body.

How come the shin guards are in a different color than last time…? 

The shin guards were green with gold trims before. Now it's a flaming orange with some reddish hue instead. And it’s not only the color; its general feel was also different. While she could feel her original strength returning to her legs, just like the other day when she released the first lock, this time she felt even more power coursing through instead of the serene deadliness she felt before. 

Perhaps it’s because I released a different lock? Maybe I should test it out.

Without further ado, she reached out to the green lock on the upper right side of her belt and released it. The lock immediately dissolved into liquid form, but this time it spiraled around Seir’s left arm. Then it reformed into a green, gold rimmed arm bracelet and bracer. She could feel her upper body becoming stronger, and the same feeling that permeated her legs the other day now wrapped around her arm.

So that’s how it is.

Her original strength returns as more locks are released. But each lock imbues her with different attributes. What if she…

….!!

“KWWWWEEEEHHH!!!!”

BOOOOOM!!

Seir could feel her innards burst under the pressure brought down by the creature that seemingly fell from the sky in a speed that her eyes couldn’t follow. Copious amount of blood surged up to her mouth and escaped her lips, some even got through the fangs-like mouthpiece of her helmet.

The creature had swooped in while bearing the gravity pressure almost equal to that of Kimaris’ wide area strike but in a more focused spot, causing a crater to be formed as it landed on top of Seir. Pinning her down with one of its feet.

Her adversary was now in the shape of a giant deformed bald eagle. It was quite literally bald as it had no feathers; only wrinkled white pale skin while its wings and tail were made out of bones.  

Fortunately for Seir, she could still move her left arm and legs. She kicked as high as possible at the greater demonoid.

Crack!

Sound of bone fracturing could be heard. Despite not really being in a good position to launch a proper kick, Seir's increased leg strength was enough to achieve that result.  Gaining some confidence back, she threw her left fist at the already fractured leg immediately.

“KWWWEEEEEHHH!?”

The giant bird shrieked as it lost its balance. Its right leg is bent in an almost 90 degree corner. 

Using that opening, Seir rolled herself out from under her opponent and quickly got up. She then promptly finished what she intended to do. Now having a much better ground and stance, her roundhouse kick tore apart the shape-shifting demonoid’s right leg.

Seeing it tumbling on the ground, Seir went in for another attack. But the greater demonoid swiftly shifted into its wolf shape and regained its footing in the process. While its legs looked unharmed, a huge chunk was missing from its stomach.

“GROWWWWLLL”

The giant wolf pounced in to attack, but Seir was already accustomed to its movement. And with her improved speed, managed to duck through the wolf’s claw swipe and slip right directly to the  front of its maw. The wolf’s head promptly collided with Seir’s fist. Its body spun forward counter-clockwise with the point where Seir’s fist connected to its head acting as the axis. The head itself promptly exploded into bloody bits halfway through.

It’s not dead yet…

The wolf once again shape shifted even before it landed on the ground, changing into the other form that Seir had seen before–the praying mantis. And, again, already on its feet once more despite its previous situation.

The mantis, however, lacked one of its lethal scythe hands. Not that it became any less dangerous. Seir had no intention to see if the sharpness of the remaining scythe had waned or not.

The mantis’ attack was fast, but has a pretty large gap in between–probably meant to be covered by its missing hand. Moreover, Seir was ready this time. Coupled with her now increased speed, it’s easier for her to dodge. Her eyes got used to the speed after the second slash, and after the third scythe slash, she used that gap between attacks she noticed to sneak in and get in range. 

Deducting correctly that in its current form it cannot use its scythe effectively to deal with an enemy in extremely close range without cutting itself–not that it matters much–, Seir scaled the mantis’ body, made easy by manipulating gravity around her body, and decapitated it with an uppercut followed by a spinning heel kick before it could retaliate. 

Still not dying…?

The greater demonoid seemingly refused to die, as it once again shapeshifted into its other form. This time the quadruped creature that preferred to escape earlier. Just like before, it started running away from Seir with explosive speed. But she knew better that once it made sufficient distance, the eagle form would take control and attack from the sky.

Landing back on the ground, Seir intended to chase after the fleeing enemy. But fell to her knees instead.

“Ahak!*cough* Huk!”

All those strenuous actions had aggravated Seir’s messed up innards, causing pain and reopening  the still-recovering internal wound. She had to cough up the blood as the steely-tasted crimson fluid quickly welled up inside her mouth again.

This won’t do…

Normally, she would simply absorb the smaller demonoid she had killed to quicken her self healing. But this particular greater demonoid seemingly prefers to kill everything that moves–including the smaller demonoids—instead of keeping any around it. Thus making it so that Seir’s only chance to heal up quickly was to kill the currently fleeing enemy.

She knows that she could just sleep it off like after her defeat to A-Cross. But something inside her kept telling her that she mustn’t. She felt the urge to kill this greater demonoid no matter what. And the urge only grew stronger the longer she fought, to the point she had some trouble managing it now.

…no matter what… I…

Giving it no second thought, Seir pulled the third and the fourth locks consecutively. 

========================

Watching the fight through the virtual visor that displayed the feed broadcasted by the camera drone flying above the field where Seir was fighting against the Greater Demonoid, Daisuke couldn’t help but feel anxious. After all, even for him, this demonoid was an anomaly.

Before meeting Seir, he had fought and killed a total of 5 greater demonoids. While some of their characteristics set them apart from each other, all 5 shared several similarities. One, all of them were capable of communication. Two, all of them had smaller demonoids–these ones emerge from deceased humans who’re killed by the demonoids– to follow them around as some sort of mooks. Three, with the exception of the last one he fought, they’re all humanoid in shape. And four, despite their monstrous look, all of them acted and fought like a human, albeit a deranged and mentally unstable human.

This one lacked any of those similarities. Firstly, it’s animal-like in shape. Secondly, it killed everything at sight, including the smaller demonoids that emerged from the humans it killed. Thirdly, it’s seemingly incapable of communication. And lastly, it fought purely like a rabid animal.

As the fight unfolded, the more anxious Daisuke became. And he was not alone in this.

“Oh, no! Great sis..!”

“Great sis’ right hand…”

Shana and Rhonia were also watching the fight from the display screen in the great reeler’s sidecar. Daisuke heard their gasps right after the greater demonoid shape shifted, catching Seir off guard, and chopped off her right arm.

From his perspective, it went downhill from there. Seir was once again caught off-guard by the shapeshifting beast-like greater demonoid. Seir put up a fight, but sustained internal injury from the second surprise attack.

Daisuke was about to intervene, but then he saw Seir pull out the last two locks installed on the  outer side of her belt. 

“One lock left… Will she be alright?”

He muttered to no one else but himself.

Daisuke saw Amaya implanting six locks on Seir’s belt. While he’s not particularly understand how it truly works, he deduced that the locks were some kind of limiters. The more locks released, the closer Seir becomes to her original demonoid self. Though he recalled seeing only 5 attached on her belt. 

Then where is the sixth lock?

Daisuke had no idea.

She was frightening back then. Discounting the short term future prediction and her telekinesis, Seir would still be formidable thanks to how fast she could adapt her senses and body to match her opponent. He won back then simply because he managed to knock her out before she could adapt.

But since the kabuto and zero-one hero reels are still recharging, should Seir break the last sixth lock, he wouldn’t be able to repeat the same trick to beat her.

Now, more than Seir’s well-being, Daisuke was more anxious about her reverting back to her demonoid form.

“Great sis, has grown wings…”

“She’s flying… so fast… Daisuke-niichan, great sis is not there anymore!”

He could hear the two siblings commenting again. In his worries, Daisuke turned his eyes away from the virtual visor display. He wasn’t looking when the fifth lock release took effect on Seir. Once he realized that he had missed something and turned his sight back to the display, he saw Seir swiftly flying to the same direction the shapeshifting greater demonoid had fled.

“Kuso!”

Daisuke frantically ordered the drone to follow Seir and revved the Great Reeler’s engine. He needs to be nearby, just in case…

 

========================

 

Seir could feel it. Most of her powers had returned to her by the time the third lock was released. She could predict where her enemy is heading to, as well as the possibilities that may happen afterward.  It’s a bit disorienting at first, seeing so many visions at once, but she got used to it after a short while.

The next thing she realized  was that something had been attached to her lower back, just above her tail bone. A pair of wings. And along with it a surge of energy that filled her body. She felt even stronger than she was as a greater demonoid! 

Power that I was not aware of within me… ones that I didn’t have the chance to make use before.

It was the energy converted from something her body had accumulated overtime, that something being very vague somehow. It’s meant to be released as an emergency power source as well as for body strengthening and healing, albeit it won’t last for too long. At least that’s what she instinctively came to know just now. 

And true to what she understood, this energy of unknown source augmented all of her physical statistics. And not only her internal wound, her severed right arm had also regrown back in the wake of its activation. Even after all that, there were still excessive amounts left.

But why am I still in this form?

She was expecting that she would return to her demonoid self after she pulled out the last key. But no. She remained in her ‘kamen rider’ form. Her regrown arm, before the black shroud covered it again, was still human in nature as well. 

Is there another lock I’m not aware of? ….No matter. It’s not important now.

Her wings spread out, and Seir was propelled to the air. Although she could, she wasn’t actually using her wings to fly. She was manipulating gravity to raise herself up to the sky, and with the same method, propel herself toward a certain direction.

 The direction where she predicted that her enemy would show up. Where  it would emerge from the forest in its eagle form.

“KWWWEEEEH?!”

Their distance was actually enough for it to build up speed. But Seir had foreseen that. Making use of her excess energy, she manipulated the gravity around the flying greater demonoid, causing it to be confined in midair. With the target’s movement sealed, Seir changed her flying posture so that both of her feet were now at the front.

“Die”

The giant eagle’s head exploded the moment it made contact with the sole of Seir’s feet. But that still wasn’t enough to kill it. Despite the gravity constriction around it, it forcefully shapeshifted into its remaining form, destroying the bind in the process.

Seir had also foreseen this. 

She changed her direction by bouncing up from a wall of gravity she made, positioning herself right above her opponent.

“Die”

The two collided in the sky, then promptly hurtled down into the ground below. 

The first to reach the ground was Seir, while the nameless greater demonoid fell in the form of a mangled carcass.  It was already covered in green flames. Signifying that it truly had died this time. She could feel it as well. Its power entered her body as it burned. But since she no longer needed healing and her energy is currently in excess, most of the absorbed power went to her belt. 

A purple colored lock with a horse head crest took form in her hand.

And with that, Seir suddenly felt clear headed. The urge to kill was gone now. And she sensed no other greater demonoid in her detection range. She could detransform now–if she actually knew how– but there’s another pressing matter.

This excess energy… I need to get rid of it somehow.

But why?

She simply knows that she has to. Her body instinctively knows. The bonus energy will revert back to its origin once the duration expires. But just what kind of repercussions await her if she were to let this happen, she somehow knows not. She didn’t even know what part of her the energy was converted from.

And that’s the second time today. 

Before today, she’s usually certain of everything about herself. She always instinctively knew. But this time she’s uncertain.

This uncertainty made her worried. Because there’s a part in her that tells her it’s alright to fail. As if her body deliberately delayed giving her the information. As if she wants herself to fail, if only it’s to find out the answer. 

I need to try either way. 

Her mind was racing, looking for a way to consume the excessive energy that was starting to convert back into its original form inside her. While Seir was yet unaware of its actual nature, it caused her body temperature to rise steadily.

Seir launched several wide area gravity attacks directed to the sky, causing shockwaves that scattered the clouds. It was something she’d normally be incapable of doing consecutively due to how taxing it is. But she did anyway. And all that didn’t do much to shave off the energy.

What else could I do…?

Seir almost  frantically spun her mind for ideas. Her body became hotter by the minutes, and now her lower body was starting to be uncomfortably itchy. 

Shapeshifting? How about that?

Once again, she instinctively knew that she could. Or at least should be. For some reason, although she could feel that her entire body was crawling and shifting inside, in addition to chipping off on her energy with each attempt, she saw no change at all. It’s as if she was limited to humanoid shape. And she could already guess who did it to her.

Amaya…

Realizing that, she knew that there’s nothing she could do about it. 

Shapeshifting into something that is only remotely similar to her original form would actually burn a lot of energy. The greater demonoid that she just defeated was able to shapeshift consecutively into its different forms within a short amount of time only because it didn’t use its energy for anything else. That path was not available for her...

But a small idea crossed her mind.

She prevented me from changing my body drastically. But what if it’s a part of me that is no longer attached to me? 

Seir recalled how Kimaris turned his own severed arm into an actual giant mace. That should count as a small scale shape shifting.  With that in mind, she immediately made her way to the spot where her severed right arm landed. 

She passed by Daisuke and the kids, riding in his horse-less black chariot, seemingly in a rush to catch up with her. But she couldn’t care less for now. The rising heat, as well as the itchiness on her groin area, and now her breasts, it’s all getting almost unbearable.

There it is!

Seir quickly picked up her severed right arm that had been laying on the ground for a while now. The crimson spear was no longer in its grasp, nor was the black armor. Just a lifeless, pale marble skinned right arm. It didn’t even bleed anymore.

Seir circulated her energy into the severed arm, willing it to change shape. The arm itself started to lose its original shape, stretched and expanded to something much larger than its original size. This time around, instead of just barely scraping off, a huge amount of energy was burnt off. 

Why, of course.

She was trying to turn the severed arm into something way, way larger after all. 

While her body, no, a greater demonoid’s body is actually capable of being molded into any shape, theirs is still a body made of flesh and blood. It has a limit to how much it can stretch or shrink. So shapeshifting is basically them tearing themself apart, then reshaping the pieces in the shape they want, and finally stitching the broken pieces back up together again. Growing more cells to fill in the blank or harden some surfaces when needed. Vice versa, shapeshifting into something smaller requires them to burn off excess materials in addition to shrinking. All that takes a good amount of energy to achieve.

With her severed arm, Seir needed to rejuvenate the cells first so that they became pliable again. Then grew more cells as she stretched and expanded the material. And since what she’s aiming to make is much, much larger than her severed arm, the energy required will be so much greater.

And that’s what she’s aiming for.

 

What was she trying to make anyway?

Weapon? No, the crimson spear was adequate.

Then what?

It’s a mount of her own. 

 

While she did feel weird to be a ‘rider’ without a ‘mount’, Seir was also concerned about the two kids who had ‘adopted’ her into their family. Though it hasn’t been long since she knew Shana and Rhonia, she still wishes to keep them safe, to let them live out their life until they die from old age.

There’s no doubt that she would not be around them from time to time in her quest to hunt as many greater demonoids as possible before she herself expires. And while she wishes for it, she knows full well that Daisuke won’t be around forever. His heart is somewhere else after all. There will be no one to watch over Shana and Rhonia.

Therefore she needs someone, something, anything that can act as her proxy, to watch over the sisters. To keep them safe in her stead when she’s not around. 

A familiar.

Thus she decided to use her severed right arm to craft the vessel. 

But a vessel alone is not enough. She needs a spirit essence to act as the vessel’s consciousness. Otherwise the vessel would just be an empty husk. A statue, so to speak.

 

But that has been taken care of. 

While her right hand continued to supply energy to the shapeshifting process, Seir glanced at the purple lock in her left hand. It’s exactly what she needs to complete the creation.

 

When a greater demonoid devours another demonoids, not only the energy, it also absorbs its enemy’s spirit essence.  Seir didn’t know the details, but apparently, the spirit essence is much harder to digest. She could only guess that the absorbed spirit essence would try to wrest control of the body from the original owner. Both spirits would clash endlessly, shaving off on their sanity and intelligence with each exchange until one perishes.

In Kimaris’ case, it seemed that instead of winning the clash completely, he simply quarantined the spirits he absorbed in some parts of his body. But the quarantines leak from time to time, or when he’s agitated, causing him to have random bouts of insanity.

As for the greater demonoid Seir killed just now, the four spirits residing inside its body might’ve been evenly matched and a clear winner was never found, even after all of them had completely gone insane. Well, except for one…

In this case, Seir is luckier than both of the previously mentioned greater demonoids. Amaya had made it so that the spirit essence Seir absorbed was sealed within the lock. And since the locks are not part of Seir’s body, even in their released forms, the spirit essences within would not be able to invade her mind. While that mysterious woman put a lot of limiters inside her body, Seir couldn’t deny that it was all to her benefit in one way or another.

That being  said, regarding the purple lock she just obtained, Seir could only guess why. Between the feuding four spirits, the one who ended up getting sealed inside the lock was the fleeing quadrupeds. Perhaps because it was the last form the greater demonoid took before it completely died? 

Maybe, but that’s not really important now.

She wouldn’t even consider creating a familiar if the sealed spirit belonged to the other three. Why would she let rabid beasts to watch over Shana and Rhonia? But she had a feeling she would be able to trust the fleeing quadrupeds.

Why?

The first time the bald eagle form caught her off guard, it was because Seir couldn’t sense any aggression directed toward her until the very last second. And neither did she sense fear coming from her opponent. The quadruped creature, itself a mix of several different creatures really, chose to run away for a different reason.

While that’s not enough logical reason to feel that she could trust the spirit, Seir still believed that it’s the right step to take.

“Uhh…”

The rising body temperature, as well as the itch on her groin and breasts were starting to become unbearable.

Grasping the purple lock tightly in her left hand, Seir focused her mind to finish the  vessel.

Until suddenly,

She blanked out.

 

======================

 

“Are you sure you can’t stay longer? My daughter, she would be sad if you left this early. And my husband truly could use more of your counsel.”

“I wish I could, lady Avida. But my Esteemed Father’s health is deteriorating. I can’t run away from my duty much longer. I’m sorry.”

“I see. There is no helping it then. I suppose, the next time we meet again, I will have to call you Lord Glasya Labolas the Seventh?”

“I think so. Too bad I couldn’t finish teaching the little one how to ride a horse. But then again… she’s a very talented girl. I believe she’ll figure it out even without my help. Lady Avida, you are truly blessed to have such a daughter.”

“You bet I am. Ahahaha… but seriously, my daughter really dotes on you. She even told me that she’ll name her first personal horse after you, so that she’ll always remember you. What’s funny is how my daughter doesn’t even know your name. Well, you only earn your name once you inherit the throne after all. ”

“Hopefully she won’t name the poor horse ‘Uncle’ then. Hahaha.. “

“I’ll just tell her that your name is Glasya Labolas.”

“Ehh… the old geezers back home will be really mad if they find out… but naming a horse after me, huh? I guess it’s fitting.”

“You think so?”

“Yes. Before I settled down here years ago, I spent days traveling. Looking for freedom not unlike those wild horses living in the prairie untouched by humans.”

“...”

“I guess I did it because I realized that I’m nothing more than a pack horse, destined to spend my life pulling the carriage that is my duty as the son of my father. But I’m done running away now. I’ve had my fill of freedom. It’s time to pay my dues.”

 “....it’s not like you’ll be cooped up in the palace forever. You make it sound like it’s such a bad thing. Look at old Kimaris and Valak. They still traveled around every so often.”

“Err, can you please not compare me with those weirdos, lady Avida?”

“Ahahahaha.. Oh? What are you doing there, dear? Don’t tell me you are eavesdropping?”

 

=====================

 

Seir snapped back to reality. 

Her body temperature had risen so much that she felt light-headed. She nearly lost consciousness just now. Actually, she probably did for about a split moment there. 

At this point, she realized how futile her effort to use up the excess energy before it completely converted back to its source was. And by now, she could make an educated guess on what part of her being that was converted into the excessive energy. 

It was her repressed lust–which explains why in addition to the continuously rising body temperature, she’s been feeling itchy and wet on her groin area and the tips of her breasts.

However, when the duration is out, which will cause the additional energy to revert back to its source, the lust produced by the conversion was much more intense than it originally was. To the point that it’s overwhelming for Seir after a while.

And it’s not even finished converting yet.

Her head was spinning, eyelids heavy, and she’s sweating bullets inside her black suit. Her breathing turned harsh, not because the process of shapeshifting was taxing, but because of the overwhelming heat and horniness.

But she hung on. 

She doesn’t know yet how to retrieve Kimaris’ lock even up until now. If she were to lose consciousness and de-transform, the purple lock in her hand would disappear into her belt as well. Who knows when she’ll obtain another spirit essence?

Therefore she felt the need to finish the familiar creation before she lost consciousness again.

 

 

A few moments later, the vessel was finished. Though Seir herself wouldn’t really remember how she pulled it off. The last thing that she could still recall was her mumbling of a name as she leaned her body forward with left arm stretched out forward to install the purple lock onto the finished vessel… 

Gla…sya…

…only for her legs to give in before her hand reached the vessel.

 

She had already fallen unconscious before her body landed on the ground.

===========================================

When Daisuke and two siblings arrived, the first thing they saw was the sight of a black mare standing majestically among the rubbles and ruins that were the aftermath of the shapeshifting greater demonoid’s unscrupulous murders. 

Apparently, there should be a human village here. But it had been leveled to the ground, its entire occupants slaughtered. All because the mad greater demonoid stumbled upon this place. The fact that there’s no single corpse left around–only blotches of blood here and there– despite how recent the tragedy happened only made it even more eerie and desolate.

The black mare, seemingly something that jumped out of a very detailed painting, looked really out of place among such a desolate sight.

And it was staring intently at Daisuke and the two sisters. As if it was trying to judge them. Yet, Daisuke sensed no hostility coming from it.

“Wait right here.”

Turning off the great reeler’s engine and dismounting, Daisuke told the kids to stay put while he walked calmly but carefully toward the horse.

Truthfully speaking, Daisuke had no idea how to handle horses. He never had the need to learn how after all. Not in his original world, or every other world he had visited. He has the great reeler as his means of transportation already, and he never really stayed for too long in one world to properly learn a skill that is significant to that world. Right about now, he wished he could be like Tsukasa Kadoya or Tendou Souji who came equipped with a huge repertoire of skillset even before their story as kamen riders started. 

“It’s okay. I’m not your enemy.”

Daisuke raised his hands as he walked closer. The only way he knows to show that he has no ill intention.

The mare stared at him intently for another few seconds, before finally moving from its spot to make way for Daisuke. Even then, its gaze still followed Daisuke with vigil.

Once the black horse moved away, Daisuke could see exactly what it was guarding. 

“Seir!?”

Daisuke immediately rushed ahead. 

Laying on the ground unconscious was Seir, already untransformed, and buck naked. The last  part irked Daisuke a bit, but he’s too worried to care right now. The girl was sweating a lot, and her breathing was erratic. It’s not the peaceful sleep she had after he severely wounded her last time they fought.

“Seir, are you a—damn, it’s hot!”

When Daisuke touched Seir’s arm to check for pulses, he was surprised that her body temperature was really hot. Looking closely, her white skin was also flushed. 

The girl was feverish. Perhaps since her body thresholds are higher than normal humans (despite looking human), her fever temperature is also higher. When Daisuke touched her earlier, it’s like his palm was inside a hot spring water.  

When he tried to prop her up…

“Ahh.. *pant* uhhn.. *pant* ah..”

…she started moaning in between her panting.

Daisuke didn’t know whether Seir was in pain or it’s because she’s feeling something else. But he convinced himself that it’s the former instead of the latter, and did his best to not aggravate her too much.

He reactivated the clothing bracelet on Seir’s wrist so that he wouldn't feel bothered by her nudity, though it helped little as the fabric immediately clung into her skin and became slightly diaphanous thanks to her sweat. Still, it’s better than nothing.

Daisuke then lifted Seir up with both hands, one arm under her legs and the other supporting her back–his original world’s so-called ‘princess carry’– figuring that carrying her on his back would put a lot of distractions in his mind. He was mildly surprised with how light she is compared to what he expected from a person of her size. 

“Is great sister Seir alright?”

One of the sisters, Rhonia, asked as Daisuke returned to the great reeler, with Seir cradled in his arms.

“I don’t know. But we should head out to find a place to camp immediately. Maybe she just needs some rest, like before, remember?”

Daisuke reassured the kids. Actually he’s also reassuring himself.

“Is the horse coming with us as well?”

Suddenly Shana quipped.

Wondering what the little girl really meant, Daisuke turned around, and saw that the black mare had already stood next to him. He doubled back because he didn’t even hear it moving closer.

Exchanging gaze with the black mare for a short while, Daisuke finally came to a conclusion.

“I guess so.”

They ended up building a campsite near a river. Both Rhonia and Shana seemed to be more competent at preparing the camp than Daisuke does, which made him feel a little ashamed as he’s the only available adult present at the moment. Probably because their family had to move around so much in the past. 

And strangely, for some reason, the black mare was watching over them attentively. Keeping them at eyesight distance while also watching the camp. If it’s not for the fact that it’s practically and literally a horse, Daisuke would’ve fallen into depression for having no role at all in the camp.

Not really.

But feeling useless does not go well with Daisuke.

With barely anything else to do outside, Daisuke retreated into the tent to check on Seir’s condition. Her fever hadn’t gotten down yet. At least it’s not going higher. Rhonia had wiped the accumulating sweat earlier, but more has been accumulating again since then.

Replacing the ice pack on her forehead with a new one, then sitting on the bedside, Daisuke considered whether he should wipe Seir’s body or not. When it comes to this girl, the one question that always lingers in Daisuke’s head was, could he keep dirty thoughts away from his mind while doing the task? 

There is a part in him that wants to respond to Seir’s approaches. Perhaps it was the side of him that is tired of waiting, running out of patience over his relationship with Amaya that didn’t show any sign of progressing. While he doesn’t usually show it, deep inside there’s frustration accumulating. The way Seir practically threw herself at him, Daisuke might’ve seen her as an easy way out to relieve his frustration.

On the other hand, there’s also a part in him that feels guilty to himself for even considering the possibility. He also feels guilty towards both Amaya and Seir. Guilty for being such a inconsiderate prick to both of them.

“Hmm?”

He suddenly felt someone’s hand touching his back.

“Are you awake, Se–”

The moment Daisuke turned around,  he saw Seir, already sitting up, looking directly back at him in the eyes.

Her eyes, which irises he clearly recalled were blue, are now gold with hints of red. There’s something so enchanting in Seir’s eyes that Daisuke couldn’t break eye contact with her.

So enchanting his mind couldn’t even register Seir’s face moving ever so slowly closer to his. Before he knew it, their lips met. 

It was a light kiss at first, then gradually turned into a deeper one. A deeper and more intimate kiss, tangling tongues and sucking each other’s lips. And then…

 

…Daisuke’s mind blanked out.

 

The last thing he could see before his mind went white, was the sight of Seir, slowly taking off her skimpy tops after breaking their kiss…. 

6