Chapter 4.5
1.2k 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Careful incisions revealed the cause of death for each animal.

Roadkill, starvation, torn apart, drowned, a multitude of different causes were present.

I took apart each limb, storing them back into the bag. I attached the heart with a direct connection to the brain, and kept the flow going by attaching it to an electronic device who releases pulses, which in turn makes the heart keep beating. This keeps it temporarily alive, but from that moment I am on a strict time limit.

Crudely, I attach the limbs to each other from different species, trying to test if they will awaken. As I put the vital organs back together there only was a very limited response, their eyes half-opening and closeing, before vital functions ceased.

"First try is a failure. Resume testing later."

I jotted down what happened and why it failed, which was simply due to lack of apparatus. This could be set up later.

I walked back to my mother's room, exhausted from the cold weather. I tucked myself inside the nice warm bed, but noticed something strange.

My mother was nowhere to be seen.

I wonder what she's doing at this hour, or where she's going. Maybe she went out with some friends, that would seem the most logical.

My mind shut off once I reached that conclusion, my curiosity being satisfied, before going to sleep.

I should've considered thinking about it for longer.

 

 

17