Chapter 6-Cookie-Part 1/2
254 9 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a large, snowy plane, stood a single being. Despite having the shape of a human, their body was completely devoid of any features, easily blending into the cold snow beneath them. Despite the lack of the mouth, loud curses were emerging rapidly from the head of this being.

“Fuck, Shit, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck! Why! It was all going so well until that bastard came here! How the hell did he come to this world, he even synchronized with a person, only I should have that power! Ugh, just my luck, out of all the worlds in the universe, I was the one that calamity came to,”!

While that silhouette of a person was ranting, a person stood behind him. Unlike the entity in front of him, they had fully defined features. Tidy, short, royal blue hair, crimson eyes, pale, unblemished skin, and an expressionless gaze.

That person was Cookie, currently having a panic attack.

‘Jesus Christ, a person! Okay, stay calm Cookie, it can't harm you. Just write him a note, and you’ll be fine,’

It had been approximately 997,000 years since Cookie had last talked to a person. In that time, he had seen thousands of different races in the many dimensions he had gone through, he had just never been able to talk to any of them. The only way he could communicate was through writing, usually using a notepad he could easily create.

As he used one of the first Immortal Arts he had ever created, [Cookie’s Solution for Social Anxiety™], creating a small, white pencil and notebook, he realized that he had forgotten to apply a language Art.

Cookie quietly murmured, “Divine Art, Language Comprehension,” and a small bit of rainbow colored light appeared, covering his body in its radiance, before quickly  fading away.

Writing a quick note on the paper, Cookie tore it out and placed the sheet next to the featureless being that was still cursing loudly.

After that was done, his royal blue Immortal Energy covered his entire body in a thick coat, before he sunk into the ground, while giving the entity a strong tap on the shoulder.

The being rapidly turned behind him, startled, but Cookie was already long gone. Seeing the note on the ground, he groaned and let out another string of curses.

“What now! Why the fuck is there a note here, what the hell just touched me,”!

Quickly scrambling to pick up the note, the being grabbed it with great force, and shoved it up to his face. As he scanned the words on paper, he fell to his knees and screamed to the heavens, “WHY ME,”!?

The note read, ‘Hi, <3! I thought coming here would be fun, :), I promise I won’t mess things up for you, OwO, from Xerith-Bedault-Halical-Joacku-Neack-Villitoos’.

Language Comprehension has its flaws. Meaning isn’t always transferred correctly when using it, especially in Cookie’s case. The language that he first learned, Longitas, was a symbol based language, similar to hieroglyphics. That experience of his bled over into the Divine Art, making the message he had written turn into OwO Speak. 

Not knowing the mental trauma he had inflicted on the strange being, Cookie continued to sink through the floor. “17 percent”, he muttered to himself, “I can go about 12,000 more years if I don’t do any fighting,”.

While descending, Cookie started to feel a sense of discomfort around him, as if the world was rejecting his presence. The moment he felt that pressure, he immediately slowed his fall, and came to a complete stop. He murmured to himself, “Seems this world has a power limiter on it, I’ll have to seal most of my power,”. 

The royal blue light surrounding him expanded outwards, pushing the material he was sinking through away from him. Once there was enough room for him to move around, all of the Immortal Energy in the room coalesced to his right pointer finger, and took off all of his clothing. With slow and practiced movements, he drew a series of lines around his entire small body, eventually covering his whole body with streaks of Immortal Energy. As the blue light faded from his finger, he whispered, “Lock”, and all of the lines converged into two symbols, each on a different shoulder. His left held the Longitas symbol for Lock, while his right had the symbol for Key. At the moment, Key was pitch black, while Lock was the same color as his energy, a dark blue. After this, he put his white robe back on, and continued down.

After another minute of falling through the ground, Cookie stopped abruptly. In his face, a golden, translucent screen appeared in front of him.

[Xerith-Bedault-Halical-Joacku-Neack-Villitoos]

[Current Energy Analysis: .009%]

ᐅ-Stats

Variable Stats

[Strength 50.0]

[Stamina N/A]

[Speed 50.0]

[Perception 50]

[Vitality N/A]

[Magic Power N/A]

Invariable Stats

[Intelligence-2.001/10]

[Perseverance-8.231/10]

[Luck-1.218/10]

[Charm-6.875/10]

ᐅGift

 [Status Screen]

[Null Attribute]

—You can view your Status without a medium. Do this by thinking ‘Status’ three times.

Arts (3/3)

 [Master of Weapons]

—You hold the knowledge and experience of countless weapons, being a master at nearly all of them. Due to your experience, even if you have not used a certain type of weapon, you will already be highly proficient in it.

 [Lord of the Spear]

—Your knowledge and ability of the spear is peerless. You have learned countless different styles, created countless of your own, and have gone beyond needing a style for your spear.

 [Energy Control]

—You are able to use a mysterious type of energy with zero difficulties. If it was mana you controlled, you would be a god among mages.

ᐅPhysique (3/3)

 [Energy Body]

—Instead of being made up of flesh and blood, your body is composed of a mysterious type of energy.

 [Energy Repulsive Body]

—Everybody has some level of affinity towards the many supernatural energies in the world, except for you. Energy seems to be hated by your body, and Energy seems to hate it.

 [Immortal Body]

—You cannot die through old age nor sickness.

ᐅ [Synchronization] 

—Any being not originally from this world usually needs to go Synchronization, where you take over the identity and body of a person in the world. This takes a bit of time, about two weeks to fully synchronize with the original. While this is happening, you will hold none of your original power. When Synchronization finishes, their body will be fully replaced by yours. Alternatively, you can choose not to go through synchronization and be inserted into the world. A fake identity will be given, but it is possible for people to find out that your identity is fake, unlike with synchronization.

Do you want to synchronize? [Y/N]

As Cookie scanned his eyes through the status screen, the first thing he thought was how the hell were they able to quantify physical and magical ability into stats. Each of those stats had countless parts making them up. Strength obviously depended on the body part you are using, what you are applying your strength to, etc. Less obvious stats like stamina could be separated into categories like endurance for running, slow running, fast running, lifting weight, etc. Even magic power could be differentiated into quantity and quality. Of course, Cookie knew that there might be some way to calculate a stat with hard numbers, but Cookie had never been great with those. He had always preferred letter grades and titles for ranks. For example, the current sealed Cookie had an B grade body, and would be a Domain level mage if he could use mana.

Then there were the Invariable stats! Luck isn’t even real, and intelligence being an Invariable stat is just stupid. Having intelligence as an innate quality of people is what caused the mass discrimination of the Valdian race, or the segregation of the Lorkians. Also, Cookie thought that the screen was being quite rude by giving him a stat of 2. Also was charm invariable? There are plenty of ways to affect it, like what clothes you are wearing, your body odor, your looks, your hair, etc. It also depends on the species standards! Cookie would look disgusting to a Veritas or a Baldian. Of course, Cookie wasn’t as mad at the charm stat, calling him a 7/10 made him feel good. He didn’t even need to talk about perseverance, Cookie certainly wasn’t as strong willed 900,000 years ago as he is today. 

Then there was the section for Gifts. Cookie had no idea what this meant, so he put it to the side for now. He could only guess that Arts and Physiques were your skills and body. He was a bit confused why it was limited to only three for each, but he didn’t care that much, so stopped thinking about it.

He sighed to himself, and read the part about Synchronization. Without hesitation, he slammed his finger onto the N. He felt disgusted that this system even gave him this choice, trying to make him willingly take the life of an innocent person just for his own selfish desire. His opinion of the being that made this system instantly dropped massively. Of course, he didn’t want to become powerless for two weeks, but that was only a small part of his decision.

ᐅ [Choose your identity]

—Expand/Reduce—

Cookie clicked the expand button, and quickly disabled his vision, along with his expanded senses. 

All of this time, [Intuition] had been going off loudly inside his mind, telling him that this was the place where he had to go. He wanted to use [Intuition] to find out which options were the best. He tapped the places where [Intuition] was signaling the strongest, and on the 12th tap, something changed.

The space around him twisted, and he felt the opening of a space passage around him. Quickly expanding his senses, he saw that the screen had a Y/N on it, and the Y was highlighted. Upon realizing that he had no idea what he picked, a quiet, “Shit,” emerged from his mouth.

As soon as the passage was fully formed, Cookie was teleported into a small room, filled with only the bare essentials for living.

After taking a second to clear his head, Cookie tried to reopen his status screen to see if it still had the information for what he had tapped.

ᐅ [Identity]

— You are a 15 year old transfer student to the South Korean training academy, Cube. You originally went to another school in Europe, but due to complications with your family you travelled to South Korea. After that, your entire family died in a monster attack. Today is the graduation ceremony for non-combat cadets, and cadets going into Cube. Your rank is 542.

Cookie looked at this information, puzzled. What was South Korea or Europe? He assumed that they were places, but how large were they? How developed is this world in terms of individual strength? He put these questions aside, and went to wander around the house, trying to find anything that he could use to gain more information.

 

 

3