Prologue: “I Love You!”
189 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Haa... Haa... Haa.... 

What were those things?! Why were there so many of them?! Why are they even there in the first place?!

I breathe heavily as I run down the large halls, unsure where I was even going, my feet clattering against the floorboard. Why is this place so big!? Where am I even going? It felt like I was going in an endless loop. I don't care where I'm going, I just need to get the hell away from this place. To get away from him.

Maybe it's because of all the panic and fear, but, I can't even think properly anymore.

I can't even count how many doors I passed nor how many corners I turned. I can't even count how many doors I've opened. In the end, they were all the same. None of them led to my escape route. They were just ordinary rooms- no, nothing in this huge mansion can be considered 'ordinary'.

I've been running for a while but for some reason I'm not feeling that tired. I was never really one with much stamina but somehow, I can keep going, barely. The only thing that's really exhausted right now is my mind. I don't think I can handle anymore of this. Being stuck in this place- seeing that man- Just thinking about it sends shivers down my spine and makes me feel like puking. I really can't stand it. With every passing day that goes by in this place, I learn how much I want to go back to how life used to be before this all happened. To be able to go outside and enjoy my one and only life.

At this point, it's something I can only yearn and hope for. 

I feel a tear drip down from my eyelids and it slowly makes its way down my cheeks. A couple more drops of the clear liquid slowly spurt out of my eyes and do the same. 

Will I ever be able to go back to my 'normal' life ever again? Or will I have to stay here- in this hellish place for rest of it? Is going back to the life I wanted only a dream that won't ever become a reality? Is it really... out of reach? 

No! I yell at myself while wiping the tears on my face away. I told myself today's the day, That today's the day I escape from this place!

I continue to run and then turn a corner. I couldn't stop in time and was about to bump into the door of one of the rooms. In an instant I turn my body and make the side of my body suffer the bump. After throwing myself off the wooden door, I continue to dash through the long hallway. 

I'm completely tired of these hallways, just seeing or walking through them makes my stomach churn. How many times have I passed through these halls? Over 100? No, maybe less. About 50? I'm not sure. All I know is that it's more than I can count on both my hands and probably even my toes.

I came to a stop. Why? Why now? Why now of all times?! 

The thing in front of me was something I wish would disappear, Something I didn't want nor need there or at this moment.

In front of me was... A wall, a wall blocking me- a dead-end. 

There's always some kind of wall in front of me, as if the world or god or something wants to confine and chain me in this hell of a place. As if it- they don't want me to experience the outside world. I look at the wall in front of me and give it a small smile that was filled to the brim with my sadness.

I wasn't able to keep the sadness for long. There was a set of footsteps coming my way, closer and closer, footsteps becoming louder and louder as he got closer. I jolt to the sudden sound, a cold sweat drips down from my forehead and thoughts swarm my head. How can I escape? Is there even a way I could in the first place? He seems to have some distance so I might be able to do something, right? 

After deciding I might have a chance to free myself from this place, I gulp, breathe in and breathe out and hastily turn around and then suddenly... an object flew past me at a high speed, hitting the wall which was now beside me, making a thud noise as it punchers it.

Huh? What just happened? 

I look over to my side and what I saw... made terror eat me up, whole. There- the object that flew by me in an instant was.... A knife. Yes, a knife, a really sharp one at that, and, it was way too close: it only missed me by a couple of centimeters. My lips start twitching like crazy, as if it was like -40 degrees or something. And... pain? Huh? I feel a wet feeling on my right cheek, an unknown sensation. It wasn't there before but it was now.

I slowly bring my hand over to my cheek, touch the weird sensation and then look at what it was, unsure if I really want to look at it or if it's better I don't. In the end, it was better I didn't see. 

When I pulled my hand back- what I saw on my fingers was... blood! The knife he threw somehow seemed to have cut me without me realizing it.

 I turn my head to face the wall once again. Completely terrified and frozen in place, I could feel myself tearing up again.

How dumb am I to think I could actually escape from this place? From him?

....

How many seconds went by since the footsteps began? I'm not sure if it was just me, but, it felt as if they were going on for minutes, with every step I would more and more terrified more and more terrified of what he might do and what will become of me, as if each of his steps were hammering down on my emotions; fear especially, like a swordsmith forging their blade: with each hit, it gets stronger, more durable.

All of sudden, his step, the sound as his feet hit the ground became louder, as if he was right behind me. I couldn't have been more right because I could see a shadow hovering above me. The man slams his left arm against the wall, pretty much pinning me against it, leaving me with zero hope of escaping: It was already at zero the very moment I heard his footsteps from behind me, but now my chances of escaping from him fell into the negatives. 

He slowly leans forward, his dark silhouette becoming darker. I could feel his breathe rubbing against the edges of my nape, almost as if teases me or something. A normal reaction to teasing would probably be like blushing or something, but that isn't the case for me- I was just left with fear and panic.

I could feel a tear drop escape my now-puffy eyes. How did it turn out like this? 

He wraps his arms around my waist, hugging me, my back against the front of his body. He rubs his face against my neck and my nape and soon sets lips against them.

He takes them off my neck and forcibly turns my head, I was now staring into eyes, his did the same, but, the difference was, it was like he was staring deep inside me.

"Did you really you think you could escape?" One of the lights flicker off and turns back on and the mans face displays a wide grin. "There is no way I'm allowing that, after all, I love you!"

3