Chapter 42 – Passive Income
536 12 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alright, first things first. I didn't actually know how the Market worked, so a quick refresher was necessary. The first menu was pointless, so I just skipped to the Sell menu.

 

 

You can designate an item you own to be sold for a specific price on the Global Market. The item will remain in your Storage until a buyer purchases it, at which time the item will be directly transferred to their Storage. Any costs associated with the transfer will automatically be added to the price listed by the seller and paid by the buyer.

 

Storage: 247
Awaiting Sale: 0

 

| Sell | Cancel Sale | Back |

 

Fairly straightforward. I looked at one of the gems on the ground and clicked Sell.

 

A large, uncut chunk of Alexandrite, infused with earth and darkness mana.

Price: | ↓↑_._↓↑ |

Sell Infused Alexandrite for 0 CP? | Yes | No |

 

Clicking on the little arrows allowed me to lower and raise the amount, with the second slot allowing for decimals. Unlike literally every other part of the Interface I'd seen... The lowest was zero, and the highest was eighty-four, my maximum CP. Which was also odd. If I'd already reached my limit, then adding even one more would force it over... Maybe there was a problem specifically with doubling the maximum? Ah well, that wasn't what I came here for.

 

The problem I had now, was what price to pick. I'd already realized the second I looked at the Market, that I would need to sell items for less than I could craft them. After all, if I could craft a ton of stone for one CP, then so could any potential buyers. But then, how much was this Alexandrite chunk worth?

 

The Interface immediately shifted to a prompt asking me if I wanted to Duplicate Infused Alexandrite. For one CP, I could make less than twenty pounds. Compared to the other materials I'd crafted, it was a rather low amount. Either being Infused with mana or being grown by Corina had made it harder to replicate.

 

That made me wonder if anyone would want to buy what I had if they could get a larger amount of uninfused material at the same price. Hopefully the Infused material would be specifically useful for something...

 

I could probably do some math to figure out how much I should sell the chunk for, but it would be annoying for both me and anyone interested in buying it. The better option was to collect as much of the stuff as possible and sell it by weight. That... also seemed inconvenient.

 

I focused on the Interface and thought about what I wanted. It immediately answered to my desire.

 

Supply Depot (Modified)
Room Feature; Structural1A simple blueprint for a building or other structure.

A simple warehouse type building; designed to allow your Creatures to Deposit and Withdraw items from your Bank. The design has been modified to allow specified creatures access to the Global Market as well. 20m x 20m x 100m size.

Requirements(Unmet):
Room must have empty space equal to 20m x 20m x 100m.

Components:

Spoiler

Reinforced Construction (Custom Design)
Arcane/Electrical Wiring (Geni's Design)
Plumbing Systems (Custom Design)
Lighting Systems (Custom Design)
Ventilation Systems (Custom Design)
Shelving x100
Designation Zone x4
Bank Console x4
Market Console x2

[collapse]

| Create (15 CP) | Display Blueprint | Back |

 

Fifteen CP... I wasn't sure if that was good or bad, but it didn't matter for now. The room was starting to get quite large as the Oreworms and Greater Rockworms expanded it, but even now the walls weren't a hundred meters apart in any direction. I would have to show this to Mica, so she could get them to dig the space out directly. It might be finished surprisingly quickly if they had a specific purpose.

 

Hopefully, this would allow my Creatures to gather up all the things I wanted to sell without me having to manually go around Depositing every single rock and crystal. The 'modification' to the design also meant that they could Sell the things themselves. That left room for error or embezzlement, but I couldn't really bring myself to see that as a genuine concern. If anything, they were better qualified for this than I was.

 

I called out. "Mica, can you look at this? Geni as well, I suppose." The two flew over and read the displayed information.

 

For a while, we discussed the details. For the location of the warehouse, we decided it would be best to include Corina. The 'custom design' tags were probably collaborations by multiple people; for instance, Geni, Mica, and Corina for the Reinforced Constructions component. Lastly, whether we might be better off just Crafting the six consoles and the designation zones instead of the whole structure. We decided that, realistically, the warehouse wasn't for storing things we wanted to sell. It was for storing things we'd bought and didn't have the leeway to transport to their destination in the Dungeon. A future investment. Until the Depot was done, I could Sell everything manually. 

 

That left one last problem. I chewed on my lip a moment as I gathered my thoughts. "So, how are we supposed to collect all the materials? Even if I don't have to do it myself, there aren't enough of you, and you also have other work to do."

 

Mica waved a hand dismissively. "I'll just get the Minor Spirits to do it. It's just moving things around, and I can drop by once in a while to put everything in the Bank."

 

I frowned. "Minor Spirits? I vaguely remember them being mentioned, but I never made anything like that?"

 

Mica blinked back at me with a slight tilt of the head. "Minor Spirits form naturally wherever there is mana. The population has been slowly growing, most likely since before I was created. They're... all around us, even now. I thought you could see them too?"

 

I turned to look at the Kindlesprite, who shook her head slightly. She couldn't see them either. I looked at Geni instead.

 

The Contraption Fairy shrugged at me. "I can see them, but they usually don't listen to me. I have to do everything myself. I've seen them obey you though, so I get why Mica thought you could see them."

 

My frown deepened. They obeyed me? But I didn't even know they existed. That seemed like a dangerous combination. Maybe some of the magic I'd used had actually been related to these Minor Spirits? Hmm... My entire understanding of magic might be flawed if that was the case. This was something I needed to get a grasp on immediately.

 

For now... "Could you get them to gather everything now? If we can get CP from selling it, we can purchase some silk already." As a side benefit, I could try to 'see' these Minor Spirits.

 

There was a big smile and an excited, "As you wish!" Then Mica turned towards the field and raised both hands like a conductor. It was quite similar to how Geni acted when she was playing on her computer, actually. Regardless, no matter how much I strained my eyes, I couldn't see a hint of the Spirits being directed. All I could see was the mana flowing in suspicious patterns.

 

I didn't mistake the Spirits for the mana itself, did I? But no. It lacked anything that could have made it seem alive. Besides, I'd seen Geni and the Kindlesprite control mana, and neither could command Spirits. So for whatever reason, I couldn't see Minor Spirits. Technically, I had no reason to think I could, so that was fine. 

 

I stopped focusing on the magic, and immediately sucked in a breath. The ground was moving. Like a swarm of insects, every rock and crystal was slowly rolling towards us. It was somewhat... disorienting.

 

It took a few minutes for everything to gather where I could store it. Significantly less time than it would have taken to collect it all manually. With that done, I spent some time setting some of it up for sale. I kept some things in case I needed them later, like the Moonstones, but I didn't hold back too much. I could always make more later if I needed it. Nothing was purchased instantly. Disappointing, but obvious. If there was even anyone interested in buying anything, they probably weren't checking constantly.

 

While I waited, I looked into buying Arachne Silk. There actually was some available, though not much. I compared the price offered against what I could make... Around seventy percent of the Crafting cost. A little high for my liking, but that would probably change as more Silk became available. I bought everything that was available for eleven CP... Hopefully it was worth it.

 

With that done, and still waiting on people to buy my ores, I finally focused on studying the Teleport spell. I wanted to have it completely mastered before I returned to Earth after all. Ideally, I could reach a hundred capacity... But I was slightly concerned that the falloff would be too much. Every little bit helps... Maybe. Just gotta do it.

 

Ughh, I still don't know the conversion rate of CP to matter. I've been planning the Minor Spirits for a while, but I have this niggling feeling that I forgot something important regarding them and the material collection.

22