Chapter 7: Zero goes to work
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile Zero and Jae were examining the documents Paul Singh sent them.

they then went to social media and LinkedIN, gone were the days of rolodex, yellow pages, business referrals, cards and contact information. The only thing one needed to know was how to yelp a 5 star reservation, book a reservation and have a tailored suit. It seems that even business lunches were slowly starting to disappear.

The only things business people still had to learn was art and drinking in the UK. Nothing as crass as football, that was either for the common gentry or the Ultra Rich. No, their boys club was in the countryside, in museum charity and donations, the opera house and the art galleries.

Oxford Graduates, MPs, the old white men of the North, the politicians, and the brokers all gathered in Coventry square, Soho, and Leicester square. Among them Zero and Jae-hyun could be seen scrambling for information. This was the business gossip and politics of England, UK, and a decent chunk of the EU as well. Belgium could go f*** itself, Luxemburg, the swiss were just minor players.

Everyone knew the biggest debtors were in Greece and Italy. However they were quite wily with their connections to royalty to Monaco and Turkey. A constant battle between the power bloc of France and Germany and more Baltic and smaller countries like the Switzerland and upstarts like Venice. Many of them played on the side, like England being detached from the main continent, or were too small to matter, like Poland and Lithuania.

The only power players to watch out for where the Scandinavians and their oil money. Sometimes the Russian bears stepped in, but they still played by EU & UK rules. Thankfully the UK dealt with them per their alliances with the US, France, and Germany. Europe's economy in a nutshell. *

Back to the "Halls of Power" as declared by Churchill when he lost the election after WWII to the Labour party.

"What's the financial status of the Sharp Corporation?", Zero asked Sir Terry Gou.

Zero had this lazy look on his face, a generic suit and black tie. The only few details he had was his hair nicely trimmed and neatly parted, a clean shaven face, and the pair of eyes behind the thick black frame of his square glasses.

Terry Gou was not amused with this engineering looking fellow looking to get into finance.

Zero flashed him a smile. Soon his lazy demeanor changed, and he became quite serious. Slowly in clean British English he repeated himself and said "Mr. Foxx, sir I think you'll be quite pleased with the arrangement our boss has prepared"

Terry Gou gave him an equally cryptic sneer "The Ass kickers of Trafalgar, you boss fancies himself Admiral Horatio Nelson eh? Well He'll either end up like Miklós Horthy or find himself in his own battle of the Trafalgar eventually."

Zero looked back at the wily fox, "TSMC invested in their factories 3 years ago and apple has been looking for a backup for a long time now. Our 'ASSes' could work for them, but our boss likes to work industry leaders, not small upstarts like them...."

"Bah you short sellers are all the same, candied words full of self-interest, promises, and a dagger at the end", said sir Gou.

"Yes but whose back the dagger stabs into is still unknown", Zero offered.

"So who are you looking to stab?", Terry Gou starting to stare at Zero with a little more focus.

Zero could feel the beads of sweat start to form, but his mind was clear and calm "Mr. Tao, Lawrence, and Nikolas."

"I know about Mr. Tao and Lawrence, one's the aristocrat and the other a world-class mathematician. Received a field's metal, but who the hell is this Nikolas guy....", Terry Gou started to frown, clearly showing displeasure for wasting his time.

"You may know him as Nikolasshum", other nicknames include the doggerel of Kentucky, Metronome incorporated, Ican'tremember.

"you don't mean that Nikolasshum...", Terry Gou said to himself

"The very same", Zero confirmed.

Terry Gou, was mildly surprised by the information. His face was clearly taken aback for a moment, but then the wheels began to turn. Zero could tell he was thinking quite deeply and soon it looked like sir Gou thought process was done.

"He isn't the CEO of Foxconn for nothing", thought Zero.

Soon afterwards Terry Gou's whole demeanor and face lit up....

"I see....", Terry said with a sign of realization, "Mr. Unknown.... that's who your boss is right? Rumor has it he's the doctor of Spin and inherited his skills from the great Malcolm Tucker..."

"I wouldn't know, otherwise why would he be called Mr. Unknown...", shrugged Zero.

the young Zero and sir Terry Gou stared at each other eye to eye for a moment. They both fell silent and the conversation seemed to have reached it's peak. Neither one was budging, a silent tension was building up. As they stood there for 1 second, 3 seconds, 5 seconds....

Then they laughed and shook hands.

"I look forward to working with you", said Zero.

"The pleasure is all mine" Terry Gou said.

Zero sighed, another tiring task completed. he'd leave the rest to Jae-hyun, it was time for ChallengeGod to do his part!

0