Chapter 15: Goddess (level: OMG!) “I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night”
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hilda raised a hand to shield her eyes from the bright flame. She opened her mouth to recite some random blessing that sprang into her mind but the fire spoke first.

“You’re to be one of the eleven Captains of the Thousand who will lead a great dwarf fleet from their dark caves to fulfill their destiny among the stars.”

The voice coming from the flame was so strong it left the dwarf’s ears ringing and her brain rattling. Hilda wondered how many dwarfs received such a great honor with their tits hanging out. Not that she wanted or needed it...

Hilda cleared her dry throat. “Um, who am I that I should--”

But she was already back in her nameless little pond, floating on her back and looking at the starry night. Even though she had no audience but the creepy frog, Hilda still whispered the blessing that was on her lips.

“Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

Shit. That wasn’t a blessing. It was a poem, and an elf poem at that. Oh well...

In any case, the darkness didn't scare her: the scattering of yellow eyes peering through the bushes did.

0