EDENS BRIDGE Chapter 1
104 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I was a kid I went camping with my dad I don’t remember much about the trip however just that I got bitten by a snake and was rushed to the hospital after being there all of fifteen minutes which is a shame since I could really use the experience from camping right now.

 

“Where the hell am I?”

 

I asked myself that dumb question but the answer to it was simple I was in a forest it was filled to the brim with tall pine trees, small rocks and little patches of flowers and other plants. that isn't the reason as to my confusion though no the real reason I’m so confused is that a second ago I was in the middle of a fully populated city.

 

 

 

 

There I sat in an almost completely deserted lobby with only me and the receptionist occupying it. I was completely drenched in puddle water due to a car splashing me as it drove past me so I tried to clean it up using some toilet paper I grabbed from the company bathroom but it wasn’t helping that much which was a pain since I had an important job interview and was already messing it up.

 

*Rip*

 

“Dammit” I mumbled to myself.

 

As I sat there trying to dry myself, my pant leg got caught under my leg and as I shifted to dry the other side of my suit I accidentally ripped it. Honestly, what’s the universe got against me? especially today.

 

“Will?”

 

I then heard a woman’s voice call my name, freaking out I threw the toilet paper in the trash can beside me and shifted my pants so it wouldn’t be as visible before getting up and greeting her.

 

“Um yes that’s me I’m Will nice to meet you”

 

I then went to shake her hand but she didn’t return the handshake instead looking me up and down with a look that screamed really?

 

“Trouble with the wardrobe?” She asked with a kind and polite tone.

 

“Um yeah sorry about this a car splashed me with water as it went by and I didn’t have time to change”

 

“No that’s okay I understand, sorry about that I’ve already wasted enough time follow me”

 

“O-Okay” I responded a little nervous.

 

We then made our way through the companies hallway but due to my pants being ripped and me trying my best to conceal them I struggled to keep up until eventually after what seemed like forever we stopped in front of a door on the right side of the hallway, the assistant started to knock.

 

*knock*

 

*knock*

 

“Come in” A gruff old sounding voice responded to the knock.

 

The assistant then opened the door and told me to follow her inside.

 

“Mr Jeffreys Will Campbells here for the interview”

 

“Hmm alright then thanks you can go now”

 

And with that, she left without saying another word.

 

I then looked over to the man that was supposed to be interviewing me he wore a black suit with an Orange tie with green polkadots weird choice but I’m not one to judge, he also had a short and sharp looking hair cut, his hair was greying I assume due to old age and he had an expression that said he was done with everything meanwhile I just stood there like an idiot waiting for him to speak not sure of what to say but thankfully I didn’t need to as he eventually lifted his head up and spoke.

 

“What are you wearing?....no wait you know what I don’t care just sit down”

 

I then sat down on the chair that was directly opposite of him trying my best to look professional though it was hard due to a mix of both my nerves and my current outfit.

 

So Will why is it you want to work here” he asked getting straight to the point.

 

“W-Well….y-you see I want to work here because…..” I couldn’t finish my sentence I was too nervous and drawing a blank.

 

Mr Jeffreys then sighed before looking at me and speaking again.

 

“Look son by the looks of things you’ve had a rough day and I can understand that, it may have thrown you off so how about this if we’re still hiring in the next two months you can get your shit together and we’ll try this again”

 

My heart sank after hearing that I really needed this job “wait please just let me try again I promise you I’ll do better” I said with a desperate voice.

 

“Sorry kid but I don’t have time to run you through the interview good luck I hope you end up landing on your feet soon”

 

And with that, he pointed me to the door.

 

“Thank you for your time,” I said before heading for the door feeling completely defeated.

 

I then felt the biggest wave of regret and embarrassment I’ve ever felt before all I could think to myself as I passed people while showing off my green underwear was why me? What the hell did I do?

 

I eventually got to the lobby saying goodbye to the receptionist as I passed by I then got my phone out ready to call my parents and give them the news.

 

After I finished dialling the number I held the phone up to my ear and heard it ring as I walked out the door.

 

*Ring Ring*

 

*Ring Ring*

 

“Ah, crap!” Suddenly I was hit by a bright light that blinded me for a minute.

 

“What the hell wasn’t it just raining?” I asked myself but before I could think too much about it however I heard a robotic voice speak to me.

 

“I’m sorry but the number you have dialled is unavailable right now ple—“ I then hung up and tried again but it was no use I got the same automated message.

 

“Strange I’m sure that’s the right number,” I asked myself confused.

 

I couldn’t make heads or tails of it When finally my vision adjusted to the blinding light and was now able to see right in front of me.

 

“What…the…fuck” I ended up blurting that out loud not really realising what I said I was too busy processing everything.

 

It was a forest and a pretty big looking one at that the trees were massive and seemed to go on forever from my point of view.

 

“Where the hell am I, where’s?”

 

I then looked behind me but didn’t see the building I just came out of instead all I saw was the same familiar landscape seriously what happened to me? Did I die? What am I gonna do?

 

“Dammit” I gritted my teeth why me? What did I do?

 

I honestly had no clue of what to do now all I knew was that I had to find some civilisation so I chose a random direction and started to walk hoping I’d find something or someone that could help me.

 

 

 

 

Two hours passed according to my phone and all I saw was the same scenery over and over no matter how far I walked it all looked the same.

 

At least that’s what I thought until I spotted something out of the corner of my eye I then turned my head and squinted trying to get a better look, it looked like a river.

 

Even though it wasn’t a city or house I was just happy I found something different. I then started to walk over deciding to first get a drink then follow the river downstream.

 

And after a little over a minute, I finally made it to the river I was right and glad to have found it. I then went closer to it and kneeled down scooping the water into my mouth.

 

“Thank god” Is what I thought to myself I don’t know whats happened to me but finding a water source means I’m not gonna die of dehydra…….

 

Before finishing that thought however I noticed something on the opposite side of the river that made my heart sink with sheer terror.

 

“Legs?”

 

I never thought of associating legs with fear but it was the size and implications that scared me they were massive each one was at the very least the size of a bus standing vertically.

 

*Gulp*

 

I then looked higher up seeing that they were in fact legs and that they belonged to something massive though the sun blocked me from seeing much else.

 

“Shit” I immediately got up and started to run straight into the forest not wanting to wait and see what that thing does.

 

*Slip*

 

“Crap” right after getting up however and attempting to run away I somehow managed to trip and fall hitting my head on a rock on the way down.

 

“Ow”

 

It was now perfectly clear to me that the universe really well and truly hated me.

0