EDENS BRIDGE Chapter 3
118 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been three days since I was brought here and forced into this situation and honestly, I hate it I’ve got nothing to do all day except eat, sleep and do my business which trust me gets old pretty quick and speaking of which I have to do it in some random wooden bucket Kara gave me which I have to empty out the window every time I use it otherwise it starts to stink up my living space.

 

And speaking of Kara my saviour (Kidnapper) she’s nowhere to be seen the only time I see her is when she walks past the table to go to the kitchen and when she comes to give me food and water which is once every eight or so hours I wouldn’t know however since my phone died two days ago.

 

Honestly, It might sound like I’m complaining a lot but to me, I felt justified this whole situation was just straight up humiliating probably the most humiliating experience of my life and I’ve had quite a few in my life, it kind of felt like I was a pet…..

 

Screw that! Will Campbell's no ones pet! I’ll just have to get down and leave without Kara’s help, which was easier said than done since I’m at least 15m from the ground and have no climbing equipment on me.

 

Now think Will think the whole reason Kara won’t help you down and let you leave is because you can’t get down yourself which makes absolutely no sense since, if I could get down myself in the first place I wouldn’t need her help was she an idiot? Or was she just being a bitch honestly I didn’t care either way since I knew she wasn’t gonna help me get down and I planned to leave anyway so there was no point in trying to figure her out.

 

I then started to look around my surroundings to see if there was something that I could use to climb down or maybe something I could jump on that’ll lead me down without having to break any bones.

 

After walking along the table I couldn’t find anything I could use the only items I saw were a giant cup filled with water That I was given to bathe in, a chest about three times taller than me with who knows what in it since I didn’t have a key and even if I did I probably couldn’t lift it anyway. But besides that there was a bag around my height which I was able to open and after looking in I saw a bunch of coins probably this worlds currency there were some bronze, some silver and a few gold ones sprinkled in though those were rare.

 

She must be pretty confident though leaving a bag filled with this worlds currency and thinking I won’t be able to take it well guess what I’m taking the gold ones, I then began looking through it all grabbing all the gold coins I could find, I didn’t know how much they were worth but since there’s few I assume it’s a decent amount.

 

I then went back to doing my original goal but besides that mostly useless crap I didn’t have anything I could use to climb down I then went to inspect my makeshift bed since I might be able to do something with that.

 

After getting closer I noticed that besides my blanket my bed was made up of sheets and other blankets to use as padding, even my pillow was a blanket squished up and wrapped in a small sheet which honestly, I’m not sure how she managed to do that since her fingers were so big and that knot was tied using precision that I just couldn’t see her being capable of at that size.

 

I then came up with the idea that maybe I could tie the sheets and blankets to make a rope since there were a ton here I then untied the sheets and started the process of retying them into a rope.

 

 

 

 

After about half an hours worth of work I finally finished, there were a few times where I got nervous that Kara might walk in and catch me tying them but it’s been pretty quiet the last few hours so I think I’m safe for another hour or so.

 

I then grabbed my homemade rope and threw it over the table hanging onto the opposite end but after taking a moment to see how far it went down all I could feel was disappointment it didn’t even reach halfway down the table.

 

(Fuck) 

 

“Fuck” 

 

I both thought and said simultaneously all of that effort for nothing I kept fucking up trying to tie that rope either I tied it too short so that it wouldn’t have a chance or I tied it too long so that when I tried to use it it wouldn’t hold and I’d end up falling.

 

“Dammit, what now?”

 

I decided to look at my surroundings outside of the table hoping there was something close that I might be able to connect my rope to or something.

 

Let’s see on my left there wasn’t much just the door leading outside and another smaller table with nothing on it on the right-hand side of it while on my right was just the entrance to the kitchen honestly now that I noticed it there wasn’t much decoration which I guess is understandable due to the height difference it’s probably harder to come by stuff with much variety but that’s just an assumption, I could be completely wrong.

 

I then noticed something and had a stupid Idea “the chair” I looked at the chair Kara had used when talking to me and noticed something, it’s not that far from the table only three maybe five meters pulled out maybe I can use the robe to hook onto it and swing landing on the chair, then using the rope I can climb down. No that won’t work I don’t have anything to secure it even if I could make that shot.

 

Maybe I could jump onto the chair? But even if I made it it’s still a long drop and if I fuck it up I could still hurt myself badly unless….I cushion my fall.

 

“That’s it!” I then untied my rope which I won’t lie made me a little sad I then bunched up the thickest blankets I could and tied them into a ball using a few different sheets. I then tested it, it was cushioned enough so that if I jumped off from this and landed onto the chair I probably wouldn’t get that hurt I might get a bruise or two but that’s a small price to pay for freedom.

 

I then grabbed my makeshift cushion and headed to the edge of the table after looking down however I calculated where I should jump from deciding to do it from an angle to the right of the chair since it was tilted due to how Kara left it after getting up.

 

I then backed up a few metres psyching myself up since I was pretty nervous about this and after I was ready started to run holding the cushion just above my head so that I could run faster and see where I was going and just as I got to the edge I jumped.

 

Honestly while leaping into the air I felt pretty good not only because of the adrenaline but also because my ego felt bigger and better than ever before as a result of my idea seeming to work but as I got closer to my destination my feeling of brilliance and accomplishment turned into feelings of Depression and regret as I could tell I wasn’t going to reach the chair.

 

Dammit if I hit the floor from here I’m not gonna make it unscathed and as I got closer and closer to the ground my life flashed before my eyes I saw every major detail of every major experience in my life honestly not all were good most were pretty embarrassing actually and as I looked back on all my mistakes in life I closed my eyes ready to hit the ground violently.

 

But it never came instead I felt a slight thud but nothing as violent as what I was expecting I then opened my eyes and what I saw I wasn’t expecting it was Kara holding me up with both her hands looking pretty out of it trying to catch her breath.

 

And after witnessing this all I could do or say was “Oh shit” I wasn’t scared or anything I was just genuinely surprised she managed to catch me I didn’t see her at all when I started running that means she must have seen me, ran to catch me and actually succeed to catch me in probably less than five seconds honestly I was impressed and a little grateful I didn’t end up a pancake on the floor.

 

After lowering her arms a little and catching her breath she lifted her head to look up at me and she didn’t look happy.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?” She said seeming both tired and annoyed

 

“I—“

 

She cut me off clearly not done with her lecture “Seriously what was going through your head when you decided to jump off the table with only a few blankets and thin sheets to cushion your fall?”

 

“Wel—“ 

 

She did it again “And to top it all off I had to run faster than I ever have in the past 10 years just to prevent you from becoming a literal broken mess all over the floor” she then lowered her head so it was resting on the floor before speaking again “Seriously what is wrong with you?” She mumbled into the floor

 

Well shit I did it this time she looked pretty annoyed with me honestly I thought it would work since I was only a few metres away but I guess my launch was off a bit after thinking this to myself however I looked back at her as she laid her head onto the floor I actually felt kinda bad but the whole reason I did this was so that I could leave so I just came clean.

 

“I wanted to leave”

 

“What?” She asked looking back up at me

 

“In case I wasn’t clear I don’t want to be here right now don’t get me wrong I’m grateful to you for saving me and if I could actually pay you back I would but right now I have people that I need to find that probably think I’m either dead or kidnapped which I basically am since you refuse to let me go honestly, You ask what’s wrong with me? I’m annoyed I know you helped me and have your own reasons for not letting me leave but to be completely straight with you between trying to get back to my family and friends and potentially dying in the process I’d rather staying on that table doing nothing all day while knowing and letting them worry. I’d honestly rather try to get back to them sorry if that sounds rude but I’ve had enough I’ve waited several days with you barely even talking to me. Whenever I try to talk to you about it you always brush it off so I feel bad saying this and all but please just mind your own business and let me go!”

 

I’d had enough I didn’t like arguing and being rude to people like that but I’d had enough it’s been days and she’s been avoiding me the entire time I then looked back at her expecting some huge negative reaction similar to before like anger or sadness but nope I didn’t get any of that instead she looked at me calmly before speaking.

 

“Fine then” she then tilted her hand causing me to fall off before getting up herself towering over me

 

“Go on I won’t get in your way if you want to go then that’s fine go” she said sounding like she truly didn’t care though I don’t know whether that was acting or if she genuinely had enough.

 

“Okay fine I will”

 

“Good” She replied

 

“Great” I responded

 

“Perfect!” She added almost yelling

 

I then made a loud sigh before heading to the door and after taking the first few steps I began to realise how far the door was and how awkward my storm off truly was. Eventually though I made it to the door and soon found myself encountering another problem, I couldn’t open it I then looked at Kara looking for some assistance.

 

“Don’t look at me I’m not gonna get in your way remember I’m sure you can handle this on your own right? Unless you think the doors gonna kill you then you won’t be able to make it back right?”

 

Yep she was pissed and petty too as it turns out but she was right it’s just a door I’m not gonna let this get in my way I then got close to the door and lowered myself onto my back I then gripped the bottom of the door trying to wriggle my way through which was hard since I could barely fit through in the first place and had to tilt my head to the side since it didn’t fit properly otherwise, but eventually after making it halfway through something happened…..I was stuck.

 

I tried to wriggle out but I couldn’t go anywhere just staying in the same spot unable to move forward or back and after a long struggle I eventually gave up deciding to accept my fate.

 

 

Kara Pov

 

“Oh crap he might actually die to the door”

 

As I watched his pathetic attempt of trying to get past the door I noticed soon after that he stopped moving. At first I thought he was catching his breathe since it looked tiring but after a while, I soon realised he wasn’t going to move again.

 

I then sighed before grabbing his right leg and pulling him out from under the door.

 

“Hey what are you?”

 

He then spoke but I didn’t give him time to finish his sentence instead I hoisted him up by his leg with one hand and opened the door with the other I then walked out with him, rearranging him so he was kneeling on the palm of my hand and after he saw the outside of my house I could visibly see him lose all hope of getting back by himself.

 

What I told him was that I brought him to my home what I neglected to tell him however was that my house was being lifted by up by a giant tree to help protect it from monsters not because I was trying to be mean and crush his hopes of leaving when he eventually did find out but because I didn’t want him sulking until I figured out what to do about the situation.

 

“So you get it now? leaving my house isn’t the only obstacle you’ll face if you go off alone, without being prepared there are even things out there that can kill me if I’m not careful”

 

I had no choice but to hit him with hard facts since there was no way he could survive on his own and the one time I asked him where he was from he refused to tell me so I’m just going to assume he either doesn’t know or doesn’t want to tell me and lied about him wanting to see his loved ones honestly he must be a noble or something only they can be this hard to deal with when lost.

 

I then closed the door and headed back over to the table putting him back down once I got there I then picked up his homemade cushion and threw it gently onto the table.

 

“Okay now then you can try what you did again I won't stop you and If you manage to do it all by yourself and think you're ready then you can go, leave and never come back I won’t stop you all I’m asking is that you think it through first”

 

I then left him alone again already feeling exhausted from dealing with him.

 

 

Wills Pov

 

I then watched as she disappeared into her room yet again I then looked at my cushion again before grabbing it.

 

She said I could leave if I could make it and that she wouldn’t do anything to stop me. And I’m sure I could too I just have to get my first jump right and afterwards figure out how to climb down the tree safely it’ll just take some thinking I’m sure of it.

 

I then looked over to the door before looking back at my cushion taking a deep sigh before undoing it. who was I kidding it’s hopeless, even if I make it down this oversized treehouse I’m completely vulnerable since I have no knowledge or even weapons to defend myself.

 

And with that, I began making my makeshift bed again so I could just lay down and forget this horrible day at least until I wake up. 

0