Chapter 5. The Saintess Who Fell From The Sky : Mai Anh Thư
52 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Dương had a little smile on his face, teasing her as he wouldn’t stop swim-floating right in front of her, behind the mask Anh Thư rolled her eyes. “ What? “. 

 

“ You spoke up, saintess, in front of a big crowd. “, the merman let out a giggle. She chuckled in response. 

 

“ I suppose that’s another step forward, huh? “. 

 

He vigorously nodded and laid on his back, still floating above the air, with his two hands placed behind his head. Dương had his eyes closed and slightly curved on his lips still remains intact, “ Saintess, what was your world like? “. 

 

Thư froze, her expression darkened. She looked over to see Dương slowly get back up, his face symbolized a shade of worryness, his small palm touched the line of her shoulder. Her old world seemed to be a sensitive subject. His master snapped out of her trance and forced a bright smile, she hated to trouble him, “ That’s a story for another time”.

 

The air around them was somewhat tense and Anh Thư cursed herself. Way to ruin the mood! She mentally face palmed herself as they began exiting the Alchemy Center. 

 

“ Excuse me, may I have a little of your time? “, a honeyed female voice called out to them. They both turned around to see an attractive girl bathed in pink robes. Thư almost let out the biggest gasp of her life. Oh my god, it’s the female lead! The female lead is talking to us! Dương side eyed his master and tilted his head towards Linh Đa, an obvious “You handle this”. 

 

Anh Thư respectfully bowed, “ Greetings, my lady “. 

 

“ Oh there’s really no need to be so formal! “, Linh shook her hand with a flustered expression, clearly not expecting the bowing and the whole “my lady” honorifics. She was a noble woman, yes, but very few individuals paid respect to her standings. 

 

“ Earlier, thank you so much for giving me the chance to talk. “ 

“ Oh! There’s nothing to thank me for, really! I’m sure you would have elaborated it just as fine even if I didn’t ask in front of the whole crowd. “, it’s true. In the original book, despite all of the mockery, Linh kept her head high and continued explaining the ingredient to the cure. 

 

“ That is true but, you did make it easier. You were willing to hear me out, why else would you ask? “ 

 

“ Well..”, Thư looked troubled as she averted her eyes to the side. The female lead has such an intense gaze, it kinda shook her soul for a bit. It’s like she can see her through this mask. Linh let you a small chuckle and she reached out to take Thư's hand. 

 

JNDJKNEJNEJE HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK- 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Anh Thư internally screamed, thank god she had this mask on! Her eyes are on the verge of escaping their sockets right now, her poor cheeks never had a proper break, once again heated up in response. 

 

She smells so good, why is her hand so warm, why is she so pretty. The thoughts hit her all at once. Dương was judging her from the side, glaring with his arms crossed.   

 

“ I would like you to accept this, take it as my gratitude. “, reflected by the sunlights and casting rainbows shades on Anh Thư’s palm was a ring. Delicately melted out of gold with 5 blue stones placed into each center on the circle, leaving a fair amount of distance between them, it was a simple design. Peering from her shoulder, the little merman parted his lips in surprise. 

 

Not used to receiving gifts and expensive ones at that! The brunette quickly gives the ring back only to face the female’s lead, sparkly, puppy eyes. “ You wouldn’t accept this? You’re right, this is not enough for your generosity!”. 

 

“ WAIT WAIT- THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT “, Out of reflex she took back the ring and was about to put it on her middle finger. “ See? I’m gonna take it so please don’t feel ba-”, Linh cut her off by putting the ring on another finger. 

 

What finger did she put it on? 

 

“ Well then, I hope to see you again, miss. “ 

 

The female lead turned her back to walk away, her raven hair lightly caressing the wind, leaving a speechless Anh Thư. Dương was quick to fly out of her shoulder, floating all over her. 

 

“ Saintess, am I tripping or did she put the ring on your fourth finger? The one where it symbolizes for marriage-” 

 

“ Yep. “, clearly in shock and caught in a trance. Thư calmly responded, causing her guide to furrow his eyebrows. From looking at the expressionless mask covering her face right now, it kinda looked like she treated this as a normal occasion. 

 

“ How are you so calm with this? “. 

 

“.... “ 

 

Dương shook his head in disappointment, she’s clearly in no condition to answer him properly right now! He decided to change the subject.

 

“ The female lead...she’s...strange “. 

 

Upon hearing that, Anh Thư snapped out of her daydream and looked at him. 

 

“ How so? “. 

 

“ You notice how I’m always around you and no one seems to say anything? “, she shook her head. 

 

“ That’s because they can’t see me, no one can except you and the other two saints-” 

 

“ There’s 2 more saints? Not just me? “. 

 

This stopped Thư from walking, behind the mask, her face was clearly one of astonishment. So, it wasn’t just her! Fantastic! She immediately collided her fists by putting them on top of another. Dương smiled for a brief second, relieved that her mood seemed to lighten. “ Yeah, you’ll meet them soon. Okay but, back to the female lead, she was glancing right at me sometimes. Something about her gaze makes me feel like she can see me, you know? “. She nodded in agreement, lost in thoughts. 

 

It makes sense if Linh could indeed see him. She is the female lead after all, anything is possible. 

Anh Thư looked at her hand, then the ring, then the sensation of Linh’s skin rubbed over hers. This time her cheeks weren’t the only thing velvet in color, infact, her whole face was heating up at this point. Was the sun cooking her today? 

 

She vigorously shook her head and went back to walking down the town with Dương.  There really wasn’t anything outstanding today besides the many food stalls, they’ve explored so much of the town yesterday. It was different from big cities, she felt less intimidated with the town’s way of displaying products. Something about it made her feel somewhat serene. 

 

This was the environment Thư wanted to live in. 

 

All of a sudden Dương tugged her hair out of habit, she jumped in response, he was pointing at something, her eyes followed the direction of his finger. 

 

“ Is that you? “. Me? Thư’s jaw slowly opened itself, having full potential to touch the ground right now, it was her! A painting of her at that! She slowly walked towards the painting shop, already shocked for the second time today. 

 

Her finger caressed the drawing’s surface, it was wonderfully crafted with great care. Whoever the artist is, they sure do have skills! The details were insane. She took in everything. Thư was painted with a dignified, beautiful features with her eyes closed, embraced in light blue robes with white silk floating around her body, she was standing on a white lotus. And finally, her hand went from tracing the petal in her hand to the light smile on her face. 

 

Behind Thư mask lies a child-like face, bright and emotional at the very sight. No one has ever painted her, not this rich in life, so lovely and ethereal. 

 

Not gonna lie. I teared up a bit. Anh Thư couldn’t wipe them away due to her mask. 

 

Dương was just as speechless and he muttered, “ Today sure is something.. “. 

 

They were still staring at the painting, obviously so engrossed with its colors, definitely not noticing a young man leaning on the side of his shop with his arms crossed. 

 

“ Are you up to buying anything, customer? “, he had a smooth voice as if soaked in deep wine. She kind of whipped her head to his direction so fast, her neck was on the verge of snapping. Thư was definitely not prepared to see such a handsome figure. 

 

He wasn’t wearing anything remarkable, just a white sleeved top and black long pants, with a bit of paint smeared on the fabric. It didn’t seem to cease anyone’s ability to recognise how gorgeous he was though. What was intriguing about him was his silver hair, wrapped in a messy bun, the hairstyle added to his mysterious charm.  

 

Dương whispered during his breath, “ Damn… “. 

 

Yeah, damn was an understatement buddy. You okay? You look like you’re having a sexuality crisis right now. Anh Thư took her eyes off the attractive guy and squinted at her little guide. 

 

A minute of silences went by, then another, then another one. 

 

“ Are you not going to answer him? “, Dương jabbed her shoulder with his elbow. It was a small impact but very effective in riling her up. 

 

Bastard. She unconsciously rolled her eyes. 

 

It’s okay, the guy can’t see you through this mask. 

 

“ Oh, we’re just admiring this painting...are you the painter? “, Thư's heart surely did beat against her chest harder than usual. Come on! Just one fucking sentence, you only said one sentence, why are you so nervous?! 

 

“ I’m afraid I am “. 

 

Afraid?...afraid of what, pretty boy? 

 

“ You...uh-, you certainly have skills! “, Thư said and felt herself relaxed a bit. 

 

“ Huh? “ 

 

Never mind. 

 

She was back to being tense. One of the things she hated about talking to people is having the courage to finally say something, then they end up not hearing it and ask you to repeat yourself. Or, they’re speaking and you talk over them. One of the worst things ever, Thư relentlessly squeezed her hand. 

 

“ I said you certainly have skills, I just don’t know why you painted her though “.

“ You may or may not have heard of that girl who fell from heaven “.

 

“ …….Ah.. “, that was all she could say. 

 

“ She’s quite the hot topic, believe it or not “, The painter softly chuckled as he held a brush. Thư used all of her will powers to not flinch when he went to stand beside him, his shoulder scraping over hers, his brush traced on the painting. He was tracing her hair. “ I paint everything I see, anything that entices me “.

 

Dương puckered his lips, his eyes widened in size, beside him was a frozen Anh Thư. 

 

Entices him? ENTICES HIM? Holy god, why don’t you just take me alread-. Wait no.  

 

Thư flinched when the painter leaned in close to her masked face. “ You know, you have the same hair color as her too. An interesting palette of brown and gold plus the curvy texture too “. He held a soft strand of her hair, she couldn’t do anything other than just standing there. Dương was definitely about to burst into a blob of mermaid liquids now, the painter was close to his face too, not that he was complaining though. 

 

Ahaha...thanks, you’ll get this color too if you perm your hair every year. It’s called hair damage!! 

 

The strand of hair on his hand quickly was reverted back behind her ears, she nervously laughed behind the mask, having a very deep urge to trackstar runner herself out of there. “ It was lovely to meet you but I believe we-I mean, I have something to attend to “. Thư didn't forget to bow out of courtesy and hurried out of the painter’s shop. 

 

Literally holding an protesting Dương in her first, she was quick to pace towards the opposite direction, dying to go home and just lay on her bed. Today was too much, enough human interactions! I’m going back home. Seeing the masked girl bailed for her life, the painter couldn’t help but let out a little giggle, the sight was rather comical. He only wanted to mess around her for a little bit, he was amused at her attempts into acting calm behind that mask. 

 

“ Too bad she didn’t see what I wanted her to see. “, the painter brushed over the drawing of her fingers, she was wearing a ring with blue stones. “ Perhaps, I should have spoken a little later? “.  

 

The dignified male’s face faded away, emerging the features of a noble lady. His silver hair faded into that of black silks, the plain white clothing bursted out in flames of pink garments. 

 

“Linh Đa" reached to untie her hair bun, releasing the bundle of black like coats. She quickly removed the painting tied to the wall and carefully rolled it up, her red lips curved from both corners. “ This was just as entertaining as I said it would be “.  

1