Chapter 1 – Ms. Kol’s Perspective
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1 - Ms. Kol’ Perspective 

“When I imagined him coming down the aisle, I could have never thought it would be in a casket,” I concluded with a smile. I make my way back over to the car.

My secretary quickly follows me from behind as we get in to go back to the office. Of course, i’d never stick around for a funeral. Those types of gatherings bore me.

“The hero didn’t react Ms. Kol,” my secretary June informs me.

“Of course he didn’t react. It’s just a funeral, he could care less,” I explain crossing my legs. “He only cares when he finds out that a villain was the cause behind the persons death. Besides that he pays no attention and does as he calls it ‘letting the police handle it,’ I add on sighing.

June puts the papers back into her portfolio and nods. “Oh I see,” she replies.

The hero is playing a game that he yet knows the rules of and it’s already fun.

“Then if it doesn’t matter since the hero doesn’t notice, why did you kill him?” June interrupts me as I’m getting comfortable.

I sit up and look June in the eye. “One, the family that knows that he didn’t die of natural causes will get frustrated at the fact that the police won’t investigate their case. They’ll start trying to make their voices be heard and it’ll force the hero to come out and say something so he doesn’t look bad” I explain. “And two, he pointed out that chicken nuggets don’t have nuggets in them. Therefore he deserved to die, he ruined lunch for me.”

“You have quite the humor Ms. Kol,” June says forcing a smile.

“Indeed I do, a powerful tool to influence and gain peoples trust,” I say waving my cake pop around.

When the driver finally turns and parks at the curb I get out the left side. My favorite coffee shop of course, and the only place where I don’t despise the employees that work there.

“Stay in the car June and tell the devil that he owes me fifty bucks for winning the bet!” I call back to her.

I open the door of the coffee shop and walk in. My heels were quite loud and seemed to draw attention as I walked in.

While going over to my favorite table I notice that there is a camera sitting on it. Curiosity got the best of me and as soon as I got to the table I picked up the camera. I turn it on with the red button sitting on the side and as soon as it turns on I notice the first thing that pops up is a picture of me.

“How peculiar,” I mumble aloud.

As I continue to go through the gallery on the camera more and more pictures of me showed up. Looking at the dates they were all from the past month of me going to this coffee shop.

It seems I have a stalker. I smile, their quite sneaky if I haven’t managed to catch them yet. I’m assuming one of the employees must have saw whoever placed it at my table.

I sit down and put my bag on the right side of my chair. A waitress finally comes over to take my order.

“I’m Lucy and I will be serving you today, what can I get you?” The waitress asked politely.

I force a kind smile and reply, “I would like a large Honey Milk Latte please.”

“Of Course,” she returns the smile curtly.

“Oh, and before you go, do you know who put this camera here?” I ask her quickly before she ran off.

“I don’t know who put it there. I never noticed until you pointed it out,” she informs me before going back to the counter.

Are all the employees blind like her? Or does no one really not pay attention. Rolling my eyes I set aside the camera.

Looking outside I notice that the trees’ leaves where changing color. Autumn is already here i’m assuming. The streets are just as busy too, although it’s not surprising for it to be busy since it’s a New York kind of morning.

There’s really no use in worrying about a stalker if all their going to do is take pictures. Their not going to find out anything from just doing that. Also being one of the most popular women in New York I wouldn’t be surprised if some other measly company was spying on me.

“Your Honey OatMilk Latte miss,” the waitress says as she sets my drink down in front of me.

“Thank you,” I reply with a curt nod.

I smiled as the thick, creamy mixture entered my mouth and the sweetness of it hit the right spot. I leave the payment and tip on the table and pick up my cup and leave.

Getting back into the car I glance over at June and it was nice to see her hard at work. Or less sarcastically, she’s scrolling through social media. Sitting my cup down I comment, “Hard at work June?”

She turns off her phone and gives me a nervous laugh.

“Yup,” she replies.

When we arrive back at the office I throw my bags on the floor and drag my feet up the stairs towards the elevator. Pressing the ‘13th’ floor I wait for the elevator to stop.

Once the elevator doors swing open I head up and open the doors to my office without bothering to close them. Jumping into my chair I take off my heels and toss them under my desk.

The phone rang and as I picked up it was of course June at the front desk.

“Mrs. Ross wants to see you Ms. Kol,” she informs me.

I heave out a big sigh, “Let her in,” I answer and hang up.

I sat up in my chair and acted like I was doing something productive as I waited for Mrs. Ross to come in.

It only took a minute or two before I hear the frantic clicking of Mrs. Ross’s footsteps down the hall towards my office. She stormed in with a worried expression on her face, and stopped in front of my desk.

Mallory dear, I’m so sorry. It’s been awhile,” Mrs. Ross says in a calm but frantic tone.

I narrowed my eyes at her, “It’s too late for apologizing when you decided to attempt to push me off a cliff two days ago Mrs. Ross,” I say reminding her. I tapped my foot impatiently.

“I really do apologize Mallory, I really do. Is there anything I can do to make up for it?” Mrs Ross said pleading at this point.

“Yes actually, if you would really like to make up for your mistake to make it even then Mr. Ron here would be more than happy to push you off a cliff,” I say smiling at her innocently.

I watched as Mrs. Ross stood there in fear, as her expression looked deathly. I feel almost empowered to have the ability to chose someone’s fate so easily.

“Oh please Ms. Kol I wouldn’t want to take it that far-“ she began before I cut her off.

“No no Mrs. Ross, you have to be a woman of your word. It’s the most respectful thing you can do for me now without angering me anymore than I already am,” I explain to her sternly. “Mr. Ron please show Mrs. Ross the cliff side, and please do cover her mouth. I don’t like hearing people annoyingly screaming for their life,” I finish, waving my hand towards the door.

I watched as Mr. Ron dragged Mrs. Ross out of my office and down the hallway. It seemed she must of grown a couple grey hairs realizing her mistake now. I got up to shut the doors and sat back down with a sigh.

I faced the door again.

“You can come in Mr. Hades,” I say signaling him in.

“Awe you caught me,” he complained.

He slowly walked into the room giving me a devilish smile. He sat in front of me.

“Murdering more innocent people Ms. Kol?” He asks as if he didn’t know the answer.

I roll my eyes at him and answer, “You call it murder but I call it a conversation starter Mr. Hades.”

He gets up and puts a fifty dollar bill on my desk.

“Here’s the fifty I owe you from the bet. I’ll be going now. Gimme a call if you need any deeds done,” he says yawning as he walked out of my office.

I reached over and pick the fifty dollar bill and put it in my pocket. Of course he’s running off to get himself into more trouble then he needs to be in right now.

Is this Chapter too short?
  • Yes Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Votes: 4 100.0%
Total voters: 4
1