Interlude: The Revenge of Unas and the Lie of Prima
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Throughout the story there will be interludes, explaining certain parts. There's a worldbuilding book as well if you're interested, and you can check it out.

The Revenge of Unas

As the children of Lunos and Solara walked upon the land, seas, and skies, they came upon the first creations of their parents. They saw them as inferior, for they had not the abilities as they. They saw them the same as the other animals: food. They would hunt them for sport, and eat their meat.

Their blood was quite delicious to them.

Solara and Lunos saw this, and it was not good. They themselves partook in the eating of mortals, but their children began to hunt them for sport instead of for nourishment.

Solara cherished her first creations, especially the DayWalkers. So much so that one of them gave her a child, Unas. The god of fire was quite strong and virtuous. He defended the mortals from his powerful siblings. They hated that someone with impure blood, was as stronger or sometimes stronger than him.

This was because of his many followers.

Unas created the first kingdom on Ionadis. He was a natural leader, and many of them followed him and his teachings.

Lunos had a child with a mortal as well. The goddess of ice and cold, Glaciei. She preferred the company of very few others. She had a much smaller kingdom, but it was mighty in its own right. She defended those in her dominion from her older siblings as well, protecting them for being hunted for sport.

Out of all her children, Solara loved Unas the most. It made the others very jealous. Glaciei was the most loved of the gods by Lunos, which made them jealous as well.

Unas and Glaciei met many times to discuss how to defend their people from the terror of their siblings. One night they made love, and created Veris, Stiva, Autu, and Bruma.

Their children presided over various parts of Ionadis, protecting their subjects from the tyranny of the gods.

This further enraged the gods.

No longer could they eat or kill as they pleased. Some gods pleaded with the others to cease. That they could find good will with the mortals. Others felt that they should teach Unas and Glaciei a lesson for taking away what they loved the most by taking away what they loved the most.

Glaciei loved flowers the most in the kingdom of Ionadis. They brought her great joy. One day the gods saw this, and knew what they must do. They gave her a small flask, a drink that they told her would make her have the ability to create as many flowers and plants as she pleased. Was a horrible lie. Whatever plant she touches dies.

Glaciei was filled with deep grief and sadness.

Unas was harder to trick once he had learned what happened to Glaciei. He was careful to make sure that they could not hurt what he loved.

Unas had a mortal wife, the witch Isolda. She was very weak in constitution, but very strong of the mind, since she was a Nightwalker. She knew how to use magic in the world because her life was filled with much pain. She turned her pain into power, and became a very strong witch.

She begat him only one child, a daughter named Toris.

Unas had many lovers, and many consorts that gave him many children, but Unas loved Toris the most of all his children. He kept her shielded from the world so that the gods could not hurt her. She was very naive, and was easily tricked by the gods.

They knew what they must do.

Marth, the god of death snuck into Toris’ chambers at night to kill her. It would be very easy, since she was a very small child. When he was about to strike her with his sword, she moved away, and was only wounded instead of killed. Her blood spilled upon the floor, and from it life was born. The ground beneath them grew flowers, the objects in her chambers came to life.

Instead of killing her, Marth took her away, to the heavens to use her blood for himself.

When Unas learned that Marth had taken his daughter he was filled with rage. He went across the lands searching for Marth but could not find him. One of the many gods, Vitas, the god of life, felt pity for Unas and told him where she was, in the heavens. Unas wept many tears, for he could never go to the heavens as he pleased, since he was a demigod.

He swore one day to get his revenge.

Isolda was a very cunning woman, and helped Unas for his revenge. She told him that the gods were very strong, and could never be killed, but they were simply power personified. If they could contain them they would never hurt another mortal again. So she told him to hold a large banquet, and invite all of the gods.

Unas did not think it was a good idea.

His older siblings hated him, and would never come to a feast of his.

Isolda told him she must give them something they could never resist; the flesh of mortals.

Unas killed the many criminals he could find, and cooked their flesh. He invited all the gods in the heavens and Ionadis. They all came, enticed by the promise of flesh and blood. Unas wept many tears for he would never see his daughter again. He hoped that Marth would bring her with him from the heavens, but he did not.

He was unsure if he should continue with his plot of revenge, but Isolda pressed him on. She too missed her child, and thought to forgive them if they returned her, but they did not. Marth stated that once someone was taken by Death, they would never return.

After their large feast and their partaking of sex, the gods were tired and full. They slept, their food and drink spiked with a sleeping elixir. Unas struck them all, one by to make sure they were weakened. Isolda used her magic to trap them all in many objects, forever barring them from using their powers to terrorize any mortal, ever again.

Isolda took much joy in it, as did Glaciei and Unas. It brought him great peace knowing that his people would be spared by the tyranny of the gods.

But he never came to find peace in his heart knowing that he could never meet Toris again. He felt that he was no different than his siblings. He also started to go mad for the desire of flesh. He partook in some of the food to blend in at the party, and now could no longer see his patrons as anything other than food.

In his pain he begged Isolda to free him, to kill him. But Isolda could never kill her husband, for she loved him so. Isolda took his power, and put it in a sword.

She kept it with her, until the end of her days.


Prima's Lie

All but Glaciei was the only god left to roam Ionadis.

She was not as charming as Unas, nor as cunning as Isolda, so she had very few followers. None wanted to listen to her, nor her children whom she tried to give reign over the former kingdoms. As the belief in her faded, so did her powers fade over time.

The only ones who held sway over the mortals were the children of Unas, for his past believers were strong, still hoping for his return.

Many mortals did not like the gods, but they still wanted to acquire the powers that they held. They did not like that the descendents of Unas ruled over them. They feared another day that they would desire their flesh and bone as well.

One day, a NightWalker who called herself Prima, had a cunning idea. She knew that the gods were born of the tears that fell to the sky, meteorites. So she took it upon herself in the dead of night to come upon one of them.

She took a piece of the star and took it home with her.

It had an unearthly glow and it memorized her. Her husband, Monere, did not like it. He felt it would only bring more trouble. Prima took her time to break apart the piece of the star, and small crystals fell out of it. Over many days she ground it into a small powder, and did many experiments with it.

One day she felt that she would use the power on a living thing.

So she took two fish from the sea and put them into a bucket. She sprinkled some of the powder on it, and from it sprung forth a man and woman of the sea. They had the top and bottom of a mortal, yet the tail end of the fish. Prima was excited by what she did. The man and the woman of the sea thanked her for giving them higher thought, and promised to take care of the domain of the ocean.

They would become King and Queen of the Seas.

Prima gleefully spread the powder on many animals, giving many creatures higher thought. They loved their new mother quite so, and did as they were told. They had domain over the lower creatures. Prima spread her powder into the air, breathing magic into the world.

Once she returned home, she told her husband Monere of her findings. He did not like what his wife did, and begged her to stop. Prima did not want to stop. She took the powder, and mixed it into a drink, giving her the power of the gods. Monere was in great fear of his wife. She told him that he should follow her or she would kill him because she did not trust him to keep how she obtained the power a secret.

Begrudgingly Monere drank of the mix Prima had concocted and gained the power of the gods as well.

Word spread far and wide of the new gods that walked the Earth, and their children that began to conquer kingdoms. The descendents of Unas and Glaciei were enraged. Their forefathers took the land in their name. They were the true rulers of Ionadis.

Prima and Monere took many followers, and of the ones they trusted the most, they gave them the Elixir of the Gods. With a new powerful army, Prima and Monere’s descendents unified all of Ionadis, killing many of the descendents of Unas and Glaciei.

Of those that were still living of the true rulers of Ionadis, they left to have their own smaller kingdom of Masona, over very little land. They vowed for the day they would take revenge and reclaim what was rightfully theirs.

Many of their subjects were DayWalkers, seeing as Unas’ father was one. They answered to only the true rulers of Ionadis and saw the new ones as usurpers.

The descendents of Monere and Prima, the des Regalis took many of the sacred texts and burned them. They created new ones in their own vain image. They told everyone that they were the true DayWalkers, and the subjects of Masona were wrong.

That they were born liars.

Over time the truth was forgotten, and the subjects of Masona sometimes doubt the truth themselves.

1