Inner Demons
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

October 30th, 1:16 PM

Fenton, Gabriel, and Ace were at the soccer field.

Many people had corralled themselves there, as the fence kept the corpses not intelligent enough to get through, and it was one of the few places untouched by the fire.

Ace was knocked out, after little sleep, and lots of crying. Once Ace had finally fallen asleep, Gabriel decided to make his thoughts known.

“I can’t stay with you two,” Gabriel whispered. “This is, I can’t do this. You’re going to drag me down to hell with you.”

“Don’t exaggerate,” Fenton said. “Sto-”

“No, nononnononoonono,” Gabriel shrilled. “You saw that. I saw that. His father turned into a monster, and then burst into flames.

Fenton looked at the grass and grit his plastic vampire teeth.

“That was… let’s not think about it,” Fenton mumbled.

“You don’t think that’s crazy,” Gabriel asked. “I know like half of this school can set things on fire, abilities or not, but that was not normal.

“I’m afraid too, but if you leave on your own, you’ll die.”

“If I die I’ll go to heaven. Around you two, that’s impossible.

Gabriel stomped off and Fenton didn’t try to stop him.

He laid down in the grass next to Ace, and whimpered, his head pounding, the world spinning. Fenton wanted nothing more than to run away and never look back, but he didn’t want to leave Ace alone.

His entire body ached more than ever again. Fenton’s clothes barely fit, as he continued to grow from using his ability continuously. He was now six feet tall, his shoes were too small, and it was hard for him to walk with the sudden shift in height.

Fenton rolled onto his side and saw the sword. Reluctantly he sat up and grabbed it.

Hello young one, Unas rumbled. I have seen you around often. You’ve grown.

Fenton immediately dropped the sword, his eyes went wide, and they began to water. He wasn’t going to cry, just wondering if the lack of sleep had gotten to him.

This isn’t real, he thought. I’m just tired.

It’s very real, Unas grumbled. Stop denying the truth.

Fenton lay down on the grass. He closed his eyes and slept next to his best friend, hoping that Gabriel would return.

Gabriel would never come back.


Gabriel did not get very far by the time he met his untimely demise.

He walked out of the soccer field, and passed through the football field, into the small patch of forest. He was going to make his way to the training center, hoping that someone there was still alive, and he could get some food.

He was deep into the woods when he stopped right in his tracks. He could hear faraway voices and he became nervous. Like Ace, he could no longer trust people, and the longer he was stuck inside the prison with everyone else, the more he understood Dexter’s reaction.

Everyone was a threat, and there was nowhere to go.

Gabriel didn’t know what to do. He quickly climbed up a tree, high up in its branches, covered by the leaves. He clung to the thick branch and his entire body shook as he saw Deceit. Deceit, who had long pretended to be a human, was bored out of her skull, and ravenous.

“You sure there’s food past the forest,” Deceit grumbled. “I had to use all my energy to focus and move those dumb bodies across here, and they still haven’t found him again!”

“I’m sure,” Amity mumbled.

Gabriel glared at Deceit, who had made a costume change, stealing it off a dead body she had come upon. It was quite revealing, leaving little to the imagination. She was a belly dancer and wore a veil that covered her mouth, but everything except her breasts and genitals was exposed.

She wore sheer see-through pink pants, useless at covering anything. Gabriel rolled his eyes when he saw that the back of the bottoms showed her butt, her bottom only held on by a thin pink strap and prayers.

Gabriel prayed that Deceit would turn around, and that innocent people wouldn’t be killed and eaten by a promiscuous monster.

His prayers were answered, just not in the way he wanted.

“You know, I should stop doubting you,” Deceit said. “You’ve never failed me.”

Amity smiled, happy with herself.

“All these idiots get good hosts, and one by one they lose to a bunch of idiots,” Deceit snarled. “You should be the one who gets to choose your permanent body.”

“Really,” Amity exclaimed. “I get to do that!?”

“Yes. I reward a good work ethic. Don’t do what Gruesome did. She made him lose Ace and I had to punish her.

Amity hugged her and Deceit rolled her eyes, already tired of the conversation.

“Keep it up,” Deceit said. “I also loved the idea of the dinosaur bones. Going to that museum was a wonderful idea.”

Deceit and Amity continued with their conversation and Gabriel prayed that they would change course, but they never did. Instead, he lost his grip on the branch and fell to the forest floor.

He broke his arm, surprising Deceit as a teenage boy literally fell out of the sky.

“Father has rewarded me,” Deceit whispered. “I promised myself I would kill you first.”

Gabriel sobbed and he tried to stand, but the pain tearing through his right arm made it nearly impossible. He was already exhausted from the chaos, and he knew that he was truly going to die.

Gabriel realized that Fenton was right. He was always, sadly right.

Deceit stood above him, taking it all in.

“Don’t worry,” she cooed. “I won’t eat you. I don’t like the taste of Jesus Freaks.

Gabriel finally stood up, but Deceit simply pushed him down to the ground and laughed. Amity grinned and cheered her on.

“I have an idea,” Amity said. Deceit was intrigued, as her lapdog never had steered her wrong.

“Make it last,” Amity grinned.

“Honey,” Deceit sighed. “You are my favorite. The best.

Gabriel was crawling away, but Deceit just walked over and turned him on his back.

“I want you to know that this is definitely personal,” she said. “I don’t like you.”

She curled her right hand into a fist, and from her knuckle bones grew forth long spikes. Deceit ripped off his shirt, and Gabriel sobbed as she giggled.

“You know, the longest way to bleed out is from the stomach,” she whispered. “Let’s give it a try.”

Like a surgeon making an incision, she cut into his abdomen. Gabriel cried in agony, screaming for her to stop. The louder he screamed, the slower she went, wanting to extend his suffering.

She finally finished step one of her surgical procedure and began step two.

She cut lengthwise on both ends of the original cut, upwards. Gabriel was done screaming, but instead, he was gasping and grunting, shaking underneath her as she whistled, enjoying every moment.

“It’s a real shame the others aren’t here to see this,” Deceit mumbled. “You killed one of my kids. Don’t think I’ll go easy on you.”

As if she were peeling an orange she lifted the skin off of his abdomen, and Gabriel shrieked. She did it slowly, and he continued, over and over, shrieking, covering the sounds of Deceit’s laughter.

Eventually, Gabriel passed out, and Deceit pouted.

“They break so easily,” Deceit said. “That was boring.”

She threw the large flap of meat and skin onto the forest floor, exposing his organs. Immediately bugs came over, and she let out a soft heh.

“Let’s go,” she sighed. “I need food.”

Deceit walked off, having kept her promise to herself, and Gabriel passed out, bleeding onto the forest floor.

For a short while he lay there, being digested by the forest animals.

No one would find him until five minutes later.

1