Without a Soul
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

5: 15 PM

Deceit waited patiently for her power to work. She was weak and hungry, and she had focused all her energy on finding what she thought would have a huge payoff. Her head was dizzy, and she was confused, as she could barely remember the last time she had felt this way.

Deceit heard a faint sound and looked around, trying to find it, but she couldn’t. It whispered the name Aelius, over and over again, and it sounded like nonsense the more the voice repeated itself.

It sounded like a woman’s voice, and Deceit could hear soft cries. After some time, the voice finally disappeared, and Deceit looked around, trying to figure out if someone was trying to trick her.

She jerked suddenly and smiled, feeling that her patience had worked. Two new damned souls were added to her repertoire.

A young woman crawled out of the grave, naked and confused. She had white hair and red eyes from albinism and she looked around in confusion. “Where am I,” she whispered.

“You died, now you’re back, now you do what I say,” Deceit groaned. “Where’s the other one?” The woman covered herself in shame and Deceit groaned. “I don’t care about your tits, lady. Where’s your husband?”

The naked woman peered into the grave and saw the body of her husband. He was awake, young again, and alive. He stared up at her, unblinking and naked.

Deceit looked down into the grave, and she waited for him to say anything, but nothing happened. He just stood there, breathing, barely blinking, and naked as well.

“Is he always like this,” Deceit asked.

Sara was about to answer, but suddenly she started to shriek. She could see her true form, and now Sara was afraid she had ended up in Hell.

“You’re a monster,” she shouted. “A monster.”

“Why can you see me,” Deceit asked. “There’s nothing diff-”

“Jesus save us,” Sara wailed.

“Ah.. another Jesus Freak… figures…”

Deceit jumped into the hole and grabbed Michael. He stared at her with a vacant look and Deceit was confused. She dragged him out of the grave and Sara screamed at her, relentlessly.

“You did this to us,” she screamed. “Send me back! Send me back!”

“Keep it up and I’ll kill you twice, bitch.”

Sara could do nothing, and she started to cry as Deceit inspected Michael’s body. His many years of fighting made his body firm and built, and Deceit was impressed with herself that she was able to make them young.

“I should do this more often,” she mumbled.

“What’s wrong with him,” Sara shrieked.

“I’m trying to find out,” Deceit snarled. “Shut up!”

“You can’t have his soul, demon,” Sara hissed. “It’s locked away!” Deceit smiled in confusion, unable to comprehend that she couldn’t have something.

“I’m sorry, but what the fuck are you talking about,” Deceit asked. She had a strained grin on her face. Deceit wasn’t able to handle any more bad news.

Her plan was slowly crumbling again. Instead of Unas, it was her own stupidity and vanity.

“Stay away,” Sara screamed.

“Stop screaming, and tell me where his soul is,” Deceit bellowed.

“It’s in a necklace,” Sara cried. “A golden cross. I don’t know where it is.”

“Are you kidding me!?”

Sara watched in confusion as Deceit ranted and raved about how it was in front of her all along. “That stupid Rikka bitch had his power, and I had no idea,” she screamed.

“Rikka,” Sara whispered. “How do you know my granddaughter!?!” Deceit was now tired of it all. She had wasted hours and yielded zero results because she wanted to do everything on her own, without help from her father.

“No wonder he’s fucking useless,” Deceit groaned. She snapped her fingers in front of Michael’s face but he didn’t react. “Lights are on but no one’s home…”

“Where is my granddaughter,” Sara shrieked.

“I’ll tell you if you answer my questions,” Deceit replied. Sara nodded nervously and tried to play with her hair to calm herself.

“Yes. I want to know if she’s safe.”

“What ability do you have,” Deceit barked.

“Oh? That’s all? I don’t have one, I-”

Sara’s body fell over to the ground, and so did Michael’s.

“Back to hell where you belong, bitch,” Deceit mumbled. She pushed their bodies into the open grave and stood under the tree, the sun setting, and her plans ruined.

“I’m not going to lose him this time,” Deceit whispered. “He’s mine.

Deceit stood impatiently under the tree as she waited for her ride.

Bursting out of the ground was one of her monstrosities, its whirring mouth clattering and its sharp edges grinding against each other. She got on, and it tunneled through the ground, back to the graveyard.

0