Volume Two: Revenge; Your First Time is Always Special
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Volume Two: Revenge

On the Planet of Paradis, surrounded by two dying stars, there is an eternal sunset, and night never comes, except every one thousand years for an entire week. The Week of Night ends on the Night of Sin, a week of parades, festivals, and celebrations, and ends with a final bang, the day when you can release all your inner demons.

This week will be different from the others, as Nero has planned his own celebration for two years, waiting patiently to kill those who had hurt him, defiled his body, and made him a monster. For the entire week, he will kill, burn, and take everything away from those who took everything away from him.

He tells himself that it's not his fault.

He was born a monster anyway.


 

The twin stars were setting over Ascension Hills as they always were, the eternal sunset on the planet of Paradis giving a red ethereal hue on the pavement.

Adonis landed on the ground with a loud boom, right on the landing section of the front lawn of a large home, on a part of the parking lot painted bright yellow, the words SLOW DESCEND HERE, painted in bold white letters.

His passenger clung on, digging his nails into his arm, screaming until he came to a skidding halt at the end of the yellow-painted box where all the ridges ended as well. Nero clung onto Adonis, his red hair everywhere, upset, because he spent so long on his hair and his makeup, and now he was afraid everything was ruined.

Adonis set Nero down, pulled down his black dress, and grumbled.

“Fly slower next time,” Nero complained.

“If I do, we’ll fall out of the sky,” Adonis replied.

Nero pouted and took out a white shirt for Adonis from his black purse, while they walked into the glittering mansion, beautiful people congregating inside and out, music thumping loudly, and cars littered around the front.

Adonis awkwardly put his shirt on while he walked, folding his brown wings into his body, and Nero watched in morbid curiosity as the feathers fell off like leaves, a gaping hole opened on his back, and the skeletal frames folded inside, closing again, leaving nothing but his tanned skin.

“Why are you dressed like this,” Adonis asked.

“It’s my birthday. And besides, I need to find a permanent client, ” Nero replied. “I look good anyway.”

“I mean, yes, but-“

Nero ran off, excited to try something new, and Adonis groaned, because what was the use? He expected it. It didn’t matter how many times he coached him on the way to the party, Nero never listened, and some people had to learn through experience.

Adonis adjusted his decorative face mask and skulked off into the crowd, off to find his own customers as well, parties the perfect place to move and sell drugs candy.

The entrance of the expansive house had a large lobby, outfitted for the party. The DJ was in front of the main staircase, pumping his fists. His eyes turned orange, and he smiled, creating an indoor fireworks display, a simple mirage with his ability, and the crowd went nuts, as imaginary confetti sparkled down below.

Nero went up the side stairwell, watching it all from above on the indoor terrace, his heart soaring, reminiscing of the extravagant parties his parents would throw, inviting people from all over.

Overlooking the dancing, sweaty mass down below was an Alterian smoking a cigarette.

He was leaning on the railing and watching the party down below. The man looked bored even though everyone at the party seemed to be enjoying themselves, and Nero saw money when he looked at him. His clothes were muted colors, white pants, a white dress jacket, accented with a blue shirt, but his watch and shoes were what stood out.

Most people feared Alterians, with their impenetrable dark skin, golden eyes, and an extra set of arms. They were taller than most humanoids, stronger too, and Nero had never known one personally, as they mostly lived deeper inside the main part of Atlaan, so he approached him out of curiosity, eyeing him like an exhibit at the zoo.

“H-hello, sir," mumbled Nero.

The Alterian gave him a side-eye and continued smoking.

“Hey," he grunted back.

“You seem pretty bored at this party," Nero observed. “You don’t like it? It seems pretty cool here."

The Alterian stood up straight, and his full size was more apparent than before.

“Yeah, I hate this party. I don’t like parties, so this isn’t really my sort of thing. My sister wanted it. It's our birthday."

“Oh my gosh it's my birthday too," gasped Nero.

A huge grin splayed over his face. He’d finally made a friend.

“Huh. What a great coincidence.” The Alterian held out one of his giant hands. “I’m Alto.”

“Nice to meet you, I’m Nero.”

Nero shook his hand or more as Alto shook his with his intense grip.

“It sucks you don’t like your own party. I’ve been having a pretty rough day myself," Nero sighed.

“Oh really. Like what?”

Nero realized he couldn’t really talk about what happened. It wasn’t the sort of thing you didn't tell people but thought that he would probably never see this man ever again.

So why not?

Alto looked disgusted after the end of Nero’s story.

After seeing the look on his face Nero wondered why he had told a complete and total stranger about his day working at the 8-Twelve convenience store.

“That guy's nasty. I’m no saint but I don’t try to grope my runners,” Alto replied. He put out his cigarette with his thumb. “It sucks that some pervert cost you your job. If you want, you can come work for me.”

Nero was excited at the prospect of a new job. Finally, no more hour-long bus rides, the possibility of better pay, and maybe actual furniture.

“What do you mean by runners, ” Nero asked.

Alarm bells went off in Nero’s head and more red flags than a golf course popped up around him.

“Well, I am one of the lieutenants of the Federales that control the area," said Alto. “Some parts of the cartel do that sort of thing. I just wash the money.”

All of a sudden everything clicked in Nero’s head, that it was his birthday party, that it was that kind of place. One of the beach lovers at the pier who called herself Chocolate Thunder told Nero that he could find a permanent client at the party, because the Fearsome Feardorcha was throwing a birthday party, and here he was right, right in front of him, in the flesh.

The surprise must have shown on Nero’s face because Alto smirked at him.

“Did you come to this party, not knowing who I am ?”

“I just came with a friend.”

Alto sneered, thinking it was fun to tease people, pleasurable to make them uncomfortable, and squirm. Nero was the perfect target, with his mood swings and insecurities.

“You know, if you are worried about legal problems, don’t," Alto reassured him. “I own plenty of legal businesses. This mansion is one of them. I rented it out for parties, I just decided to use it for one of mine today.”

Nero looked uneasy, and gazed into the pit, trying to find a change of topic, but he couldn’t.

“Look," said Alto. “You don’t have to come work for me, but I at least want to make sure you’re okay. You can have this.”

Alto reached into his pocket and pulled out a gun.

Nero realized that Adonis was right and that he should have probably stayed home.

“I… I can’t take that," stammered Nero. “I don’t even know how to use that."

“Don’t worry," said Alto. “It's untraceable, so you won’t get caught. Anyone can use a gun. Just point and shoot. Never point unless you’re sure you’re gonna shoot.”

“I don’t think I can shoot someone."

“Everyone says that at first until it's time to choose between your life or someone else’s.”

Nero looked down at the ground. He didn’t know how else to tell him no. He wasn’t used to it either.

“ If you wanna know how to use it, just come with me," said Alto. “I can teach you."

Nero needed money.

He knew this man was trying to impress him.

So, he said yes.

Nero and Alto were in the parking lot after many missed shots and a massacre of defenseless beer cans and champagne bottles. He was upset the fun was over and didn’t want to leave, surprised that he had enjoyed it so much, and how heavy a gun was.

Adonis called him on his phone and was worried that it was getting late, so they decided to meet on the front lawn, with even more beautiful people than before, arguing and flirting in the parking lot.

“How come nobody called the police after I fired so many bullets," asked Nero.

“This party is filled with a bunch of criminals, who the fuck is gonna call the police," laughed Alto.

“Fair point..."

“Remember, when you’re under heat, you need to count your bullets, or else you’ll die. Count the enemy's bullets as well, so you know when they’re reloading, and you can aim to kill."

“I don’t put myself in those situations like you,” Nero exclaimed.

“What I do is an unintended consequence of business. I’m a hands-on businessman .”

Nero rolled his eyes, thinking that he was trying too hard to impress him, but he stopped near a red car when Alto searched through his deep pockets to bring something out.

Thankfully, it was not another gun, it was his business card.

Nero couldn’t read, the symbols were gibberish to him, but he could match up the numbers well enough to make a phone call and stowed the card away in his purse.

They reached the parking lot and Nero hugged him, still unaware of the danger surrounding him, sure that Alto was different, and maybe he could help him get a proper job instead of whatever hair-brained plan he had before.

“I don’t think I’ll use the gun but having it makes me feel better,” Nero admitted.

“Good. The next time that guy at work touches you, shoot him in the nuts, ” Alto said, with an intense look.

A familiar voice soared over the parking lot, and Nero swiveled his head to see the last person in the world he wanted to see.

It was Luoh.

“I’ve found you,” yelled Luoh.

He made a beeline across the parking lot toward Alto and Nero, knife in hand.

“You came to a party all dressed up like this. No wonder it took me so long to find you. If it weren’t for the tracker on your phone, I wouldn’t have recognized you!”

Nero froze up his standard response to danger. He knew he had the gun, that this is what it was for, but the sudden appearance of his coworker now turned stalker was too much to bear. Alto stepped between them and bared his sharp teeth.

No one would tell anyone what to do on his property.

“Who the fuck are you," Alto asked him.

“I’m Nero’s boyfriend,” replied Luoh.

Alto did not know of anyone who needed a knife to convince their partner to go anywhere with them, and Nero was, well, he was not there. His eyes were closed shut, and his body was stiffer than wood. Whether or not it was true, Alto didn’t want a lunatic at his party, threatening his flavor of the month.

“You need to leave. I don’t want you here," Alto stated. “I’m not going to ask you twice."

Luoh ignored him, his gaze fixed on his obsession.

“Nero, come with me. Let's talk about this. Come back with me so we can explain everything to the manager,” pleaded Luoh. “Tana has this crazy idea that I’ve been assaulting you. Tell her the truth."

Alto realized why Nero was so afraid.

“Help me get my job back,” Luoh pleaded.

“I hate you! I hate you so much,” Nero screamed.

A crowd had gathered to watch the spectacle, getting out their phones, making bets, and screaming inane words and profanities. Alto snatched the gun out of Nero’s purse, and a struggle began in the parking lot, with plenty of witnesses and no one intervening.

“Wait, don’t do it," screamed Nero. “There are different ways to settle problems!”

Stuck in the middle of the crowd was Adonis, crushed between many sweaty and drunk people, trying to push to the front. He pulled up his black face mask and weaved through the crowd, trying to find Nero, unable to hear him over the people shouting.

What commenced was a trashy fight in a very nice neighborhood.

Luoh walked towards Nero and Alto, swinging his knife wildly in the air, not sure who to stab first.

“Hey, hey, no need for guns. Listen, man, it's all good," said Luoh.

Luoh realized that he literally brought a knife to a gunfight.

Nero tried to wrestle the gun from Alto’s hands, but it was impossible.

“Why are you stopping me," asked Alto. “This guy is trash; I’m doing the public a service right now.”

“Killing people is wrong, Alto," screamed Nero.

Alto rolled his eyes and pointed his gun directly at Luoh. Nero leaned his whole entire body into Alto, causing the gun to misfire directly into Alto’s chest.

Thankfully his tough Alterian skin made the bullet as dangerous to Alto as a golf ball. The bullet ricocheted off his chest and into the pavement. The crowd booed. They started chanting for blood, the fight more interesting than the music and alcohol.

Nero took advantage of the misfire and smacked the gun out of Alto’s hand. The gun slid between Luoh and Nero.

Luoh saw an opening and lunged for the gun, but Nero was faster. Luoh jumped on top of Nero and tried to wrestle the gun out of his hands but instead, Luoh received a hefty kick to his family jewels, and rolled off of him, crying in agony.

“You fucking bitch! I’m gonna kill you!”

Luoh struggled to stand and picked the knife up from the ground. Alto walked over and pushed him back down. He kicked the knife out of his hand, and then kicked him directly in his face.

Blood gushed out of Luoh’s nose like a fountain, dotting the asphalt.

“You slug ," shrilled Luoh. This comment already sent an angry Alto over the edge.

Alterians were called slugs and worms because of their ambiguous genitalia. What was normal to an Alterian’s body was disgusting to the average Paradisian.

Alto looked at Luoh and had another excuse to kill him on his front lawn.

He was going to do it anyway; this was just another bag of trash.

Alto swung with all his might right into Luoh’s ribcage. He let out a small whimper and gasped for air. Nero stood up and watched as Alto repeatedly kicked him, over and over again. The crowd cheered Alto’s name, and wanted more, as it was obvious that Luoh was not going to win this fight.

Adonis finally pushed through the crowd and saw the commotion.

“Nero, are you okay," he yelled.

“I’m o-”

“Nero, shoot him," shouted Alto. “Shoot him now!”

Luoh was on the ground, crying, blood streaking his face, and urine down his pants.

“What are you doing," yelled Adonis. “Stop, stop right now!”

Nero looked at Adonis, and then back at Luoh, crying on the ground. It felt good to see him cry, after the many times he had made him hurt.

He wanted someone else to hurt.

Adonis ran over, but four shots rang out.

Blood poured out of Luoh’s mouth and chest, covering Alto’s fine shoes in his blood. His body went limp, and the crowd cheered, screaming for more, and many people won their bets that night, the Alterian, the obvious winner all along.

“Look who’s the slug now,” Alto whispered while wiping the blood off his shoes using the corpse’s shirt. Alto flashed a large grin, his monstrous incisors peeking out, and ran over to Nero, excited to have a new partner in crime.

“How did it feel,” asked Alto. “Did you like your first time?”

Nero’s entire body shook as tears fell down his face.

He was angry, but not in the proper sense.

He was angry that he wasn’t upset.

“I’m so angry at myself. So angry that I.. didn’t feel bad looking at his dead body. It felt…. really good watching him fall to the ground."

Adonis strode across the parking lot and grabbed Nero away from Alto. His shirt tore into pieces as his brown wings pushed out from his body. They created a protective shield between them and Alto.

“Stay away," growled Adonis.

He picked up Nero, and he took a running start and a giant leap into the sky. The crowd dispersed seeing as the fight was over as fast as it began. It had been a long time since Alto had felt so excited about anything.

This was the best birthday party he ever had.

He hoped Nero would call back, as he wanted to have more fun.

Alto’s men and his twin sister came into the front yard, once they heard the gunshots to make sure he was fine.

“Ohmigod, what happened here," shouted Azara.

Azara, unlike Alto, was all dressed up for the party, with a white jumper and golden heels, and when she saw the commotion outside, she balked.

No matter what it was, she probably would have been confused. She was higher than a giraffe’s behind and someone had stuck various shoestrings in her hair while she was inebriated, telling her it was decorative.

She saw the corpse on the ground, leaking blood all over the pavement, mixed with the swirling colors her brain was emitting, and was sure that she might have taken a little too much.

“Why can’t you just leave well enough alone for once, Alto? This party was going great, and you just had to throw a fit because you didn’t want it!”

“Ask anyone in the crowd," said Alto. “He attacked me and my friend first. We were minding our own business. It was self-defense."

Azara didn’t believe it was self-defense, looking at how badly Alto had mangled his face, and how clean he was. She decided to drop it. She wasn’t sure if she was imagining the body, and no one else was reacting to it, so she figured she probably was. Even if there was a body, only one person died, so technically this was a good day for them.

Once Alto assured his men that he was unharmed, they took Luoh’s body to the basement, never to be seen again.

Announcement
I hit 100 followers last night! Thanks for the support, everyone! I'm really broke so I can't afford a new computer to draw the cover for the third book, but I'm aiming towards a new one eventually. I hope that whoever is reading this like my stuff! :)
0