6. Nueva Cádiz
133 7 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Woah…” Katia gasped thanks to the sight.

 

“Damn… That’s a really big city…” Alma said with a blank expression.

 

We were standing on a cliff near the enormous city of Nueva Cádiz. The city is about an hour away walking from our new villa in the forest. We decided to do the trip on foot and leave the Dame of the Lake behind because we didn’t want to scare the locals.

 

”So? What do you think of my homeland? Isn’t it beautiful? I come here often to admire the city!” Lucy stood proudly in front of me.

 

We were still a bit too far from the city, but I could clearly see the details of some of the taller buildings.

 

It looked like most of the buildings in Nueva Cádiz were made with a very specific style in mind… Baroque. There also seems to be some Gothic influence, but most baroque buildings are overshadowing it.

 

Nueva Cádiz seems like a city that came straight out from a history book.

 

This somehow makes me a bit nostalgic…

 

“The view is really something else, I like it. I cannot wait to show you the view from the Sky Archipelago.” I smiled at Lucy.

 

“Hehehe! I can’t wait!” She seemed really excited to visit my homeland.

 

I looked towards the city again.

 

Nueva Cádiz is a coastal city. There’s dozens of caravels going towards the large port of the city. There’s a lighthouse at the end of the port.

 

This city is proof enough for what I was already suspecting. The name of this country, the name of the city and even Lucy’s full name is proof that another reincarnator or an otherworlder founded this place.

 

That person must have been hispanic like me.

 

“By the way, Lucy… You never told us what you were doing in that forest so far from your city.” I said to the excited girl in front of me.

 

“I was bored out of my mind at home and decided to take a stroll. Never in my wildest dreams I could have imagined that I would meet Katia, Alma and you, of course.” Lucy spoke with glee.

 

“You were taking a stroll? What about your guards?” I was a bit dumbfounded that she would go alone to take a stroll.

 

Lucy seems to be more on the delicate side, so I don’t think she would be allowed to go out alone without guards.

 

“I don’t really need any guards, you know? This lady has a lot of ways of defending herself! Hihihi!” Lucy giggled.

 

Weren’t you captured by Katia…?

 

For the sake of keeping her honour and dignity intact, I refrain from pointing that fact to her.

 

“See? They are already at it again!” Alma looked a bit annoyed.

 

“They must be talking about the wedding plans.” Katia smiled warmly.

 

Yeah, they are still going on about that…

 

“Sigh… Can’t you stop that? Didn’t I already explain that’s not the case?” I said to the two of them.

 

“He's in denial! How cute!” Alma said with a teasing tone.

 

“I have already written a letter to commission your suit, young master!” Katia started teasing me as well.

 

Sigh…

 

“We should get going! The weather will change soon!” Lucy spoke with a charming smile before she started leading the way again.

 

Lucy seemed to be very excited to show us around the city. She started doing some little hops every now and then.

 

“Time to go now.” I said to Katia and Alma.

 

“Yeah, there’s no way they are not engaged by now…” Alma said before taking a sip of her bottle of liquor.

 

“I agree!” Katia nodded in agreement vigorously.

 

“Can you two drop the subject already… We are not engaged.” I was already a bit annoyed with the topic.

 

I simply started following Lucy and ignored the delusions of the perverted maid and the drunken sailor.

 

We were able to go into the city without any trouble. There were guards at the gates of the city that were on the lookout for any suspicious activities or individuals.

 

The guards didn’t seem surprised to see Lucy walking into the city, so that means it has been a regular occurrence for them to see their future countess.

 

They were actually surprised when she brought us with her. She didn’t say that we were from the Sky Archipelago. She simply explained that we were travelers who were lost and coincidentally met her.

 

And with that little white lie, we were allowed to go into the city without any ID!

 

We are currently walking around the main street of the city. Dozens of stalls and carts are all lined up on the sides of the main street. There were hundreds of people walking on this very same street.

 

The area was completely crowded.

 

We were all holding hands in order to not get lost thanks to the large crowd. Lucy was still guiding us through this foreign city.

 

“Take your Raddant meat skewers! Only ten copper pieces for two skewers!” A vendor from the stall on our right shouted.

 

“Perfume! Take your perfume! This is the year of the Rose! Take your perfume made out of roses! One silver piece per bottle!” A woman from the stall on our right shouted.

 

“Spices! We have all kinds of spices and rare ingredients at Pablo's Spice Emporium!” A middle aged man with a funny mustache shouted, trying to get the attention of the crowd.

 

The smell of several spices immediately invaded my nostrils. The mix was incredibly pleasant.

 

“As you may have noticed, this is the main street of Nueva Cádiz. You can reach the most important places using this street!” Lucy explained with excitement.

 

I immediately translated everything to Katia and Alma.

 

“Erli, ask her where can we get some good alcohol and maybe a nice and warm meal!” Alma looked like she was having the time of her life.

 

“I’m feeling like dancing for a bit! Erli, wanna go to a bar and dance with me?” Katia was also very excited. Her eyes were basically sparkling.

 

Me? I was also having a good time. While it is true that I lived in the digital age and this city does not look like my own, I feel like I’m in touch with my roots from my previous life.

 

“Sure, Let me ask her.” I nodded in response.

 

The warm and happy atmosphere on this street is extremely enjoyable. The people around us are all talking and looking at the commodities that the merchants are selling.

 

Eventually, we were able to reach the plaza and center of Nueva Cádiz. There was a statue of a man and a woman riding horses in the middle of the plaza. There were also several fountains around the statue.

 

“This is the main plaza of the city! Most important buildings are located here! The church, the quarters of the knights and the main stores of the most important merchants in the city!” Lucy started pointing at several buildings very quickly.

 

The church is a tall building made out of stone with several marble pillars and stained glass. 

 

The quarters of the knight looks like a miniature castle. The building is made out of cobblestone. There are a dozen guards on the lookout all around the tall building.

 

The stores look pretty normal. They seem to be made mostly out of bricks, wood and glass. There are several passersby walking in front of the stores checking their goods. 

 

“Who are the people in the statues?” I asked.

 

“Ah! Those are the founders of this city, Simón and María! The two of them were lovers and the ones who brought order to this land! Thanks to them, the Kingdom of Numancy exists today! The history books say that the two of them appeared one day exactly where the statue is today!” Lucy explained with a lot of excitement.

 

Simón and María… So my theory is most likely correct…

 

“They appeared? Are they otherworlders?” I asked.

 

“That’s apparently what they said! The history books say that they came from a place called Hispania!” Lucy replied very enthusiastically.

 

So they were from Spain… Now it all makes sense…

 

While I was thinking about this new information, I noticed the dwarven sailor and the elven maid looking around curiously.

 

I translated everything to Katia and Alma.

 

“So the founders of this kingdom are otherworlders like us? That’s kinda funny!” Alma said while nodding to herself.

 

“That’s a cute love story though. Erli, would you like to go to a new world with me and establish a country?” Katia asked with a half joking half serious expression.

 

“Let’s finish exploring this one first…” I smiled bitterly.

 

“It’s a promise then!” Katia said happily. 

 

“Oi! Don’t forget about me!” Alma said with annoyance.

 

Knowing Alma and Katia as well as I do, there’s no doubt that they would actually look for a way to do that… I’ll try to find a way to postpone that trip to another world.

 

“Let’s come back here later when we have more time! It will start raining soon!” Lucy started pulling me by the hand and dragging us away from the plaza.

 

I looked towards the sky and saw our homeland in all its glory… The view was about to be blocked by enormous rain clouds.

 

We started walking through a more luxurious and cleaner street…

 

“Most merchants, minor nobles and high ranking knights live in this part of the city! Ah! There it is! See that castle over there? That’s where I live!” Lucy pointed at the enormous castle in the distance.

 

“Wow…” Both Alma and Katia gasped as soon as Lucy pointed at her castle. They didn’t need to know what she was saying to understand her.

 

The castle was… Magnificent… There’s no other way to describe it. The castle was made with white bricks and had very tall spires. It is a bit smaller than the castle of Sky Harbor, but it is just as impressive…

 

“Lucy… You said that you were a future countess, right?” I asked with a bitter smile.

 

Only royalty could live in this kind of castle… Is it possible that she lied about her rank?

 

“Ah, you must be thinking that our rank is not enough for us to have such a thing, right? I understand! I understand! Remember Simón and María? Well, that used to be their castle. They lived there with their children and then their grandchildren and so on and so on. I’m their direct descendant!” Lucy explained with a smile.

 

Oh… Well… That explains some things, but now I have more questions…

 

Just before I was able to ask any more questions, rain started pouring down on us. The people around us started to run to seek cover from the rain.

 

“Oh no! Quick! We must run!” Lucy said with a panicked expression.

 

She was about to grab me by the hand again.

 

I was not too worried though, I could take care of this easily.

 

I touched one of the grimoires that was hanging on my waist. The grimoire was filled to the brim with magic circles and formulas. As long as I have this, I can cast magic very quickly and very efficiently.

 

As soon as I touched the grimoire, a transparent barrier covered us and protected us from the rain.

 

“Let’s take it easy, Lucy. Let’s enjoy this stroll.” I smiled at her.

 

“Ah…” Lucy immediately blushed.

 

“Flirting again… I feel so left out…” Katia said with an overly dramatic tone.

 

“Yeah, I get it. But I understand Erli, those first moments of a relationship are truly magical.” Alma nodded to herself with a grin.

 

“I was not flirting…” I said with a blank expression.

 

“I don’t know, Erli... You had your classic flirty expression.” Katia nodded to herself.

 

“Yep, that’s totally his flirty face!” Alma agreed before taking a sip of her bottle of liquor.

 

I might have flirted a bit… I wanted to look cool, okay!?

 

Of course, I will never admit that to them.

 

“Let’s continue…” I smiled bitterly.

 

I started dragging Alma, Katia and Lucy towards the castle. They didn’t resist but continued to tease me and giggle thanks to my reactions...

8