-Prologue-
55 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Carthya map

“It seems you have finally regained consciousness young one. I’m sorry to say but it seems your time on that world has expired.”

Huh? What did he say to me, my time on that world has expired. What does he mean by that world? When I opened my eyes, I was blinded by a dazzling light and when my vision adjusted I noticed that I was no longer in Florida. The area I was in resembled what I would expect heaven to look like. I could see beautiful clouds everywhere and I was even able to spot what looked like Angels flying around. It was then that I looked over to the man that was talking to me. He looked like an elderly man with a long white beard and majestic white hair. He also seemed to be wearing a white robe with gold accents on it. Honestly, he reminded me of an old teacher or a kind of great sage.

“It looks like I died from that huh?”

“I’m sorry to say but your body has indeed expired, but fortunately I was able to save your soul before it passed on. It looks like you have quite a strong one at that. It’s taken me centuries to be able to find a soul strong enough to be able to cross the dimensional boundary.”

It seems I was right I did die. It seems that truck did me in huh. I wonder if Jeremy's Okay, hopefully, I was able to push him out of the way in time.

“Do you know if I was able to save my friend Jeremy? Is he okay?”

“Yes, it seems that young man you pushed out of the way is doing fine.”

That’s good to know, at least my death wasn’t in vain then. Well, I might as well find out my current circumstances then, it seems this old man has something he’d like to say to me.

“Excuse me sir, who are you, and what is this place, and what did you mean by dimensional boundary.”

“Yes, Excuse me it seems we haven’t been properly introduced to each other yet. I am known as Ephrit Creator of Angels and the Angel Sentient Races and this place I have transported you to is known as Heaven. It’s not the same heaven you know from your dimension. In words that are easier to understand, think of this realm as a parallel universe or world, similar but different to your own. And the dimensional boundary is what separates your world from this one.”

Wow to think that parallel worlds really existed out there. I had no idea this could be possible. If that’s true then I wonder why Ephrit summoned me here, I mean back on my earth I was an ordinary guy I was 5’ 9” and I had brown straight hair. I mean my voice was deeper than most so it gave off kind of an intimidating tone but I liked to think of myself as a nice guy. I also liked helping out others whenever I could. On my days off I liked to go and do volunteer work around my city. I had a decent amount of close friends, but I’d say that my favorite hobby was how I always tried my best to improve myself. Like I’d always go to the gym and stayed up late to study, but I would do this so often that I usually found myself working till I was exhausted. By the way, I guess I haven’t introduced myself yet, my name is Tucker Smith and I live in Jacksonville Florida. My parents are still together and I only had one sibling. She died because I wasn’t able to save her. It happened right in front of me and I wasn’t able to do anything. I hated myself because of how weak I was back then. That was the reason I vowed that I would make myself stronger so that I wouldn’t have to see any more of my loved ones in pain or die, but I guess none of that really matters now does it. I might as well ask what happens from here.

“It is a pleasure to meet you Ephrit. My name is Tucker Smith and I was a senior at Jacksonville High. Can I ask why you summoned me to this place?”

“Yes, that is a very good question, and to answer that the reason is simple. I want you to save me and my Angels by releasing us from this realm. Let me explain, thousands of years ago we were banished to this realm by a person reincarnated from your world. Because this person from your world thought it would be better if I weren’t there to watch over and protect my creations he banished me and my Angels to this realm.”

“I am sorry to hear about that, but how can I help? I’m just an ordinary person. I don’t have any special abilities and according to you I’m already dead.”

“Yes, though it is true that your physical body has expired, your soul is still intact. This means I have the capability of reincarnating you into the world I was banished from. Since I cannot directly interact with it myself, I have to follow the rules. Only if you accept of course and if you accept, because of how strong your soul is I can reincarnate you into a powerful vessel that given enough time can one day gain enough power to free us.”

Okay, so what he’s saying is that I can get a second chance at life by helping him. I guess I have no reason to refuse I mean if I did I’d probably just die anyway. But I feel like he’s hiding something from me.

“Okay Mr. Ephrit I accept and I will do what I can to help free you and your Angels. But I’d like some information about the world you're sending me into first.”

“Oh, thank you young one you don’t know how happy it makes me hear you say those words. Of course, let me start by telling you about the world you’re going to be reincarnated into. The name of this world is called Carthya. It and all its creatures were created by my father known as Zuleous and unlike your world, this one contains the element known as magic. Magic is the foundation for all creatures inhabiting this world. Another important detail is this world has many sentient beings similar to humans the ones you would be most aware of from your world are Elves and Dwarves but Carthya has many more. This world is far dangerous than your own it contains many monsters and beasts, that is why I need a strong soul like yours or anyone else I summon would quickly expire by traveling the dimensional barrier or if they did survive the transfer they would not become powerful enough to free us. I would also not be able to communicate with this individual if their soul is not strong enough.”

“Ok, so you're saying that this world has things like magic and Elves. That sounds pretty interesting, I’m very curious to find out more about this world.”

“Yes, now this part is important when I reincarnate you into this world you are going to be born into that world with your current memories. My only advice would be to quickly learn the languages of Carthya and get a grasp on magic, as you will definitely need it in the future. I can only give you the Knowledge of one language before I reincarnate you so use it well. Next, I will be able to communicate with you but I can only do it in your dreams. I am not sure when I will be able to contact you but I will try every chance I get though it may take months to years. And lastly, enjoy your second chance, not many people get one. That is all I have to say for now. Are you ready for me to reincarnate you?”

Since this man sounds like he’s not telling me everything, when I get reincarnated I’m going to do my best to learn about this world and its history and see if there is a real reason he was banished here and why he would want to go back.

“Yes I’m ready and I’ll do my best to learn about this world and become strong enough to free you and your Angels.”

“Yes, of course, I will now start the spell to reincarnate you please prepare yourself.”

As I watch Ephrit put his hands together I start to see a beautiful bright orange light form between his hands and before I can think I’m blinded by the light and I lose consciousness.

0