The Lower World
66 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the forest wilderness there lies a lonely mountain that is seen from afar. Many animals were herded and gathered within the mountainside. 

 Why did they? 

Are there some magical phenomena that could explain this?

Well, the answer to this was more than what you thought of. As it turns out many animals gathered within this mountain for one thing. It was protection from another megafauna that would prey on them. Because this was not a normal mountain. Moreover, this mountain is a living creature. From then on it stood up. Two pairs of three large legs could be seen in the distance. 

A monster that had a turtle-like shell but had the face of an otherworldly dinosaur. 

It was Onigashira, A male monster that hailed from another world. Who arrived in a peaceful world based on his standards. So far during his slow life on this world, he hadn't encountered any serpentine dragons that would threaten his life.

I wish for a proper meal once in a while. It had been many years since I arrived in this world. I am satisfied with the plants that I eat but I crave the meat of other giant monsters. Despite being a towering giant, Onigashira was a very slow-moving creature. When Onigashira attempts for a short dash his energy would expend immediately. At normal speeds, however, he can walk for a short time but in the end, he would need to hibernate for almost a day after running or walking. 

Why am I complaining When I could hunt a giant creature. Onigashira decided he would walk. He alerted the animals that were gathered around him. Soon the once called mountain stood upright and moved his giant legs. The roaring footsteps echoed in the forests. 

When Onigashira glanced in every direction. He felt that the forests welcomed him. I still remember the time when I was a newcomer. Birds would flock away from their trees and I would always feel the vibrations of fleeing animals. A thousand years past many things changed. Birds welcomed me and some herds of animals would gather around me for protection. I guess everything wouldn't have worked out if it wasn't for that higher being that gave me this ability to communicate with other species. 

Onigashira didn't come to this world by any normal means. Rather he was transferred by a higher being out of pity. That higher being gave him the power of telepathy. I'm very grateful for their company. However, I feel like I'm the only one who has peculiarities. The more I spend time with them the more I indifferent. I wanted to meet other people like I am. People who could think for themselves and get a proper bond. 

He thought about many more problems as he walked the forests. The forests were full of Deciduous trees. With patches of flowering trees and clearing where grass grows. By north, there was a large river where Onigashira drinks his water. His life in this world was pretty tame and slow. His day-to-day schedule would be summarized like this. 

Wake up, Eat, and Sleep. The forest in which he resides barely gave any giant monsters that would fulfill his appetite. He resorted to eating deciduous trees as an alternative and once in a while try to eat hostile animals that were smaller than him. 

Rain was regular here and it soaks Onigashira with rainwater. Soon much more mosses grew on his calcified out outer shells. Some trees even grew on his back. Trees that are native only to his mountain-like shell. 

He kept wandering the forests until his surroundings darkened. On the horizon, sunlight was still seeping. He thought it would be another big thunderstorm but once he looked above it was different. 

What in the world is that... I have never seen a floating land! What is this! There was never something like this before in the forests! In an instant, a mysterious land appeared in the sky. It never fell to the ground rather it floated. Onigashura was exhilarated in seeing something new. 

The mysterious island unreasonably large his towering body was no match by this giant landmass. Onigashira's legs stepped heavily that it shook the ground. The gathering animals fleed and left Onigashira alone thinking that he was angry. 

This giant landmass! I want to see its edges! I could see how big it is! The shadow of the landmass touched the wide forests. Sunlight was not hitting and birds unusually leaving habitats. Onigashira knew this was something worth knowing for. As such he walked to the horizon where sunlight still seeps through. 

He would rest when his legs fell tired. When he becomes exhausted he would fall and trees would topple around him. The shockwave even scared the animals that would surround him. In the end, he managed to reach the edge of the island. It took him a few more days yet for him it worked out perfectly. He finally got to see a new land. When he looked further he saw an object whom he did not recognize. He squinted and looked further. 

What is this object? Why does smoke gush out of it? It looks somewhat strong and it flies! I have never seen this object before! What if I roar to get its attention!

Onigashira opened his mouth. A plethora of teeth, small and sharp. He raised his head to the sky and let out a deafening roar!

The roar reached to cabins of the floating object. It turned out to be a floating ferry relying on steam. The passenger was alarmed and retreated to their rooms. Some of them came into the deck to determine where the direction of the roar came. One crewmate looked down and saw the titan that is Onigashira. 

" There is a monster below! Captain! It looks like a turtle!".

The captain of the ferry came outside of the bridge to observe a new monster that may or may not hurt them.

" Order the men to retreat back to Sky Harbour!".

3