Chapter 348: Book 4 Interlude – Down The Rabbit Hole.
228 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

      She had a dream of a savior. This savior walked a valley of death. When dark came she saved it all. She was named Alice Dame in her life, and although she had a brother, she was a liar like the three of them. But she had to be the same as her memories told her. She had to be better in hopes that she could win against the everlasting depravity that was around her. No matter how odd the people looked at her. She won’t hesitate to save them if she needs to.

Then he came along with that familiar aura residing within him. When she felt that aura she felt like a piece of her soul reacted, sending a message to somewhere. She danced with this young man, and then when things became odd, she found herself walking inside the tower where the monsters had been slain.

“Hear me,” a voice said. “You must continue this honorable path. For that is the path of the light. Hear me, o my fragment, vessel of thy war maiden.”

Alice knew that this was her fate. She held her hand towards this light and saw that there were the memories of her past incarnation.

“It looks like I am unable to use my power properly. This is the consequence of forming a new vessel out. These memories of Brother, no, he is gone, with the gods after him, he’ll not survive the merging.”

The world turned white and as if it was all made of glasses. It shattered into a billion pieces. She saw the world remade like puzzle pieces coming together.

Time was diluted like a constant stream. She grabbed hold on to her power. She thought about back to the Jade Empress, and her husband’s way. She collected willpower by riding the waves of time.

“Violator!”

She saw specters that guard the collective of time. Their existence was strong enough to rattle her bones. She drew her blade and slashed at them. Her strike was lightning manifested in a stroke of blood. Once she got one down she used her free hand to take the specter and consumed said specter.

“Power,” Alice pondered. “I need this to survive, and help.”

For what? The thought comes to mind. Alice sees a memory of a woman walking down a landscape of blood. On her feet was the corpse of the man who had been with her all the time. A constant soothing presence turned into a cold corpse.

She was not wholly complete. Her memories were incomplete, no, there were too many of them that she has to sort them out before her head explodes. She sorted the important and compiled the memories of the teachings she learned from the other worlds.

“Still, why?” she asked herself. Tears poured out of her eyes as she watches the same man die and die again. With her hand and through a blade and arrow. She knew that if that man wasn’t with her she’d lost her way. She persisted knowing that he was a presence that would be constant to her.

“I found it,” she said. “What I was looking for.”

She cried as specters arrived. She drew her blade from the sheath and carved the air with a strike. She felt the world that she had lived collapse and a presence was constantly watching over her like a third eye. She looked at the present, and she knew she had to persist.

She continued surfing this stream until she found herself falling. A dragon looked at her with impatient eyes. She stared with deadly eyes as she fires a destructive beam of curses towards her. Alice withdrew her sword, gathered power on it, and sliced through the beam of curses. The dragon appeared like a misty ghost.

Alice parried the attack of the ghost. She twisted around in mid-air as she used the strings connected to her to scan through the world’s inner workings. The power here was different but she can pull the strings. However, these strings were flimsy and weaker than what she could pull in her true power.

“What is this?” anger rosed from the depths of her souls. From above and below she could tell the concept of the world with one glance. The dead are turned into orbs of light and returned to whence they come. While those who have committed sins were forced down the valleys of burning heat. Even the innocent would be burned in this hell if they had committed a sin they didn’t have.

“A perfect world that has been saved,” she said as she went pass a cloud. “Was someone able to make a spell that could allow this? But still what is this?”

She can hear the cries of the weak. Where those who could not die are returned to where they think of as home. They are then trapped by those who prey on them. Not even death could save them. Only through the taking of their life that they can escape their fate of being tortured by a convenient system cast like a web in this world. It was an almost perfect world of a happy ending. However, from the memories, she knew that such a world wouldn’t last for a thousand years without someone being able to exploit it.

She saw flaws in this world and through her space-like eyes, she saw the veil. A crumbling Empire and the evil that has spread like hungry maggots on a rotten corpse. Despite the rules of this world and the grand spell. There was never a guardian to come to the aid of those who are weak and easy to exploit.

Alice could not stand it. The War Maiden that was part of her could not stand it. She let herself fall down and through one stroke she slew the dragon. She let herself fall and land on a mountain range where there was no one to hurt. She clenched her hand and marched forward with a steel gaze.

She could not let go of that desire. Letting go would be the same as cutting her arm.

7