Chapter 114: Family Part 3
991 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mia was stuck looking at them for two minutes. It was only when her grandmother spotted her, that she moved her body. Yet, what Ciara did made Mia flinch. She was like a shy girl who had been discovered by a relative while she was on her precious date. The way she fidgeted made Mia baffled than ever.

“G-grandmother,” she said. “I-t has been awhile.”

Ciara coughs, “Mia, it seems you have come.”

“May I ask who this gentleman is?”

“It’s complicated,” she folded her arms. “I guess...I am planning to make him my husband?”

Mia’s lower jaw dropped harder than a bomb launched on a cannon. She stared at her grandmother, unable to form a word while bouncing her eyes from her grandmother to the man sitting beside her.

“That’s...”

Mia’s eyes shook once again. The man had a cloudy expression as he hears her grandmother’s comment. Her grandmother was a woman in her prime, she was oozing with sexual maturity that her appearance was hailed as what a woman should pursue. So not once did he imagine that a man would be grumbling while hearing that.

“...”

“Oh, this gentleman is Nolan Salvatore,” Ciara said, drinking the glass of juice on the patio table.

“Hello,” Nolan said.

Mia Alician’s brain halted. The gears were clogged and she just stared blankly at the man whose name was Nolan Salvatore. She wasn’t as dumb to realize what that meant, for she knew that there was only one man that her grandmother has mentioned in her bedtimes stories.

“How?”

“Who knew?” Ciara said. “But I can confirm that it is him, though he lost his memories, sadly.”

Her grandmother had regained her calm. She wore a serene look, contrasting her earlier expression. Mia also calmed, she pulled a chair and poured herself a glass of juice. She kneaded her forehead, and joined her fingers together, looking at the two.

“I see. You are the same person that made a commotion in Alician?”

“Yes. I will not apologize, however. I did what I thought was right.”

“Is that so?” Mia nodded. “Then you have survived Grandmother’s attack?”

“Barely,” Nolan answered.

“I see,” Mia said. “Grandmother, the documents are going to be taken next week.”

“Oh?” Ciara said. “Why so?”

“The Cascadian has bombed the Ports of Salt Passing, and we discovered burrows were near the Shale Islands, and thus we have sent the rest of our forces to conquer the burrows. However, the Cascadian mistook our forces and attacked us.”

“Was anyone hurt?”

“No, Cousin Aaron was able to steer our forces, we suffered injuries but most of the forces have been dealt with. Ah, should we give them a warning, Grandmother?”

“Make do with giving them one of the blood contracts. Let them know our stance, remind them again.”

“Understood,” Mia said. “However...grandmother, how long are you planning to stay here?”

“As long as I want to. I will do my paperwork. Still, I did not raise a family that would rely on their grandmother. Solve your problems, learn if you make mistakes.”

“I understand,” Mia said. “But would it be fine if I stay here for a while, Grandmother?”

“Of course, how could I refuse my Granddaughters?”

Nolan sipped on his juice and basked under the light of the sun. Mia pointed her gaze at Nolan.

“Are you a Perpetual as well?”

“What?”

“I am saying, are you immortal, Mister Nolan?”

“I don’t know.”

“I think you are, your ashen hair says it all. Immortals usually have ash-like hair.”

“Maybe if I’m just old and my hair did not see the sun that much?”

“I am not talking about just your white hair,” Mia said. “The difference between an immortal’s hair and an old person is different, though there are exceptions to this rule, like Auntie Audrey and Vie.”

“I see. I still have my doubts.”

“That’s understandable. Still, seeing grandmother act like a girl...is bad for my heart. Mister Nolan, I haven’t seen grandmother act like this, honestly, I felt blessed.”

“You are a silly girl,” Ciara said. “Who wouldn’t be happy after seeing the person you love after five hundred years of waiting”

“Understandable, though it is strange to see someone who could resist your charms, Grandmother.”

“It shouldn’t be too long I hope, really, I wish that he’d act like the rest of my admirers.”

“Your admirers huh.”

“Grandmother has a lot of admirers, from Kings to Princes and all brave men of the ages. Though none of them had won over Grandmother’s heart, not that they are not admirable, but it’s just that heart was won ages ago.”

“...”

“He doesn’t believe me,” Ciara said. “Quite sad that I am pouring out my heart yet he doesn’t believe me.”

“It’s a personal reason.”

“You don’t like Grandmother’s appearance?” Mia asked.

“I never care about appearance, what worth is appearance if your partner’s personality is that of steaming hot garbage? Life is a journey, and I rather have a pleasant companion with a good personality first, appearance can be an added bonus.”

“That you do,” Ciara smiled. She touched the left part of her face, and a milky glowing light coated the part of her face.

“Ah,” Mia let out a gasp. “Is this your appearance before?”

Mia had heard her grandmother talked about her appearance. It was scarring done with the intent to ruin her. It was grotesque, and it looked like her skin was peeled first before it was burned. Mia could not help but flinch at the sight of her Grandmother’s face turning into like that.

However, she saw Nolan Salvatore acting as if it was normal. He did not flinch. He stared at her with moist eyes. He was squeezing his eyes hard. He covered his eyes. Ciara was all smile.

“Yes, and he once said that he liked me even though I had this kind of face. Of course, I wasn’t an easy girl, I didn’t start liking him because he was nice to me. I mean...can you really explain how you started falling?”

Mia shook her head.

“I don’t think so, Grandmother.”

Nolan turned, pointed his eyes away, avoiding their gazes.

23