Chapter 162: The Dance of Ninon Part 1
658 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Einar woke up early to attend his classes. Although he would rather not spend his life taking classes, the valuable knowledge that can be learned from the educators were worth the money. Also, it was his duty as a son to gain accolades for his family. To gain accolades he had to graduate the academy with passing remarks. It was the condition that his parents gave him. Einar couldn’t complain about such opportunity and thus he was attending the academy.
 
“And so we can attest that the Tower of Nimrod has multiples floors. Each floor is an anomaly itself.”
 
Einar folded his arms. He looked at the professor.
 
“Each floor is a separated space itself. Many Wise men had asked where the labyrinth originated. We know that the labyrinth is part of Pandora’s Box. Now, they say that Pandora’s Box contains hope inside of it. Many theorized that the moment the box is close. All of the world’s evil is going to be sealed.”
 
The professor spoke while he wrote on the board, “So my dear students if any of you reaches the end of the Labyrinth. Do not close the box of Pandora.”
 
The students raised their heads at those words.
 
“They say that magic itself is the evil of tampering with the natural world. Now think, my students, what happens if our magic dominated world suddenly lost all of its power? We depend on the crystals that we found throughout the world.  It was said before that when the world was at the threat of the flood that would wipe out the world. The Wise men conjured domes of magical shields that prevented the drowning of all races.”
 
“Now, they say that there were many reasons why the flood came to be,” the professor stopped writing. “However, we have prevented this by our sheer defiance. We rely on Gods, however, we do not go quietly. The Tower of Nimrod, the tower of the Father of Unity, the man who once stood up against the heavenly oppression has created this tower to protect the races. Under the protection of the tower, we are blessed with the unity of one language.”
 
The professor places his hand on the table. “But as history showed us from time to time, complete unity is impossible, no, an improbable dream.  To unite this world is an impossibility, and only because we are citizens protected by the Tower that we are able to live freely without any prejudices. Outside the protection of this tower lies lands plagued with the threat of monsters. Only the Atlantic City located south of the Tower of Nimrod can freely sustain life despite the threat of sea monsters. In the north lies the Empire of Arrack, and its ten vassal states. They are in a constant war towards the Republic of Brijosia and its thirteen states.  So if anyone has plans to visit the countries up to the north and west, I advise you to stay clear.”
 
The professor snorted, “I would like to discuss more about the history and surrounding lands. But we are short of time and I must assign your partners for the Dance of Ninon. As you know, the Dance of Ninon is a ritual ordained by the Tower of Nimrod, and by the King himself. Believer or not, you are mandated by this Academy to accompany a maiden. The tower will be at its chaotic state and each maiden must be guarded by their respective guardian.”
 
Einar raised his brows.
 
“Einar Elior,” the professor said.
 
“Sir,” Einar stood and nodded at the Professor.
 
“You shall be accompanying Alice Dame in the ritual. Is that understood, Ms. Dame?”
 
Alice Dame stood, “It is, Sir.”
 
“I understand,” Einar added.
 
“Very well, the rest of the class shall be assigned as well….”
 

 
The class was over and Einar stood in front of Alice’s desk.
 
“Looks like we have to work together,” he said.
 
Alice continued staring at her desk.
 
“Excuse me?” He placed his hands on the table. “We have to work together so it would best if we cooperate.”
 
“I understand,” she said, her ears red and eyes dilated. “What will our plans be?”
 
Einar held his jaw, “The professor said that you will have to wear the customary dress. Hmm, is it alright for you to be so injured?”
 
She stared him in the eyes, “I can manage. I shouldn’t be needing anything else. What about you? Do you need armor? Weapons?”
 
“I can manage,” Einar said. “Though, it would be a hard fight if I just rely on my dagger. You are spellsword as well, right?”
 
“I am. But I only know to strengthen my body and put magic on my blade.”
 
“That’s enough,” he folded his arms, “I need only to protect you in this endeavor.”
 
“Thank you,” Alice Dame nodded. “It would be a pleasure to be guarded by one of the skilled students of this academy.”
 
“Skilled?” Einar leaned on the window. “Can’t be true, if I was then I’d be a happy man. Also, saw you working hard all the time, and are you really fit to dance?”
 
Alice clasped her hands together, “I should be alright. I have my own training regime so I tend to look like this.”
 
“I see,” Einar tapped his elbow. “I will not pry. Very well, since I am going to act as your guardian for a week. How about I treat you? It doesn’t hurt to get to know each other.”
 
She beamed at him, “You aren’t that curious about my injuries, huh.”
 
“No reason to pry about your secrets. So, you want to or not?”
 
Alice Dame stared at Einar. “Well, it would be best if I get to know the person that would be protecting me. Let’s go.”
 
“Okay,” Einar turned towards the door.
 
Alice Dame inhaled and closed her eyes for a second. She then stood from her seat and followed Einar, her eyes focused on the back of the young man. Her ears grew red again, and she could not help but look away. The two walked the halls of the academy and left for the bazaar.

18