Chapter 236: The New World
473 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nolan Salvatore kept on walking while occasionally leaving trails of bodies behind him. In this Ancient Forest, creatures that stood taller than the trees had scales of fishes, and necks that could reach the tree leaves mingled. They plucked the leaves with their teeth and lived. Territorial creatures that had stood on his way and he killed them all. The Old Revenant was him. No, he was the Old Revenant reborn again as Nolan Salvatore. This struggle had been going for years. It would explain why he was so adamant about wanting the maiden.

He didn’t feel different. Just the essence of the Old Revenant had been devoured by him. The Old Revenant had no control and all the memories were now composed into one. There could be no Nolan Salvatore. This was his last form and existence and death mean oblivion. He would perish and stop existing. That was the way of the world and he won’t argue.

For days he had been seeing trees and gigantic roots. The world was fresh. It was a new world filled with civilizations that wants to conquer and find more lands. It was a ripe world and only lesser men would ignore the pickings. He had picked up knowledge and sorted it into volumes with his mind’s library. A mind palace modified to be a library instead. There, he would take the volume that he wanted and picked it up. He would read all the records and matched it with knowledge. This time he took the rule of a medical doctor that travels for miles for a single patient. In this world where Wyverns and Pegasus were used as mounts. He was traveling on foot with his trunk attached to his back.

Nolan Salvatore was not alone. In his shadows were the army of the Bleak Walkers that had died. The highest-ranking sigil a bleak walker could get. It was the authority of the walkers and he can summon their ghosts. They are simply a manifestation of their skills and talents. They are not real and none of them would answer. Nolan Salvatore and the Old Revenant made sure that the Bleak Walkers will have their rest.

He wasn’t the only one who walked the path. He met a traveler who was traveling the opposite. The traveler had been walking for months and he said that it would take Nolan more miles to reach the Ever-Spring Garden located on top of a mountain. The City was said to bloom purple leaves that showers over a sea of trees. Travelers would know the City by the griffons circling the city. The City was home to the many people of this world and he would soon near that place.

Nolan Salvatore spent most of the path talking to Tania. She was lucid and aloof and she was strangely fond of hanging to his sword belt. Not that he needed the sword belt all the time. She was his sword and if he wishes it. He could summon her to do his bidding. It was simply a relationship between a man and his longtime companion who he spent too many times on the battlefields.

The scenery changed into that of a forest with trees that had rope-like bodies. His boots were plodding through the thick swamp and yet he didn’t smell the odor that should have been in the swamp. This world was too pure and too new for Nolan’s liking. The magic that dwelt in this world was too unused and he knew that the real truth of this world wasn’t as heartwarming as those who were sent here.

Indeed, the land was new and ripe for picking. But they haven’t mentioned that in all of the legends of the worlds, where men who died, and those who were taken, these grounds are the grounds of the world, where the Wild Hunt hunts, the Warriors who died valiant deaths are reborn, to conquer the lands, and create a new world. They have no memories and only Nolan had it. He wouldn’t have the memories if it wasn’t for Tania. He had done what others couldn’t and that is to carry the memories into this land.

But Nolan did not need power. He did not need to summon all of his fellow brothers to fight such an impossible task. He might summon them once, but to use them for his good would be torture to his soul.

As Nolan continued his wonderings and mutterings. He saw a great mountain plagued with Wyverns and Griffons. A rain of purple leaves falling from patches of trees on the sides continued falling. Then, he saw a wide-open road that had many travel-worn travelers who were looking at the city with awe on their faces. They numbered many and the travelers all head for the bronze gate guarded by two men mounting medium-sized Wyverns that towers most of the trees. The two Guards had icy glares and they all watched the travelers. Nolan walked among the people with his medicine trunk’s laces tightly held by hand. He followed a line and entered the city where he saw stairs that climbs up the mountain. On the side of the stairs were the residential houses and they were marbled, decorated houses. Among the guards were folks who carried spears that shines when the sun hits them. There was a long march of travelers heading up the city.

Nolan tapped his boot on the stairs and carried on, climbing the city stairs while observing those who travel up. Mounted travelers on Raptors, and people who wore coats with curved lines, and long streaks were urging their mounts to climb the flat path that was for them. There were many more mounts and every single one of them was heading to the upper parts of the city.

Purple leaves glided in front of Nolan’s nose. He pushed air out of his nose and held wooden backpack’s straps. He started climbing the road, heading to the location where he was meant to go before regaining his memories as Nolan Salvatore. In this new world, his first mission was to visit a person of power.


 

8