Chapter 288: Cries of Anger
221 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If not for the pains of the wrath she saw, and the anger. She wondered if she could have the life that she sought. Back when it was all shiny and blue. Back at a time when a cabin in the middle of the forest where a knight who was rather foolish in spirit would visit. His cheeks blushing red. Too pure for his own good that not even the threat of his own life from an angry mob.

Alas, had she hidden her thoughts too far? Or was it the woman who sips tea in that void, who had resisted her every effort to manipulate her into truly becoming the woman. Was there any reason for the unjust treatment she had done for a single man who had loved someone dearly? Can she even tell them truly that it was pure jealous that turned into a shameful love?

How envious it was to see such a man who had done the impossible. Or was it because a part of his soul was inside of him, that she hoped that one day he would understand her? Alas, that knight couldn't be alive, not when that knight had lost his life in her defense.

How hateful it was for her to spend much time in unreasonable hatred. Did she want to prove something by doing so? She does not understand anymore, she was tired of the pain that constantly lashes on her skin. Why was she born strong? Why had the world given her the power to overturn the world?

What was the reason for all of the suffering?

Was it to lead her into something? No, she snarled. It was for the sake of achieving the ultimate world. A predestined fate designed to create a vessel that could host entire worlds. And he, who she had tortured, and had fallen in love, was simply the wrench thrown into the cog, creating chaos that had set her free from the destined fate, a fate that would have left her powerless.

Rage. It burned through her like a rumbling volcano. The arrogance of those who were above her. She would have left them alone and let them rule the stars. They dared, she growled. They have dared to take my children, and use them as batteries! Fuel! Her angered boiled a sea. She lashes out a whip that broke the heavens, and almost shattered the atmosphere of the planet.

Eon-Father, the bastard had dared to do so. The bystander, and the Watchers, all of them had to die for her. She will make them pay and will turn into asunder. Ah, but what about the children that live in this reborn world? The folks who had been given the happy ending that they could not have?

She saw the lives of those who had suffered. The Jade Prince and the Ruby’s Empress, the two fools who fought until their ends, and was ones who saved her from deities. Can she ruin the endings that they have achieved? But at the cost of her life and her children? No, she could not do it. No, she would never abandon her children, even if the world and all of the other ones hate her for it.

The Witch who abandoned the Burnt Woman, the one who put her into a stake, to be burned, cursed to an infinity of misery until the day she finds peace. Peace, oh, how lovely would that be to her, but how can she achieve that when the world was against her? No, it would only be fair that the War Maiden of Space and Time and the Burnt Woman would be alone in this endeavor.

Would she forgive him? Oh, that sweet man who was too foolish to understand. No, she cannot blame him for not knowing, and she cannot blame him for the many times she had broken his heart. Test? Trials? She was only being a fool who did not want to believe. And when she does, she saw what little light that the world had given her. Alas, it was a dream that was woken up by the reality that as long as she was the Burnt Woman. Her soul would be damned to never find that peaceful cabin in the woods.

She dreamed of starlight and the earthy scent produced when rain falls on dry soil. That village near the bamboo forest, the small giggle of her infants, and the back of that foolish man who wouldn’t give up. Ah, she couldn’t help but want it, beg for it, and would do anything for it.

The Burnt Woman wanted to be Ciara Alician. The Ciara Alician had a better ending than her who was damned to this cycle. There was no greater meaning to her actions other than her desire to be free of this cycle, and find peace.

She was not looking for forgiveness. She knows who she was and what she did to achieve all of this. She was not looking for pardon for what she had to do. Her sins were her own, and that she accepts without excuses. But she had a red line that she won’t cross. The powers that held her by the throat should know, no, they should realize who she was and what was her red line. She wouldn’t care if it was her. The anguish and pain was something she knew how to live with.

But the cries of her children that constantly echoes in her ears. Their painful cries as the world that used them for the sake of others, simply, because they were born into this world as powerful beings birthed by her. They had no right…the world did not have the right to use them as disposable tools.

The crystal cracks. The power that she had to withhold didn’t show any mercy. She would show no mercy to those who used her children. There was no reasoning other than to save her children. She would not let them grow without a mother to soothe their cries. She vowed to the void that she would not let them do so.

She would let her anger burn the universe.

5