Chapter 311: Hominy Contract
239 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

      To put it bluntly, the three sisters gave quite a feast to him. That was their greetings to the newcomer of this village, the place where they had been raised. The inn was simple that it had a few tables on the first floor, and some villagers ate inside of it as well. The Inn was run by the daughters of the Inn, inherited from their parents, who have sadly passed away.

Arel didn’t drink with how early it was. Arel sat with Nolan and the sisters who own the Inn. One of the sisters of the Inn was the one who worked in that clinic. The two sisters manage the Inn. One of the Sisters manages the cooking, and the other one handles the counter and those who would use the rooms upstairs. The Inn does not have any customers usually other than those who eat food. But some travelers make their way past this village and would settle down for a moment to eat. Arel and Nolan wouldn’t have anywhere to seat if it wasn’t for the sisters vacating one of the tables.

Lilia, the woman who wore a yellow dress with a bodice, beautiful cyan green eyes, fair skin, long waist-length brown hair was the oldest of the Sisters. Beside Lilia was Collete, a blue-eyed tanned skin beauty, with this gentle yet uppity smile on her face. Nolan sat with both elbows leaned on the table. The other sister was the one who ran the clinic, which was Iris.

“I’m glad that you have taken a liking to our island, Nolan.”

“Yes, this island is beautiful,” Nolan replied.

“Arel isn’t working you hard?”

“Oh, he’s been kind to me.”

“So what are your plans now?”

“For now, I think I’ll just try to set a proper footing and then decide what’s best for me. It is not my style to just do nothing.”

“I need someone to lend me a hand.,” Arel declared. “Farm’s getting big and I think the island will be expanded by Von soon.”

“Expanded?” Nolan said.

“Von’s been building the island again,” explained Lilia. “The island was rather small and it has been growing larger due to Von raising islands. We were having problems with where the people are going to live. But it looks like that’s a problem solved.”

“I am ignorant of the matter between the titan this island has. So forgive me, but is there no chance of that titan turning bad?”

Collete pushed her bowl. “He’s our eternal protector and has always does. Lady Dalia lives on this island and I doubt anyone would dare to attack an island protected by them. You don’t need to worry that much.”

“I see. That’s good to hear.”

“Are you like Arel? Did you fight in the war?”

“I fought in a war,” said Nolan. “But unlikely it’s the same war that Arel had. I’m done with all of that cruelty,” his face was filled with regret. There was a great pain that Arel couldn’t fathom.

Collete said. “I know that this is fighting as well, but if you are lacking money, then you can help the island by ridding the islands off the monsters.”

“You want me to kill them?” Nolan folded his arms. His voice turned serious. The calm tone of his was gone.

“No, you will send them back to where they belong,” Lilia explained. “The Hominy Contract has saved this land already and we’ve found a way to send them back to where they belong.”

“I’ve been hearing this Hominy Contract — is it related to this ‘way’ you are saying?”

She nodded, “Indeed, this contract allows us to evict the monsters from this plane. Instead of opening up their insides we cut their connection to this realm, forcing their body to be spirited away to their world. First, we must take down the ‘gate’ where they come from. Then these monsters will be sent home.”

“So, still going to use violence then.”

Lilia shrugged at that. “It is better than we did. It takes many blows to kill a monster. Crippling them, poisoning them, making sure that they suffer, compared to this? This is mercy and a better way. But the Hominy Contract is limited only to those who came from the gate. Those who are born into this realm are unaffected by the Hominy Contract.”

“So take them down the old fashion way.”

“Yes.”

Nolan got silent. He looked down on the table. His eyes on the pewter cup. “I only have to close the gate and make them go away. Hah,” he pushed against the table. “I can do that, but I’m going to need a weapon that can replicate this ‘hominy’ contract. I just have to do it.”

Arel wasn’t convinced with that tone of his. There was a dreaded determination in his voice and actions. To Arel, he always looked like a man who keeps moving despite how sick he was with doing it. Arel felt the attitude of a butcher of monsters. He wasn’t any better. He wasn’t new to this task. He had been a monster hunter even when he was fighting for the Empire. He had held monsters in chains and watched them get butchered for the sake of the precious materials that grow in their body.

It only stopped when the world had changed. The hero of the elemental light has changed the ways of the world. It was a change that no one had seen coming. They are still part of their lives, but yet the change was evident.

“I have a great sword, though a little rusty, it should be enough if you polish it with a whetstone.”

“Thanks, what do I do to activate the contract?”

Lilia went behind the counter and dragged the two-handed sword to Nolan. Nolan easily lifted the sword with one hand swung it, producing a gust of wind that made the hair of the customers stand up. Lilia looked at him and sang a short song that made the great sword glow.”

“Can you speak the words?”

“Light of home,” Nolan said. “I see. A weapon that sends them back home.”

Arel didn’t know why, but Nolan seems saddened by the thought of his home.

10