Chapter 315: The Unrelenting Her
288 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ashia was sure of her strike. Nolan blocked with the greatsword. Ashia pivoted hers with a blow directed to his side. The blow was fast, but he caught it with the length of the sword offering him an advantage. Ashia tried to move inside his guard. Nolan pulled his hand back and released a gust of wind with the mere thrust of his arm. Aisha blocked the attack with the dome of light around her.

Nolan swept his sword. She easily dodged. Nolan moves in for another palm strike, she uses her heel to slap the flat of his blade. Nolan uses the moment of her kick to pirouette the flat of his blade at her. She barely deflected the strike, her arm strength, feeling helpless at each inch that he moves his arm.

“There is no need to fight.”

“There is! Give it up!”

“Why do you go this far?”

Aisha tried to go for a headbutt, only for Nolan to take a step back, go under her arm, and use his shoulder as a lever, to slam her down on the ground. Realizing how overwhelming he was in close quarters, she blinked from that position and appeared fifteen feet away from Nolan. She conjured a milky light that formed into multiple arrows of light.

She pointed at Nolan and he was branded with a dot of light. The arrows she created made a beeline towards her. Nolan brandished his sword, fling his wrist, and swat the arrows of light. He slammed his foot on the ground. A hand made of flesh-like rock manifested below her. She stomped her foot and smashed the hand. She slid instantly in front of him and made a vertical strike.

He blocked it. He flicked the flat of his blade against her. Aisha realized that he was not planning to use the edge of his sword. If he doesn’t want to cut then she would use this chance to subdue him!

But Nolan wasn’t a newcomer to battle it seems. He sheathed his sword, brandished his fist, took a step forward with his left leg, and his right foot tiptoed, his hands up, chin tuck down. Aisha attacked. He quickly pivoted in another direction. He did a left hook. She avoided. Nolan weaved and went for a right hook. Aisha blocked his fist with her sword, snorted, and smashed her sword’s guard to his face.

Nolan got hit in the face. He got stunned. Aisha used this chance to make for a slanted slash at his shoulder, the edge of her sword burying.

“No smoke?” She thought. That should have damaged that power, but yet it did nothing!

Nolan swung his arm. Aisha dodged by a leap backward. Nolan took quick forwards steps. Aisha raised her arms to blocked his fist, but his barrage was getting strong. Aisha tried to get out of his flurry of attacks, but Nolan didn’t relent, he uses his elbows, forearms, knees, legs, and fists to attack her. It was a merciless attack that left her arms.

Nolan tried to grab hold of her sword, but she merely pulled it and went out of his grabbing range. Nolan made a straight punch pointed at her face. She weaves her head to the right, avoiding it. Nolan swept the flat of his blade, but she deflected it and went it for a riposte that stabbed the tip of her sword in Nolan’s chest.

“What?”

Nolan’s wounds closed as his flesh was sewn by something invisible. Nolan made a quick flick of his sword. Aisha rolled away from that flick and felt the air tremble. She couldn’t do anything when suddenly she was pulled on the left shoulder. Her body rotated clockwise thrice before she landed sideways on a rock wall of the islands. She saw Nolan bring down the flat of his blade at her, she rolled to the side, regain her footing, and leap away from that strike.

Nolan followed it with another strike. She blocked that strike again. Nolan swept her legs, and she fell on her back. Nolan stomped his leg on her stomach. He followed with another but she blocked it with her arms. But through the gaps, he saw Nolan made a kicking motion, and she became a fall that flew sidewards, destroying the trees, and crushing her own body against the rocks.

“I have to do it!” She creamed, lines of yellow light filled her body. She not taken this much of a beating ever since she and her students faced that monster, but yet this monster seems like it had no intention of using the edges of his sword.

Nolan flicks his arm that turned into a whip, smashing the ground in front of her. She strafe to the right, her body bathed in light that healed her wounds. She did not hesitate this time. Her sword blinked and she drew a line of light that instantly drew blood on him.

Nolan kneeled. She rushed to where he was and tried to stab her sword of light on him. The sword of light then passed through his chest. She started to sing the song of purification only for the sword of light to phase through his body as he stands.

Nolan’s face remained grim. Aisha didn’t relent as she drags her sword to where his body was, still, she found no smoke rising for her or the act of purification doing anything. Nolan spat blood, he kneeled on both knees and looked at Aisha, who still sung her song of light. There was no hesitation in her eyes, just a drive to do what she thought was right.

Nolan tried to stand, but she stomped on his shoulder to make him stay still. “I take no pleasure in this!”

Nolan moved his body, but Aisha used the dome to bind him in chains. She then started to sang the song of light louder only for the song to shatter, alongside her dome. The world stood still. The wind that was blocked by her dome of light blew again.

Nolan grabbed hold of something from the air. Aisha tried to block only for her world to go around, her body tossed in the air!

9