Chapter 326: The Witch Who Ran
254 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Think of it as a scene that happened before my eyes. I have two wonderful friends who loved each other. Their story was that of a fairy tale for me. They might of it as teasing if you tell them so. For some, their tale was that of a legend itself

There was a soldier who rose to the ranks of a knight by pure strength and will. He was a fine young man who was weaker than anyone, but his diligence and loyalty to the cause could not be questioned. How do I know this? Well, you could say that I was the one opposed him. He was far too lacking as a knight for the war maiden. She was a conduit of the elemental heroes and she needed a better guard.

He rose to defend her. He held lines for here that it was only then that I approved of him. My grips with him were that his self-esteem was that of the gutter. He clings to the war maiden because there was something that he found. Salvation or hope…who knows?

He was looked up to. He didn’t know it. Not because of his strength or looks. It was because everyone could see the tireless effort that he does. He said once, “I’m weak. I have to better than this. That is the only control that I have,” and that made my expectations of him rose. Even a fool could learn after many experiences. By the time thirty-years have passed, and when he finally got the love of his life to accept him. The war maiden loses his life.

The unbroken man that I know kneeled on two graves that day. Before the battle, he sacrificed the life of his unborn child so that the war maiden could fight without the baby holding her back. Nonetheless, she died by the pale mountain giant’s strike. He was saved physically but his lights were out.

I couldn’t say anything. None could. He disappeared. He left the light’s army and was gone from us. It was only when it was ten years later after killing off the obsidian demoness that I met him alongside his bleak walkers. He had grown into a fine man of stature. His eyes painted with the curse of the dread. He held no emotion. He was stone, but as expected he was not broken as I thought he’d be.

He was one of the many who approached me for the implanting of runes in their bones. I was hesitant to carve runes on his bones, but he insisted, and that he had better chances. He was easy to teach, but that didn’t mean he was a grand genius. But his line of thinking held difference and he surprised me with some of the things he knew. Maybe that was why he was effective.

The light’s army and the bleak walkers were separated. But he was not so easily forgotten. He refuses to acknowledge it, but staying at the side of the war maiden and his tales of fighting alongside her was something that many loved; whether noble or not. They had heard of the Knight Salvatore. Especially the day where he lost the war maiden. The elemental heroes of light knew him, but yet they could not face him after failing the war maiden.

He was an aging man by that time I met him. He was one of my only friends that his side was warmth for me. I had achieved things that I wanted and lifespan could outlive them. My body was strong so I did not need worry. By that time those who I called friends were buried six feet underground. He was one that still lived. I admit that there were days that my heart beat for him. Nonetheless, he was a man who sought purpose on letting death take him naturally while he does his best for the mission he had given his whole to.

At the ends of the world where we ended the overlord of the demons, I saw him run. It was something that he didn’t want him to do. I thought that I was being foolish, but I was able to pull through and survived. I was sure that he would one day come home. But he didn’t. He was found dead in the desert. The runes in his body retained his shape. I made sure that he was taken back to the Oasis where they would know that the Salvatore Knight was back.

I was glad that I found him. But what broke my heart was that after two years of his burial. The war maiden who should have died returned from the grave, desperately looking for his husband. It made sense of why the elemental heroes could still fight despite the death of the war maiden. The war maiden never died and thus their existence was ensured.

We didn’t have the heart. I should have told her. But what I found during that day was the smile of a woman who had taken her life in front of his husband’s grave. I had to witness such scenes of love and betrayal. The lines blurred during that time when I took the title of the Witch of the Nether. The world died not before long and I took the life of the guardians. But in the end, I was trapped alongside them. I could not escape. I have to watch two of my best friends love turned twisted.

They kill and love another. I watched it for so long that I had no strength to get involved. It was only when I learned of the truth that I choose not to pursue it. When the war maiden, not her, the burnt woman left and was surrounded by the gods. I choose that time to escape and I flew in this world where I could serve the people. I was afraid that I would have to witness them die again and again. I had enough so I left.

But looking at how things are. I start to wonder whether our fates are intertwined. The Witch of the Nether, I wonder if they will notice that it’s me?

7