Sam-01
29 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(I Made some edits don't know if they helped much but hopefully, they improved it)

 

A sudden onslaught of tickling jolted me awake. After being suddenly awoken, I shook off my morning grogginess while flailing my arms out from under my covers to stop whoever was attacking me.

In a dreary half-laugh, I yelled out “I’m up mom, I’m up you can stop now.”

“Good, you shouldn’t be sleeping in, today’s a big day. Your father is even coming home early from the gate just to celebrate with us.” replied his mother.

After retreating under my covers “I know I’ll be down in a minute to help you set up.”

After that my mother finally left my room then I now fully conscious got up from bed and walked over to the chest at the end of my bed and began looking for my best set of Clothes a pair of grey trousers, a shirt, and a Blue Overcoat which was better than most could gain thanks to my fathers work as an Officer at the city’s gate, one of the better jobs a commoner could get in the city, after a few minutes of searching I finally located my outfit and began preparing for my day.

Now fully clothed, I walked down the stairs of their home and saw my sister Mina playing in the corner with her favorite toy, a handmade doll that a traveling merchant gave her.

“Mina, come give me a hug.”

Mina hearing her brother call quickly climbed to her feet doll in tow and ran over jumping into Sam’s chest “I’m going to miss brother, are you sure you have to go?” asked Mina looking up at Sam from their hug her eyes almost watering

I Looked down at my sister I was going to miss her too but today was the beginning of my life now that I was sixteen I could go off to the Military academy and join the force like my father this was an opportunity I could not pass up even if the Military Academy commoners we allowed to visit was under-funded compared to the Royal academy were noble children attended “It won’t be so bad Mina I will visit on breaks and when I work at the gate with father, I can come back and live with you guys again.”

Trying to hold back her tears, Mina plunged her face into Sam’s chest. “You promise you’ll visit?”

“I promise. Now go wash up, you don’t want dad to see you crying, do you?”

“Ok.” After that Mina ran to the back to wash her face before dad came back from work.

Now that Mina was gone I walked to the kitchen and saw mother working to prepare what I could only assume was a small feast which I couldn’t blame her for because this was the most important day in her son’s young adult life after all.

I stared at her, she still hadn’t noticed me and as I stood there, the emotions I had been keeping held up for the past few days finally poured out as I ran over and hugged mother as tightly as I could. “I’m going to miss you, mom.”

Mother, her hands covered in flour, returned his hug “Oh, don’t cry Sam this is all part of growing up me and your father knew you were going to leave the nest eventually and it’s not like you’re going away forever you can still visit us even when you attend the academy.”

After I broke away from our hug and recomposed myself I realized how much I was going to miss this getting woken up every morning by mom walking down those steps seeing Mina playing in the corner with that doll of hers and my tears began again.

“Mom, I don’t know if I can handle leaving you guys just to go off and study even if I can visit.”

“Oh, sweetie it’s ok to worry but you can’t let that stop you from achieving your dream even if we don’t see each other as often after you graduate you can move back into the city and join the gate just like the both of you wanted.”

“Now. why don’t you go wash your face and play with Mina until your father I’m sure she would love to spend the day with you before you have to leave, Ok?”

After sniffling up my tears I finally croaked out my response, “You know what, yeah, I’m going to go spend the best possible day I can with Mina.”

With those last words, I began running out the backdoor of the kitchen, just barely catching my mother yelling after me, “Make sure you’re back in time for dinner your father prepared a special surprise for you!”

With my newfound resolve as I splashed my face with water from a barrel in the back of our house, I decided today was going to be a good day.

 

0