114: Meeting Up For Coffee
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was one place that Jack, Kal, and I were able to meet up again freely. The Empty-Dream distorted and asynchronous flow of time allowed us to steal a few minutes, that we could turn hours, or even days, for ourselves. Thus the three of us currently sat on an island of green that floated above a sea of sand. All of us were naked, our skin sticky with sweat and other things. All of us found relief and satisfaction in one another after what felt like an eternity of separation.

“Okay...That was fun...It’s been a while,” said Jack. Leaning into my shoulder.

“Yeah...I’ve missed this…” said Kal. Leaning into my other shoulder.

“Ngh…” I simply grunted, nodded, and sighed. A last spurt of ejaculate spilled over my lap and onto the grass we were sitting in. It took a second for me to be in a state where I could get words together. I wasn’t sure but it felt like the ladies might have learned some new tricks since I’d been with them last.

“Ah...Here I thought we’d wrung you dry…” said Jack. Smirking. Licking her lips as she looked at the mess I’d made, or rather the mess I’d added to, considering our activities for the last few in-game days.

“Heh, well, honestly, if it wasn’t him...It was gonna be me,” said Kalpana. Shifting with a soft grunt of discomfort and ease, and allowing a small deluge of sticky liquid flow out from between her legs.

“Huh...Looks like...I win,” said Jack. Smiling broadly. Leaning over me to give Kal a kiss and lick the pool of mess that Kal was now sitting in.

Then with a snap of the fingers, we were all miles away. Fully cleaned and fully clothed, sitting in an NPC-run cafe, in a large wheel that looped around the finger of an immense statue of one of the goddesses we were friendly with.

“Alright...Enough fun and sexy distractions. Let’s chat. You’ve missed a lot while you were keeping an eye on the situation in Sigfrid, so let’s catch you up,” said Jack. Signaling for one of the waitstaff to head over to our table.

“Honestly, I’m not sure I’d say you’ve missed ‘a lot’ exactly...I mean stuff’s been happening, but it’s nothing new, or particularly unplanned,” said Kalpana. Starting off the briefing with a not-so-brief description of how the cementing and consolidation of our Empty-Society’s control over the rest of the 122 multiverses that now made up our territory was going.

Apparently, things in that regard were going well. It was honestly a bit of a pleasant surprise that no new problems had come up, but the fact is most of us are a little too used to having the dog catch fire. Or at least we’re too used to worrying about the dog catching fire. Generally speaking, unless someone is out to get you, or your luck is particularly shit, things will usually fall within a certain range of predictability. Even if everything doesn’t go as planned, it’ll at least generally fail within that range of predictability.

Then again, that’s me speaking, as a nigh-omnipotent, nigh-omniscient, immortal being, who knows enough, and has been through enough that even new experiences like being overlord over multiple multiverses is starting to feel a bit “been there, done that”. Maybe I’m just totally up my own hindquarters, and life is just a shit show of randomness, and I was lucky enough to marry some very competent women, and have some decently trustworthy friends and allies.

“Okay, so in short...You had to put down a little less than ten attempts at “revolution” by some of the more blatantly fascist and authoritarian immortal hegemonies within our territory...The Lost-Moon pantheon and Shattered-Star Pantheon are starting shit with each other again, but mercifully leaving us and the other young immortals out of it...and a fresh new batch of young immortals have ascended from our shattered world, and the worlds that are under our control, and are hoping to be recruited...Is that right?” I said. Summarizing all that I’d been told.

“Pretty much…” said Jack.

“Oh, and also, we’ve made a fair bit of headway in expanding our mining and tapping operations in the nebula. So we should be good for resources and materials for the Empty-Dream for the near-future at least,” said Kal.

“Nice...Okay, uh...I honestly don’t know what to say. Thanks for all the help, you guys,” I said. Smiling. Holding both their hands under the table. Jack being Jack, she used her other hand and caressed something else, restarting a motor that I’d thought was already out of gas. The white-haired demoness kept a straight face all the while as she was doing so.

“Oi, stop...Let’s save that for when we’re not around people…” I growled. In mostly-feigned annoyance. Pushing back my chair a little.

“Ah...Well, sorry...I guess I missed you even more than I thought I did,” said Jack.

I blushed.

“Yeah...Well...I missed you guys too…And uh, maybe we can go for round...Huh,...what round was it now?” I said. Feeling warm and fuzzy inside.

“I honestly lost count…” said Kal.

“Meh, whatever...Then we can go for “another” round before we go our separate ways...Er, let's call it a round for the road,” I said.

“Sounds fun…” said Jack. Throwing me a sultry look, and resting her chin on the back of her hands.

“I’m game,” said Kal. Smiling.

“Cool…” I said. Nodding.

“So, we’ve told you what we’ve been up to. How about you? How have you been doing with our main objective and the side-objective?” said Jack.

I gave them a summary of my own activities. There wasn’t much to say. I explained how I’d been putting out the little fires that the Dark Song Orchestra had been attempting to start. I explained how I was getting the mortal populace, and local immortal powers, ready for the future big clash. Then I talked a bit about my hero-watching and supervillain consultations.

“Okay...But, hubby, what about the waifu hunt, hon? You haven’t said anything about that?” said Jack.

“Yeah...I mean. I sort of thought Kian would be DTF at least…” said Kal. Pouting a little.

“Eh!?... Er, I mean...Maybe…” I said. Choking on the coffee I’d been drinking and then struggling to pretend to keep my already clearly blown cool.

“I’m uh...I’m just trying to take things slow…” I said.

“I guess that’s fine…” said Kal. Sighing disappointedly.

“Yeah, marriage isn’t a thing to rush into...but you know...If you’re holding back on our account...By all means, get out there and crush that pussy. No need to mind us, love,” said Jack.

“Uh...Okay,” I said. Feeling a tad uncomfortable and embarrassed.

“And...uh, if this is a confidence thing...Not saying that it is…Just know that there are a multitude of reasons why we both fell in love with you, and even more reasons why we’ve stayed by your side...So, um...No need to be so shy, slugger,” said a blushing Jack.

“I...I get it...And um, thanks,” I said. Feeling a bit red in the face myself.

2