132: Going Home To Report
19 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A dragon-like man with the earnest, honest, look of a life-long commoner flew on a peerless sword. He wore simple gray-blue robes. His looks were handsome but not ostentatiously so. Wind flowed through his dark hair and whiskers. His body exuded a sense of strength and quiet domination. Despite his simple appearance, the atmosphere the man gave off was one of a true-born king. The sort that were uplifted and granted dominion over the world, by the divinity from on high.

Ying Ning flew from the Evergreen continent’s secret region, towards the southern-tip of the Frost-Soul Continent. After spending a few years visiting his old benefactor, it was time for the 350 years-young sword-cultivator, and sect elder, to return to the Glorious Sword Mountain. He crossed the tens of thousands of miles that lay between the secret region and his sect in a single week’s time. Flying over sea and land with ease. Cutting down the handful of demon-beasts that attempted to waylay him.

Glorious Sword Mountain was quite literally a mountain, or rather it was a mountain range. All of them standing tall and proud and mighty. Each mountain was covered by countless swords. The blades all jutted from the ground like grass and weeds, sprouting from the soil. Their metal bodies were tarnished by time, rust, and dust, and hidden by snow and verdant overgrowth.

Yang Ning flew to one of the peaks that were farther away from the sect’s main ground. It was one of the mountain peaks belonging to one of Glorious Sword Mountain’s ancestors. An old man with a shiny bald head, a wrinkle-lined face, sharp and bright eyes, and a scraggly mustache. An ancient and august master of the blade known by the name of Tae Chul-Moo. Yang Ning’s master. The one who taught the young cultivator the path of the sword and blade.

“I’m back, master,” said Yang Ning.

“Nhn…Welcome back, brat,” said Tae Chul-Moo. Nodding and humming. His expression was apathetic, yet it could be seen that Tae Chul-Moo was pleased to see his disciple back safe and sound, from the old man’s posture, and a certain warmth in his gaze.

“Did you find what you were looking for?” said Tae Chul-Moo.

Yang Ning smiled. Nodding sheepishly.

“Actually, yes, master….I did…” said Yang Ning. Dropping the stealth technique he’d been using to suppress the fluctuations created by his imposing cultivation.

“Oh ho…It seems you came back with some fairly substantial gains,” said Tae Chul-Moo.

“Indeed, I did, Master….” said Yang Ning.

Yang Ning sat and spoke to his master about all he’d seen and experienced over the past few years. Feeling like he was back to being a child again as he excitedly explained everything he’d seen and done. He gave his master a few samples of the fruits and herbs that he’d found while he was wandering through the lands of the secret region and the Lost-Cloud Moon. He was especially excited to speak about the Senior. The mysterious master of their world’s third moon. Yang Ning would never forget those last few years for the rest of his life.

“My stars!...Not bad, not bad. You’ve actually broken through two realms, not just the one that you meant to break through…You’re not that far-off from being as strong as this old man,” said Tae Chul-Moo. His stoic look shattering as he took a closer look at his disciple. A broad, proud, smile on his face.

“I wouldn’t have been able to do it without your help and the help of the senior, master,” said Yang Ning. Also smiling, but keeping his tone humble.

Yang Ning went on to explain the insights and experience he’d gained while sparring with the senior. He took the opportunity to ask his master a few questions about things that had puzzled him during and directly after those spars.

Tae Chul-Moo frowned slightly, his expression thoughtful.

“Was that senior of yours truly so profound?”

“Master, you should have seen it…With slight movements, he could shift the heavens…He made a world on the moon just as a means of passing the time…Did you see the calamity-beasts that were approaching our sky?” said Yang Ning.

“Of course, I did…The damned things are too huge to miss,” said Tae Chul-Moo. Laughing dryly.

“And did you see them disappear?” said Yang Ning.

“Again, how could I not?” said Tae Chul-Moo.

“Well, I literally saw first hand from my vantage on the moon…and I saw it even closer when a second set of the beasts came…”

“Ah, that senior of yours….Did he use some secret art to deal with the creatures?” said Tae Chul-Moo. His tone curious.

“That’s the thing…He didn’t…At least, as far as I could tell. To my eyes, it seemed the senior simply swatted the beasts out of existence.

Tae Chul-Moo sucked in a cold breath.

“Intriguing…Perhaps, I shall go and pay respects of my own some time or the other,” said Tae Chul-Moo. Already thinking of when he’d next be free to leave the sect and wander around Nine-Clover for a bit.

 

3