Her Resolve
340 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'What kind of madness is this?' Devin was annoyed by Elena's stubbornness.

Devin mumbled as he stormed off to his school. But contrary to his expectations Elena followed behind him.

"Damn, she is following me now?" Devin mumbled. Devin could have reported to the police but that would mean he got scared of a girl. How could he accept such a fate?

Devin would just have to make it impossible for Elena to follow him. That day, Devin chose to go school through a different route. He decided to pass through the red light district.

"Let's see now how you follow me here."

His lips arched into a devilish smile.

The red light district is something which Devin himself detested. After all people paid to have sex here with sluts who were already fucked my multiple men. For Devin who believed in sleeping only with his own woman… a girl whose cherry he himself had plucked, how could he like such a place? But today he was putting it to proper use.

But contrary to his expectations Elena followed behind him even in the red light district not minding the lecherous gazes that were laid on her. Devin  could swear that he could perceive some of those scum even approaching her.

"Damn! I might be stupid… but I am not a jerk"

Ellis took a 180 degree turn as he got back the way he came. Elena followed behind him without a word. In the end, it was Devin who was following him. Devin couldn't bear let her go through a place that he himself detested to such a degree. It looked to him in theory but in practice? He had to back off.

For the next part Elena followed behind him till he reached his school without any stupid detours.

"Hehe.. how are you going to come inside now? Without even an ID card?"

He showed his Id card to the guard outside and stormed inside the school. Elena followed behind him but was obstructed by the school guard outside.

"Miss, your Id card?"

Everyone who entered the school had to carry an ID card. The teachers, the students even the workers too.

"Sir, I forgot to bring mine." She looked at him apologetically.

"Then I am sorry I cannot let you enter," even though the guard was reluctant to turn Elena away but rules were still rules. He couldn't afford losing his job.

"It's okay," she turned moping away.

Elena ducked her head and walked away but not too far as she leaned against the school wall and waited for him at that place.

Devin was curious too. He wanted to know if she finally left. So he did come back to check only to find Elena standing patiently outside.

"What is her problem? Isn't she going to leave?"

Devin can't forget how she was outside of his apartment for the whole night. She might as well stand outside the school as well for the whole day. What if those scums try to hit on her? A lone and stupid girl like her standing all alone in the middle of the street was not a good thing.

If it was someone else Devin probably wouldn't care but for some reason seeing her sincerity, he couldn't just give her the cold shoulder.

He came out of the school gates. Storming close to her he pulled her by her hand and took her to an alleyway. Elena didn't resist and Devin had very much predicted so. He could only sigh at her foolishness.

But Elena had other thoughts on her mind.

'At least he has not abandoned me completely'

Devin pushed her against the wall and then placed his hand on the same leaning close to her.

"What do you want Elena? Why don't you just go home and leave me alone!"

"I have no one in this word other than you"

Devin rolled his eyes.

"Ugh, that bullshit again. Why do you repeat it like a parrot when I am not buying that at all?"

"Because it is the truth," she looked away, not wanting to meet his eyes.

"Fine, even if I assume what you say is true. But why me? There are lots of guys that would lick your feet with your bullshit."

"Not any other guy. It has to be you. You are the only one that I adore."

*Bam*

Devin hit the wall behind her with his other hand making her flinch out of fear and surprise.

"Can you stop that, please? It's getting annoying." Devin narrowed his eyes as his lips pressed to a white sash.

"If you can't believe me I have nothing else to say but my stance will be the same," she declared glaring into Devin's eyes.

Till now she was embarrassed but a strange wave of emotions swept her off her feet. It was as if she wants to stress that no matter what Devin says she will not change her ways.

Devin sighed as he looked up at the sky at the clouds moving in the wind. He was just like those winds moving wherever the flow took him. He didn't worry about anything until now. For sure being lonely was a bit traumatizing at times especially when you are going through your bad days. But so what? At least he didn't have to go through these sorts of trouble.

'By what misfortune have I brought upon myself?' Devin cursed his luck as he sunk in lamentation. He wasn't sure anymore what he was supposed to do.

***

Support me to help me continue writing on my patreon: https://www.patreon.com/shinyshirogane

 

4