Opening Up [2]
313 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Devin’s shoulder drooped as he sighed. At least from what she told him about her, Elena seemed like a completely different girl than what he had thought. At first he thought that she was a bitch just playing around with a guy's heart but now he was having second thoughts. She was lonely just like him. Maybe they made the perfect match for each other. Who knows?

‘I am not sure what I should do now.’

Devin's chin quivered as he held onto his stomach. He was feeling guilty for treating Elena the way that he did. But he also believes deep down that he wasn't at fault either after all Elena was a stranger. The conflict of emotions kept swirling in his heart.

He turned his gaze to Elena.

“Acho!” 

*Sniff* *Sniff*

She indeed had caught a cold. Devin, not thinking anything, took out his coat and wrapped it around her shoulders. Devin was the type to act before thinking. He was feeling guilty and regretting his action. He had to at least do this much.

“Elena, I know I don’t deserve to say this. But I really regret how I treated you, if possible please forgive me.” Devin's voice cracked. He had a deep desire of fixing things. Making them the way they were before.

Elena wasn't the first one who had acted this way. Even in the past some girls had asked him out. But unlike Elena they were bitches just playing around with whichever guy they get their eyes on. Of course all of them met the same rejection  as Elena did. So even if Elena's intentions might have been pure but Devin had experience bad shit so many times that it was hard for him to believe.

Even now Devin wasn’t sure if she was telling the truth or not. But from her expressions she didn’t seem to be lying.

Devin sighed.

'Either she is telling the truth or she is a really great actor. But acting or not what I did was really wrong. I should have thought about it more.'

But alas Devin was used to acting before thinking. Just a single event wasn't enough to change the bad habit of his.

Elena nodded as she pulled Devin’s coat closer to her body.

“I will forgive you but… only if you marry me,” she squeaked as she looked away her face all red.

“Pfft,” Devin burst out laughing holding his stomach.

Elena's cute and embarrassed face was enough of a stimulation for his laughter added by the fact of how persistent she was. He had always considered Elena’s wants as a joke but this was the first time he had laughed on it. But it was not a laughter of scorn but a laughter of joy.

“Oh my God, my stomach hurts from laughing.”

“What’s so funny. You dummy!” Elena couldn’t help but laugh as well as she wiped the tear off her face.

Her laughter was as if in perfect resonance with his. And Elena hadn’t even realized when Devin’s gaze had fixated on her.

“You know Elena. I might be wrong. But you are like my ideal girl,” Devin sighed. “But people don’t downright marry each other. They go out with each other first.”

“Ahh…” Elena opened her mouth but couldn’t say anything. Before she could, Devin’s finger had found their way on her lips. Her lips were softer than usual making Devin’s fingers sink into them.

“Wait, I am not done yet. And I know what you are going to say anyway.” He smiled.

Literally at this point, Devin had those two words so many times that it was literally ringing in his ears. 'Marry me' was all she was gonna say and Devin didn't want to hear what he already knows.

“Let’s go home. We will talk from there. You must be feeling cold”

***

*Click*

Devin turned the keys and opened the door as he could feel the warmth burning on his left arm. Elena was leaning against him... frail and powerless. She had a high fever which made her body burning hot.

“I am sorry again.” He told her apologetically as he helped her lie down on his bed.

Elena looked away. "If you are sorry, you know what you have to do." But Devin could only smile wryly.

It was then that he realized that how defenseless Elena was towards him. His eyes traveled through her body.

'I kinda find it hard to believe that she is a virgin. How could it be possible when she is this defenseless against guys? Or is it just me?' Devin couldn't be sure. He had never seen Elena talking to any other guy.

Throughout the day he did everything in his power to nurse her to well being.

“Thank you, Devin. You are the best. I am even more sure I want to be with you,” she whispered as she laid on her bed.

Devin gave her a wry smile.

“You are right. We can be together helping each other like this when one of us falls sick..." Devin's voice trailed off as he looked out of the window in a daze sinking in melancholy, "When I used to fall sick there was no one to help me…”

Devin sighed his shoulder drooping low. But out of nowhere he felt Elena’s caress on his hand. She held onto it with hers.

“I am here for you. You just need to say yes,” she blinked staring into his eyes.

“Ha ha, maybe yes or maybe not,” Devin continued. “Or maybe I am just a coward… scared that you might be an imposter, scared that all of this might be just another dream, scared that it would be all but a ploy… a trick. Honestly I don’t know what I should do anymore but somehow I want to trust you.”

Elena’s pupils shook.

“I promise I will do everything in my power to win your trust. So please just give me this chance... marry me.”

She looked at Devin with begging eyes. But all Devin did extending his hand as he flunked her forehead.

“Ow”

“You need to get healed first before thinking about marriage. Silly girl.”

Elena stared at him as she held onto her forehead. His bright smile as if made her forget all of her pain. No... it drew all the pain towards her heart.

*Badump*

Elena’s heart beat got all the more faster.

***

Support me to help me continue writing on my patreon: https://www.patreon.com/shinyshirogane

 

2