Merging in Surroundings
182 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'That voice told me that I can manifest food from thin air. So…'

Devin tried to feel how it works and closed his eyes. Somehow he instinctively knew what he had to do. As the information seeped through his brain. He could feel the energy flowing through his nerves as it began accumulating at the base of his palm. Soon enough, he began imagining what he wanted.

The air around the palm of his right swayed as it moved away making space. The space glowed in a viridescent light. And soon enough an apple formed in his palm. He could feel its freshness through his skin as he finally opened his eyes to see what was in front of him.

"Wow it worked!"

There it was a fresh and red apple just as he had imagined.

*Crunch*

He took a bite as the juiciness of the product burst forth in his mouth.

"It's real," then he continued. "Well, I am in much better situation than I imagined so I probably don't have to worry so much."

The world that he was teleported in seemed to be rather tame if he were judge it from its appearance. There were humans, shops, houses, inns… didn't seem like he would have too much of a problem here.

*Bam* *Bam*

Had he knew the reason behind the knocking noises on the massive door of the town, he wouldn't have been so calm at this point.

"Okay now for a change of clothes…"

Devin was still in his home shirt and shorts. He took off his shirt and wrapped it around his waist.

He was from earth. And if the residents of the world found him wearing earthly clothes they were sure to find him suspicious. It was better to walk naked than the clothes he was wearing.

But did Devin make such meticulous calculations? His sharp instinct was enough to warn him of the dangers of the situation. Always living alone throughout his life Devin had gone through a lot and had a sharp instinct. That would explain how he was still in one piece even after being renowned as the 'trouble seeker'.

He chose to walk half naked. He just knew out of pure instinct that to merge in the surrounding he had to do this. He never thought much before making his move… to actually take action!

'Now to look for some clothes.'

He was looking to bag some clothes. With Infinite food under his belt, that was the first thing he should be worried about.

If it was anyone else they would have panicked in such a situation. But Devin had seen worse. As long as some delinquents weren't chasing after his life he felt safe.

He walked around the town. It had small brick made structures that had a rugged appearance from the outside with no paints to speak of. Some had but they too were subject to time and erosion.

Down the street he found a shop that was selling clothes. The owner of the shop seemed to be a lady seamstress sitting outside of his shop shooing away the flies with her hand fan.

'Who is he?'

As she realized Devin was walking towards her shop, she couldn't help but form a frown. Devin was dressed like a beggar yet he seemed properly fed.

'How could that be?'

"Who are you?" the lady asked.

"Madam, I am feeling cold," Devin said as he wrapped his hands around his body. "I have some stock of food. Can you tell me where I can sell it for money? I want to buy some clothes."

The lady frowned.

"Food? Where is food? I can see none with you!"

Devin smiled.

His hands that were behind him were brought to the front. He was holding a piece of thin bag that was filled with ration to its brim.

The lady had her eyes struck on it. On a different day she wouldn't have cared. But she was going through her bad times.... The whole town was going through his bad times.

She forgot to reason out how a beggar could have such supplies when the whole town was starving!

"This is the last morsel I have. Ma'am I am feeling cold. I want to sell them and earn some clothes."

*Gulp*

The lady gulped. Hunger was making her lose her mind. In the usual scenario she would have chased off such a fiend. But not today…

She clasped her hands.

"Oh! You want clothes! Sure come in. I have some for you!"

She could very well spare some cheap clothes for him. These clothes were something that she could get her hands on anytime but at the moment he needed food to last her.

"Can I check that stuff which you claim to exchange?"

Devin nodded. She ducked closer and took a sniff of it. The smell of it was fresh bread. The smell of wheat drifted in her nostrils.

'It's fresh'

The food that Devin creates with his food magic are always fresh and ripe. Devin could create rotten and poisonous food too in case he wishes for it.

But the lady didn't think of poison or anything alike. Hunger had made her mind go blank! She couldn't think straight! What was the reason for that state of hers? That was a mystery.

"I think these ones would fit." The lady brought in some cheap rags for Devin.

Devin nodded.

'These will be enough for the time being.'

Devin could always complain about her passing cheap clothes to him but he didn't feel the need for it. For him anything goes. He was used to living with 'less'. And it wasn't like having better ones would aid in his survival.

***

Author: Buy me a coffee at my patreon: www.patreon.com/shinyshirogane

3