『7』
1k 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

「 Rimuru Transform! 」(Rimuru)

I was currently watching Rimuru and Ranga test out their abilities while I floated around a sulked.

Why was I still an orb? And I was a pretty big orb too, was I going to become a never expanding orb?

How could I, once called the White Demon known for my white hair, turn into an orb? I simply would not accept it.

Thinking back about the spars I had with Tomoe Gozen, it was quite unfortunate we didn't fall together in the same battlefield. She was one hell of a samurai, she could possibly rival me and she was cute too.

I mentally laughed when she would turn bright red whenever I teased her, just maybe if that world was peaceful we could be together, but the past is the past. Let this life be better than my past, I would surely enjoy my new life.

If I had a mouth, I would be smiling right now.

Thus, something deep in my soul changed. 

BOOM!

The rock exploded as Rimuru shot his black lightning in his star wolf form,  I was brought back to reality.

Sigh, how I wish I could hold a katana again. 

The village has been getting better, the blacksmiths were teaching goblins their crafts. 

Kaijin taught smithing skills, Garm taught armor smithing, Dord taught craftmanship, and Myrd taught architecture and arts. 

This was slowly becoming a better village, much better than before. 

But there was a slight problem, our population suddenly upped to 500 when we got back. Rigurd said goblins from the other villages came here to seek population, well the more the merrier. 

I asked why Rimuru didn't turn them away and he said that Orcs, Lizardmen, Ogres, and other intelligent monsters has been fighting for dominance in the Great Forest of Jura, meaning the goblins would be eliminated.

There wasn't much we could do about that. 

Therefore Rimuru named all 500 of them and slept for 3 days again.

I interacted with some of them and even trained them in weaponry. Though I wasn't the social type, such things like these weren't wroth my time.

「 S-shinju-sama! 」(Goblina)

「 Hmm? 」(Shinju)

Turning around, there was a goblin girl who was looking shyly at me.

「 What is it? 」(Shinju)

「 Rimuru-sama has sent me to alert you that there are humans coming. 」(Goblina)

Humans? And of all places here? Were they here to check on us?

The goblina led me towards where Rimuru was but I stopped.

「 What's wrong? 」(Goblina)

「 You go first, I'll be there in a bit. 」(Shinju)

「 But- 」

「 Trust me, it'll be fine, Rimuru will understand, 」(Shinju)

The goblina hesitated for a moment and I floated towards the sky. 

I saw 4 humans getting chased by a couple big red monsters, the girl with the mask on stopped and turned around. Her blade was on fire, once they got close to her, the girl released a huge fireball from her sword and burned them all to crisp.

Well, that's one hell of a skill. 

As for the last four red monsters, she easily cut them down with accuracy and left them to burn to crisp with her fire. The other 3 adventures were left in shock as the girl easily killed them. 

Though one was still alive, she raised her sword but something seemed to struck her from the inside and she fell to one knee. Before the red monster could attack her, black lightning appeared out of nowhere and struck the red monster.

The girl's mask flew off revealing a girl with 3 rep stripes near her eye, Rimuru's soulmate.

I floated over to where they were.

「 Your black lightning was a bit too strong. 」(Shinju)

「 I was just about to say that... 」(Rimuru)

「 An orb and a slime? 

「 Is there a problem with an orb and a slime? 」(Shinju)

「 Uh, no. 」(Adventure 1)

「 I never knew an orb and a slime could talk. 」(Adventure 2)

「 I can't believe this. 」(Female Adventure)

「 Give her back the mask already. 」(Shinju)

「 Right, here's your mask back. You weren't hurt right? 」(Rimuru)

The girl took the mask.

「 No, I'm alright. 」(Rimuru's Soulmate)

Though I'm quite surprised they met each other this fast. 

「 You saved me, thank you. 」(Rimuru's Soulmate)

So this was the girl that was destined with Rimuru, though something seems kind of wrong with her body.

...

I was in the tent with the adventures and I hated this very much.

They were bickering about who gets the food, seriously just eat and let me rest in peace. Eating with such a fierce face and attitude, I could only sigh. Though it seems I've seen them somewhere before.....oh right! These three were from the cave that me and Rimuru encountered. 

The curtain opened as Rimuru entered, finally.

「 I was just about to die. 」(Shinju)

「Certainly it wasn't that bad right? 」(Rimuru)

「... 」(Shinju)

「 So it was bad, okay. 」(Rimuru)

While Rimuru's soulmate was eating with her mask on peacefully, why can't the other 3 be like her. 

「 Guests, I fear we have little to offer. Are you comfortable here? Allow me to make introductions. This is our master Rimuru-sama and this is our second master Shinju-sama.  」(Rigurd)

「「 Master?? 」」(The 3 adventurers)

「 What's wrong with that? 」(Shinju)

「 No, but...」

「 We knew you were an ordinary slime but we had no idea. 」

I guess it was to be unexpected, an orb and a slime were somehow masters. 

「 Nice to meet you, I'm not a bad slime! 」(Rimuru)

「 Nice to meet you guys, I'm not a bad orb either! 」(Shinju)

「 Pfftt... 」(Rimuru's Soulmate)

As I thought, his soulmate is definitely an Otherworlder, one of those summons is what my instincts are telling me. 

「 We apologize, we never expected to be saved by a monster but we do appreciate it. 」

「 At least these humans had some respect. 」(Shinju)

「 Now, relax Shinju. 」(Rimuru)

「 Thank you for the meat! 」

「Thank you for your help. 」

The girl with the mask has yet to say anything...she sure moves at her own pace. 

「 So why are you guys here? 」(Shinju)

「 I'm Kaval. For what's worth, I'm the leader of the party. 」(Kaval)

「I'm Eren! 」(Eren)

「 I'm Gido, nice to meet you! 」(Gido)

「 And this is the temporary member who just happened to be going the same way as us. 」(Kaval)

「 Shizu 」(Shizu)

So her name is Shizu, it does have a nice tone to it. 

「 And? 」(Shinju)

「 We're here at the request of the Guildmaster in the Kingdom of Blummund. 」(Kaval)

He told us all of their plans as if he'd never suspect anyone.

A Guildmaster of Blummund, one of the nations bordering the Great Forest of Jura, asked them to investigate the area.

I couldn't complain, I'd investigate too if monsters started gathering in a place and started to grow. 

It seems like the disappearance of eldest brother had been more effective than we thought. 

「 I see. 」(Rimuru)

「 Well, as you guys can see. We're in the middle of building our village.. 」(Shinju)

「 Does the Guild have some sort of problem with that? 」(Rimuru)

「 I don't think so. 」(Kaval)

「 Un, it's nothing the Guild has any say in it. What about the country though? 」(Eren)

「 I don't know. 」(Gido)

Luckily the Guild didn't have any problem, if they did have a problem. They would be in big trouble...

「 I see, I get it.  You guys can stay here tonight. 」(Rimuru)

「「 Thank you! 」」

...

Near the cliff as the sun started setting.

「 You're an Otherworlder aren't you? 」(Shinju)

「 Un, I'm guessing you too? 」(Shizu)

「 Yeah. By how you grip your blade and attack, I'd say you've been fighting for a long time now. 」(Shinju)

「 I'm surprised you can tell. 」(Shizu)

「 I have been fighting for a decade nonstop after all in my past life. 」(Shinju)

「 Eh? Really? 」(Shizu)

「 Un, in those 10 years or more, I've probably taken at least a million lives, if not more. 」(Shinju)

Taking a hundred lives in just a week, I surely deserved the name White Demon. 

「 I guess your life was more tragic than mines. 」(Shizu)

「 Who knows, it seems like Rimuru is here. I think he'd like to talk to you. 」(Shinju)

I started floating away into the forest as the sun set behind me.

Was my life really tragic?

32