『15』
867 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before the week Shinju decided to start teaching the students, she decided to check out the slight disturbance in the air when she hovered over the bridge. 

In her orb form, she was flying over the bridge trying to find out the weird feeling again. Despite the clear water, it was quite hard to see through the water. Though she knew that wasn't normal, if the water was clear so why couldn't she see though?

Suspicious.

As she kept flying over the water that was under the bridge, she suddenly felt the feeling again, immediately changing into her human form and dropping down into the water.

Luckily, she tested out if she could breath in the water and move freely, and she was able to! This was thanks to her orb's form abilities to be able to move anywhere freely under any circumstances.

As Shinju dropped into the water, she could see again. 

There were no fish nor monsters anywhere, it was just clear with a few coral reefs and sea plants. Though she still hasn't reached the bottom of the big lake of water, going deeper into the water, the feeling of danger increased.

'So there is something here.' 

As the feeling of danger increased as she went deeper, the coral reefs were dead and the plants looked like they had rotted.

Once she got to the deepest part, the feeling of danger completely disappeared. But she was now in front of a cave, it's entrance was wide, wide enough to fit monsters.

Using that information, Shinju went into the cave with caution. Once she stepped into the cave, there was air and no signs of water anywhere. It was as if there was a barrier separating the water and the cave, though she also felt a little connection into the cave.

The walls of the cave was filled with magicules and magic ores, there were also stone spikes hanging from the ceiling. If it fell on a normal person, that person would definitely die.

The magicules in the air increased as the magic ores started disappearing. The walls of the cave looked a bit more refined than it was at the entrance.  There was a possibility of life in here and could also be dangerous.

After passing a corridor, she was met with a choice. On the left side was an entrance and on the right side was always an entrance.

'Should I go left where nothing is right or should I go right where nothing is left?'

Shinju decided to go left since it was better than a place where nothing is left.

The walls of the tunnel was shaved well, it wasn't rocky at all and had a smooth surface towards it.

After several minutes of walking through the tunnel, Shinju had already confirmed there were signs of life, humans or monsters or possibly even both. 

Once she reached to the end of the tunnel, there was a sound of a click and a bright light enveloped her vision. When it disappeared, she was in another place full of magic ores and rock pillars.

SNAP!

Turning to the sound, there were multiple large beetles coming to her direction.

"Seriously? Was this a trap?" questioned Shinju.

She started running around and gathered her thoughts. There were beetle monsters, that must be the reason why the surface of the tunnels were smooth, they were quite intelligent in some areas.

"This makes sense, should've expected this." muttered Shinju.

Though a dead end only awaited her, she looked back at the dozen of large beetles coming at her, there was an exit there! Luckily the beetles weren't fast, but they were smart and had intelligence.

They were able to figure out Shinju wanted to go for the exit, they immediately backed up and spread out to cover space.

'I guess I'll have go the old fashioned way, killing them all one by one.'

But Shinju had to be cautious since she didn't know their abilities yet. The beetles were set up in a 4 by 3 formation, unknown to the beetles, she was a experienced fighter for a decade.

Targeting the second to last beetle, she used her speed as an advantage and pierced the beetle's head. Green blood started spilling from the beetle as it went motionless. 

The beetle to my left tried biting me with it's sharp fangs, but that was my plan since the beetle to my right was doing the same thing. I jumped out of the way and watched the 2 beetle's sink each other's fangs into their heads and went motionless. 

The beetles saw 3 of their dead friends and was filled with rage, they broke formation and immediately charged towards her.

"To blind yourself with anger is when you lose the battle." muttered Shinju.

Since the beetles were blindly attacking, Shinju was easily picking off 1 or 2 of them with ease. After 4 of them had been easily killed by simply attacking and dodging, the beetles started backing up since there were only 5 of them left.

"Running awa-" before Shinju could even finish.

Something the size of a baseball was shot at me with force, leaving cracks onto the wall behind me.

'...they shot a ball of turd at me? Disgusting.'

Shinju immediately sprinted towards them but the beetles started spreading out in 5 different directions.

One north, one northwest, one northeast, one southwest, and one southeast. 

5 balls of turds were shot at her and she could only scrunch her nose in disgust. Running towards the beetle southwest of me, she easily dodged the turds using magic sense. Shinju ran in a zig zag pattern in order for their shots to miss, before the beetle had time to react, she crouched in front of it and pierced it's head from it's chin. 

She didn't waste any time praising herself, she started running to the beetle northwest of her. The beetles predicted this though, they shot balls of turds at her but what they didn't predict was her route. She stopped in place and rain in many different patters causing the beetles to not know where to shoot.

Due to the beetle's confusion, the beetle that was northwest was already killed, with it's severed head on the floor. The beetles couldn't see her anywhere, it was as if she disappeared. But right now she was hovering over the beetle northeast as an orb, immediately changed into her human form and pierced the beetle's head from above. 

Shinju looked towards the last beetle, it had started running away in fear. But it was too late, a flash of blue lightning appeared and the beetle went motionless as it dropped to the ground.

Shinju sheathed her katana and started walking towards the exit of the room.

'It seems more monsters await me...'

 

 

29