『18』
953 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After stomping on the last tiny spider, I leaned against the wall and looked at the hundred small spiders all crushed and deformed.

"Annoying, took a whole 30 minutes." I said in frustration,

I kicked the wall behind me in frustration but then it suddenly collapsed as I started falling.

"Well, let's see where it takes me."

I've been falling for a decent amount of time when I suddenly landed on something hard. It was something similar to armor or a hardened shell. 

I got up and saw what I landed on, it was a spider with armored skin covering it's body. I stared at it's eight eyes before i jumped off it, the moment I got off, it swung one of it's legs at me but I easily evaded. 

The area I was in was large, it could fit multiple large monsters. It was confirmed, there was another monster here other than the knight spider. 

Just when I finished my thoughts, a felt something about to attack me and I immediately ducked. 

Looking up, it was a huge bat trying to catch me with it's claws. It was the monster bat that I saw back in the Veldora cave.

It's skills were vampirism, by sucking the target's blood, it can temporarily gain it's skills. The other was Ultrasound Waves, it was used to make the enemy faint and can also pinpoint one's location.

A knight spider and a bat coordinating attacks...that sure is something knew. It seems like the monster's intelligence were rising, was something here causing them to be smarter?

After I finished my thoughts, I looked at the bat that was staring at me from the ceiling, the knight spider that looked like it was ready to pounce on me.

ZTTZ!

I decided to go for the bat first, running up the pillar and springing towards the bat hanging from the ceiling. Before I could reach the bat, it flew away and soundwaves struck my body. I couldn't move mid air while falling but it was instantly countered as I dropped back to the ground.

The knight spider pounced towards me and used to of it's sharp claws from it's legs to pierce me, I easily deflected it with the sheath of my blade. The real problem here was the bat, it could detect where I was and possibly communicate with the spider. 

Although it was hard to believe, who knows how long they've been together. They could've developed a language only they could understand with each other. 

Despite it's large figure, it was pretty quick. Seeing that it's sharp claws failed to hit me, it side stepped behind a pillar for protection.

A strange noise came from the spider, that's when I sensed something coming at me from behind. The large bat had it's fangs wide meaning it was trying to suck my blood.

"It's not that easy."

I unsheathed my katana and cut off one of it's large fangs, it flew the other direction and let out a cry. 

The spider behind the pillar made a zig zag pattern as four of it's legs came at me.

ZTTZ!

Sparks of blue lightning appeared as 4 of it's legs were dropped to the ground.

With a slash of my blade, half of it's body was cut in half as the bat watched in horror. As the spider dropped with a thud, a cry left the bat's voice making the room shake with it's ultrasound waves.

Running up the walls of the cave, I sprung from my spot and pierced the bat's mouth while it was letting out it's scream. As we both hit the ground, I took my blade from it's mouth and pierced it's head.

The room shook again as a larger creature came out of the ceiling, it looked like a bat, but it was different, it looked mutated. I remembered what mutated monsters were, due to the high amount of magicules affecting them, it allowed monsters to mutate. 

This was my first time seeing one and it wasn't pretty at all. With spiky claws, green liquids coming out of it's mouth, bloodshot eyes, and it's large wings. 

SSST!

It sprayed the green liquid at me and I dodged, the ground started to steam as some of the pebbles start to melt. Acid, the mutated bat sprayed acid at me. So it was different from the regular bats, instead of evolving, it mutated into something else. 

As it sprayed more liquid at me, I ran in different patterns so it couldn't predict where I was going. The bat stopped shooting it's acid and let out a scream.

The soundwave struck me as I was knocked back.

"Soundwaves that knock someone back? You really are a different monster." I muttered.

As another spiral waves of sound came, I ran to the right and threw a rock at it. Sure enough, it had to stop it's soundwaves to dodge or else it would've been hit. 

Taking this information, I threw my katana towards the bat. Changing into my orb form, I flew after the sword. Once the bat stopped it's soundwaves and dodged, I changed back into my human form, then grabbed the hilt of the katana, and thew it at it's head.

SHHK!

The blade pierced through it's skull as it dropped to the ground, taking the blade out of it's head, and sheathing it. I started walking around to look for an exit.

Walking deeper into the area, there was a high amount of concentrated magicules in one of the corners. As I went towards the corners, clicking sounds enveloped the area, it was as if there were switches here.

It got louder as I got closer, there had to be an entrance here. 

Once I got to the corner, the high amount of magicules suddenly disappeared as the are started shaking. 

BOOM!

Rocks started falling and the walls also started crumbling, and before I could even react.

I had started falling, there wasn't anything I could do. When I looked up and the hole I was standing on had already been covered up, let's see what else awaits me...

26