Book III: Chapter 15 – A Trial in the Heavens
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I WAS brought before a council, in the highest of the Heavens, the abode of Ishvhaḥṃār of where the Vimādhaḥṃār go every so often for seeking counsel. All were there, save for Daryurhaḥ and one other. They surrounded me upon their seats bathed in golden light, and above them all stood the Highest with his four heads looking my way. A great commotion was caused in using the powers as I had, for we were forbidden from ever showing ourselves as such. The Dehaḥṃār had agreed among themselves that they and the Celestials should only present themselves in form if and when irrevocable trouble was to come. And so for long they argued and deliberated until the Highest called for silence.

“Ishvhaḥṃār said to me:

‘Child, thou who art cursed and brought to us. Why is it thou didst not trust in us to deliver thee from the assailers? For if thou hadst bore the rays of the Drasūvayeznd, Dusdrahaḥ, nay all of us, would have aided thee.’

“And I said: ‘How do you suppose you could have done so as we were being chased and fired upon on all sides? No short of a cataclysm could have stopped the King and his retinue from hunting us down, and I much doubt you would wish his blood upon your hands.’

“They continued:

‘Dost thou think our powers to be used for destruction? Long hast thou lived in these domains and yet still much like a child thou art; hast thou not considered how it was we settled such matters in the past.’

“And I became angered and spoke harshly: ‘Then would you mean to descend! In that case, why not as well give us the Dvhaḥṣhtro and let us be on our way to the Hells! Surely that alone would give greater cause to our mission and we could well be done with it now. I do not speak from wanting to return to the Heavens—though dearly I wish so—but instead of what could best bring a resolution. Dusdrahaḥ before told me you can not help us in recovering them, but I do not believe those words for I cannot see why it is that should be so? Are not all of you the ones that preside above and called That which is One and All?’

“The old progenitor shook their heads and said:

‘Though we represent it, we are surely not that. And though I conveyed the Vādrunṃs to the first of the Mānuzhhaḥ, even I stand unaware at this point as to their meanings. My mind is not as it once was. Perhaps we are That, perhaps we are not. I tell thee, I verily know not. Yet what I shall say is that we are not acting upon our own accordance, for the directive to send thee and find aid was given by one even above me. The manifestation of the emanations of Light of whom is known as Lūshhaḥ!’

“And I stood stunned listening to that for the last we heard of his descent was during the Era of Tribulation. None within that realm had heard or seen him for long and even before his descent in ages prior, little did we understand of his intentions. No physical domain we know of that rests higher than where the Gods reside, but it is said that something does lie beyond, past the seven gates that guard some abode, though where the Light can be found or ascertained, no one knows. Even the Zūryashhaḥ of ages past that came to reside in the Heavens would not relate of it to any of us—perhaps seeing us unworthy of such knowledge, and given the mistakes of our kin, perhaps that was to be expected.

“But no more could I argue with him, and said: ‘Then what shall my punishment be?’

“Ishvhaḥṃār said:

‘Thy left arm shall be cut from its shoulder and no more can it be used. Shouldst thou transgress once more, then shall the other arm be cut, and if yet again thou shouldst transgress, then shall it be thy left leg, and shouldst thou still continue, then shall it be the other leg, and shouldst thou still not abide, then shall it be thy body, and at the very last if thou shouldst still not harken to these words, then the head shall be cleaved and no more wilt thou be able to stay in Ārhmanhaḥ nor return to the Higher Realms. From where thou shalt travel after, none can say.’

“But do not be alarmed when he talks of cutting and cleaving, for what he refers to is my ability to direct the powers.”

She held her left arm up from where they could see it quiver, and she continued, “Since awaking, my arm has not ceased shaking, and I am afraid it shall continue to be like this until the end of our journey. No more can I issue the elements from it, and no more shall any of my other powers course through. Barely can I move it and hardly I can eat with it.”

She smiled at Tūmbṃār. He felt none too happy about this, and by this point, cared little for her eating habits. He only desired her to be happy and normal. But it seemed to him for at least this moment that would not be so.

“And when he had finished relating, the council was adjourned and the thirty-three descended from their seats. I shall not speak for all of them, for it would take much too long to relate, but I will say they felt pity for my state and took their leave, bidding me well on my journey. Then the Gods presiding over Ārhmanhaḥ came to me and gave me words of wisdom of which I should do well to adhere.

"When only Dusdrahaḥ was left, he said this:

‘Trust in us when it should be available, none here have forsaken thee and none shall. We all bear burden for mistakes in ages past and whilst thou alone may have trouble accepting thy role, know that my words from before shall hold true. Thy companions will deliver thee! Not only from this mission, but also from thy wrath. I know the hate that it is thou beareth for our forsaken kin, but peace thou must make! The Light of the One shines not only for those in the Higher worlds and Midworld, but even in the deepest pits of the Lower. Ever does he extend his hand, and it shall surely guide thee and thy companions to their destination. That is all I shall say: That One and All shall manifest in you!’

“And I fell from the Heavens once more to be here again before all of you.”

0