Chapter 5 Let the games begin
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

ADMIN, TIME:0934


"Leader, I have sent the ion discharger charts to your PDA. Don't waste your worktime daydreaming"

Beep

I am currently sitting behind the admin desk showing a lot of different schematics of The Skeld. Various lights are blinking here and there in a holographic image of the ship, sending me a shit ton of data which i have to compile. Why a passenger who should be resting in her quarters for which SHE PAID is working in the admin you ask ?Well, its the fault of our very cheeky company called Mira. Do you remember the contract they made with the Skeld? 

Turns out they never paid for our transport in credits instead it was a contract for supplying a temporary workforce for the Skeld in exchange for transporting us to the HQ. Fucking leeches, sucking every drop of blood out of us. Can't blame them, most pioneer companies out there are like this. As humanity's technology evolved and it became a space faring race, its mentality also evolved, just backwards. Welcome to the FRICKIN JUNGLE, IT'S SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST HERE, HAHAHHAH

sighs~

I should stop my rant here and focus on the charts.

"Maybe a cookie would help"

*Alarms going off*

Beep beep beep beep...

"WHAT THE HELL??!?!?!"

Beep boop beep beep

Reactor temperature is SUDDENLY increasing and the automatic shutoff and cooldown is not working. Why can't I initiate any commands?

Beep beep

Shit shit SHIT SHIT SHIT. The countdown for reactor meltdown is decreasing at an alarming rate. What should I do????

Captain White suddenly enters the Admin with Officer Orange. Captain works on the main desk to find a solution while Orange asks me about the problem.

"The reactor temperature suddenly flared up. No warnings were given. It just went from normal to super heated without any gradiant"

"What?! How's that even possible?"

The timer shows 3 minutes and decreasing.

He looks at his PDA for location of the nearest personnel to the reactor. But he makes a  dumbfounded expression instead.

"Huh, why is the map not showin' anybody?!!"

"The Admin desk shows their locations, Here"

I showed him the locations from my side of the desk. He quickly contacted Red from med and Blue from electrical and ordered them to manually override the reactor functions. But no reply came from them.

"Come in Red. Come in Blue. Anybody copy? DAMMIT"

He tried contacting others but nothing worked.

The timer is now only one minute and decreasing.

Then the reactor meltdown timer suddenly stopped and the condition of the reactor became optimal.

sigh~~~

Everybody let loose a sigh of relief.

Off.Orange was the first to speak.

"That could've been bad"

Cap.White checked some other functions and finally said, 

"Somebody must have manually overrode it".

"Call everyone for a meeting. The problem is still not over"

REACTOR, TIME:0947


"WHOOH, WE DID ITTTTTT!!!!!"

I am Blue. I am currently watching an idiot dancing and dabbing around the reactor room. He didn't even do much. He just accessed his biometrics while I was running around the room like a headless chicken from one control panel to another. Still, i cannot say it to him or risk having him throw a adult tantrum. This day couldn't get worse, i was at the cafe drinking strawberry shakes and suddenly i find the most bulkiest and ugliest of insects about the size of my head on my hand just silently staring at me. It proceeded to chase me when i started running in the café until Miss Coral picked up the scampering space spider.

Hmmm, Now you may question me, Blue How can you find such an insect in a space vessel where each and every nook and cranny is monitored and controlled? 

Hmmm, i don't know maybe it is this IDIOT'S PET BEDCRAB that he took for a walk without him actually being there. So basically he released this abomination into the café like Jesse releasing Willy and went away to do his own business.

When I overcame that trauma and was doing my work at the electricals, suddenly the alarm goes off. I have never heard any alarm going off in the Skeld ever. So i checked my PDA lazily and find its just the Reactor doing some reactor things. Oh OK then, I think the admin guys will do something about it was my innocent thoughts until the timer went down below 3 minutes.

 Adrenaline coursed through my very being and i ran with all the speed my frail legs could carry me beelining straight to the Reactor. And I find this red headed muscle brain, trying his very best with the last 3 brain cells he has to stop the meltdown.

I finally stopped the meltdown but I am currently in the process of a meltdown myself having expended the meagre amount of stamina points that i have saved up over my lifetime.

I am sure i have lost atleast a few decades in my lifetime thanks to this incident.

I can already see some grey hairs falling out of my precious few survivors.

"This is the Captain speaking. Everyone assemble in the café at 1030. Passengers should also come to the café at the given timing. Remember this is not a request but an order for everyone"

An announcement rings out. I have never heard an announcement through the ship's speakers. We usually use the PDA for communications.

"Let's go Blue what are you dreaming about? I bet you are thinking about Miss.Coral HEHEHE... because she saved you today. HEHEHEHHHEHEHEHHAHAHAHAHA"

I followed Red who was laughing maniacally to the café with nothing to say about his childish antics even after just narrowly missing death's scythe.

0