Chapter 9 Explosive personality
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

LIVING QUARTERS, TIME:0953

The colour drains from Mom's face and she comes towards me and hugs me tightly while muttering between sobs, 

"D- Don't W-W-Worry Tane, Mom is heee-aar"

I hug her back and cry too. Her warmth comforts me to an extent but she leaves me. Feeling the despair of our situation, she tries to make one last stand. She tries to take one of the running pipes of the corridor as a weapon but it is too strongly attached. She puts her whole weight onto it and manages to take a arm long piece with her.

*Shwiift*

One of the doors opens. It's not long before we face the monster. I have lost all hope now. I desperately pray that we survive this.

*Shwift*

The doors slide open and the monster slowly makes its way towards us. Mom sprints towards it and tries to hit the thing. It takes the hit with one of the tentacles and throws her on the wall. Her back hit the corridor wall. 

Aargh.

It inches closer to her with its mouth open completely ignoring me.

I was sticking closely to the door on the far side.I started shouting, " HELP US, OPEN THE DOORS". I know the doors are sound proofed but still it was a vain attempt to save Mom.

The thing closed near Mom.

I became frantic and shouted more. Suddenly there was a voice echoing through the speakers. Eventhough the voice was subjected to the characteristic modulation of the speaker, It still sounded soothing enough to make me feel secure.

"Anyone near the door. Move away, Please~"



CORRIDOR TO LIVING QUARTERS, TIME:0949

"Why the heck is nothing working?!?! Aaaaaaah"

I am Cyan. The one CURRENTLY responsible for keeping the volatiles called passengers IN CHECK. Everything was going nice and my life, though not  amazing was stable. Then suddenly Rose bunked off her schedule. That is when it all went CUCKOO. Never in my life have I ever felt this frustrated. Problems started with GREY asking for a name change in his PDA.

I mean who fuckin' cares if your name is spelled with an 'a' instead of 'e' in the files of a ship you are going to travel for just a WEEK. FUCK YOU geezer.

And coming to the present, A conveniently placed reactor meltdown coupled with meticulous hacking of the ship systems.

*Beep Boop*

Sitting in the corner of the room and heavily focussing on the PDA connected to the terminal. I came to a decision.

"Yep, there is no way. I GIVE UP.

I am exhausted. I can't put up with this shit. Suddenly I hear a voice behind me. A familiar voice that I always try to avoid. A voice that I don't want to hear.

"Oh my~ You are giving up already?"

It was the demon called Coral.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE?"

"I came to deliver an order. But the doors were closed. You know the squig legs are better when served hot, don't you?~"

"It won't open. We are hacked out of our systems"

"Mmmm~ Say, Cyan-chan can you maybe access the speakers for me?"

"Why?!! No, I don't care anymore!"

*Beep Boop*

"Here, It's on"

"Anyone near the door. Move away, Please~"

Saying so she briskly walked near the door. She threw something out of her pant pockets. It was a round metallic object with red lines. It slowly went on an arc and settled near the door with some ticking sound. WAIT A MINUTE??! TICKING SOUNDS?!!

*TICK*

*TICK*

I hastily covered my ears while she took out some earpods and a FUCKIN' COMPACT PHASER hidden in her Dorae**n pockets.

*Tick*

*Swweeeng*

*Boom*

There was NO semblance of a door. Electrical wiring was hanging out everywhere and the floor was a puzzle showing the lower floor inbetween gaps.

She swiftly navigated the mess and started shooting at a hazy figure. I can't quite make it out from this distance.

*Swhoo Swhoo Swhoo*

Shot after shot was heard from her gun yet the figure was tanking it. WHAT THE HELL??!

The dust settled and I could see IT!!

THAT ABOMINATION. It had a face or whatever you can call it, which was like plain flesh noodles with teeth? sticking out or rather pointing everywhere. And its body was mush on the outside. Probably due to the phaser shots. And the remaining was ALL YOU CAN GET TENTACLE SALE. 

*Swhoo*

More shots disfigure its already ugly face. Seeing this Something threatens to climb out of my stomach. How can she maintain her composure still? Damn Demon.

She slowly closes her distance  without stopping her firing. That thing starts to sway like a drunkard and groans. 

When she reached point blank range, that thing started to whip its tentacles. She evaded it like it was nothing with a quick few jumps and twists. Few more shots to the head and spine, and it was done. This monster was resilient but it was nothing compared to the other.

Finally, she inserts a ball into the torso or something resembling it.

*Tick*

*Shweeng*

*Boom*

OVERKILL is the only word.

0